Moderator: Staff

Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Re: LP12 Radikal problem

Post by Charlie1 » 2020-06-29 23:24

KeithRM wrote:
2020-06-29 19:40
My dealer spoke to Linn today. The motor is isolated from its casing and the casing is touching the foot where it has no affect on the Trampolin.
Maybe true for the Trampolin but the touching motor definitely had a negative impact on the musical performance of my deck as a whole.

Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age » 2020-06-30 03:36

Charlie1 wrote:
2020-06-29 23:24
KeithRM wrote:
2020-06-29 19:40
My dealer spoke to Linn today. The motor is isolated from its casing and the casing is touching the foot where it has no affect on the Trampolin.
Maybe true for the Trampolin but the touching motor definitely had a negative impact on the musical performance of my deck as a whole.
Same here, total negative impact on my deck too! Absolutely nothing good can come from those two parts touching each other. It's a significant design flaw that has not been officially acknowledged by Linn. However, there are a few different ways to remedy the situation. Apparently the new Linn plinths are being made a little bit bigger, maybe around 67-68 mm. Just enough to keep the two parts from touching. Thomas placed spacers in my plinth, and that works perfectly.

Cheers
Tony Tune-age

Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender » 2020-07-02 19:59

you are right Charlie,
my LP is still on a Lack Table but I got now inspired by light metal frame coffee tables which I would like to modify with spikes and an own top board. So far my Radikal is not installed and also my Ekos is still not back from Linn but I think I might not go with the small wood stripes and rather take the suspended feets from my Trampolin board off and use it Base Board like with normal feets for the LP.

The main reason for this is that I have the impression that my trampolin feet got week at the back side of the LP12 - I leveled the lack table and with placing the LP12 with feets all in - the LP12 is still down at the back side where the motor/arm column is.

Maybe I am mental but I dont like that. When the table is level the plinth should be level and the platter should be level too. I know that I can level the Lack table so plinth and platter are level (and Lack table is not anymore) but thats not how it works for me 😂

ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK » 2020-07-02 21:55

I'm afraid that's the only way it will work with a Trampolin and it's OK. The back of the LP12 is heavier than the front, and with an Ekos SE it is especially heavy on the right back. This will cause the LP12 to sit a bit lower at the back and sometimes lower yet on the back right. On my LP12s I do set the spikes on the stand to make it unlevel so that the LP12 on top of it is level. It works just fine as long as you can adjust your expectations.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.