Tony Tune-age System

Presenting yourself, your equipment and music in pictures and text

Moderator: Staff

V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Tony Tune-age System

Post by V.A.MKD » 2020-02-07 10:26

Captain is OK, as well Hat, but color of the hat is dark = it will darken the sound in the room, but some how it will be most probably balanced with the jacket ...
... and need badminton tool ... with empty hand ... it's not good ... for the acoustic of the room ...
Tony Tune-age wrote:
2020-01-29 20:01
Tendaberry wrote:
2020-01-29 12:58
Spannko wrote:
2020-01-29 01:01
Ah yes. Definitely no large hats!
What? Captain Beefheart isn't allowed??
Cap.jpg
Well, perhaps Captain Beefheart will be allowed.
Music First ...
Vlado

Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age » 2020-02-07 17:19

Well, no Captain Beefheart then I guess - eh?

Cheers
Tony Tune-age

Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age » 2020-03-04 20:53

Last week I received two Lejonklou power cords (LPC's), one for the Klimax Radikal and one for the Klimax Kontrol. And as such, I was able to compare them with three power cords from other companies. One power cord is made by PS Audio and cost $500.00. The other two are from Synergistic Research and cost $700.00 and $1,100.00 respectively.

So the short story is, I'm keeping the two LPC's and have already ordered a third one for the Linn tuner. It's really difficult to understand why some of these other power cords can be so expensive, and so difficult to install.

Cheers
Tony Tune-age

Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 » 2020-03-09 11:08

That's good news - the improvement in Thomas' system was quite profound.
Tony Tune-age wrote:
2020-03-04 20:53
It's really difficult to understand why some of these other power cords can be so expensive, and so difficult to install.
Do they not even make the sound clearer in some way - i.e. to keep the audiophiles happy?

Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age » 2020-03-09 17:52

Charlie1 wrote:
2020-03-09 11:08
That's good news - the improvement in Thomas' system was quite profound.
Tony Tune-age wrote:
2020-03-04 20:53
It's really difficult to understand why some of these other power cords can be so expensive, and so difficult to install.
Do they not even make the sound clearer in some way - i.e. to keep the audiophiles happy?
Good afternoon Charlie,

Actually, the three non-Lejonklou power cords (LPC's) do sound good. And there are sonic attributes with all three of the non-LPC's. But the bottom line is, the LPC's are more composed and more musical with my Klimax Kontrol and Klimax Radikal. In addition, I have ordered another LPC for my Linn tuner and expect a similar performance there also. So for the cost and performance difference, the non-LPC's certainly aren't woth the money...that they cost. And for $500.00, I could purchase approximately twelve LPC's. And for $700.00, I could purchase approximately seventeen LPC's. And finally, for $1,100, I could purchase approximately twentyseven LPC's.

If possible and when time permits, we'll compare the LPC's with power cords that cost $2,000.00 and more. Such as the Nordost Valhalla power cord and other overly priced power cords.

Cheers
Tony Tune-age

Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age » 2020-03-26 19:10

My new Entity now has a sufficient number of hours to really hear what it can do for my system. However, the three new Lejonklou power cords (LPC's) have contributed a great deal of improvement as well. And they seem to be in total harmony with the Entity, Klimax Radikal and Klimax Kontrol.

Overall, there is way more power, punch and grace to the music. The sound is excellent, and I'm impressed with the level of performance from the Entity and LPC's. At this point, I'm really looking forward to the new Karousel bearing system for sure!

Also, my Entity will have it's first upgrade. Although it's not a major improvement, and won't be referred to as revision one. Apparently an additional insulating spacer will be installed, which Thomas said will only provide a small (but noticeable) improvement. So, there is a lot for me to look forward to in the next few weeks!

Cheers
Tony Tune-age