Four years in the making

A source of endless thrills

Moderator: Staff

anthony
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Four years in the making

Post by anthony »

That sounds amazing, especially at the bargain cost!
markiteight

Post by markiteight »

Posts pertaining to the JBL 708P have been moved here

Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

isnt it funny that the clips from Jajo initiated a discussion about the loudspeakers more than it did about the source?

We are source first people! To my knowledge those are the first clips we heard from Källa so please give it the right justice.

I am impressed what I hear from the source.
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

Defender wrote: 2021-09-07 09:39 isnt it funny that the clips from Jajo initiated a discussion about the loudspeakers more than it did about the source?
We are source first people! To my knowledge those are the first clips we heard from Källa so please give it the right justice.
I am impressed what I hear from the source.
Did the music come from Spotify as source to Källa?

Matt
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Defender wrote: 2021-09-07 09:39 isnt it funny that the clips from Jajo initiated a discussion about the loudspeakers more than it did about the source?
I thought the same.

But then I realized that people know that they'll soon hear more about Källa. And they might soon listen to it themselves. But the speaker was unknown and had to be asked about.
matthias wrote: 2021-09-07 10:45 Did the music come from Spotify as source to Källa?
Yes, from my Spotify account on an iPhone 11.
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

lejonklou wrote: 2021-09-07 11:02
I thought the same.

But then I realized that people know that they'll soon hear more about Källa. And they might soon listen to it themselves. But the speaker was unknown and had to be asked about.
+1 and also brand or model of loudspeakers that will be partner to Lejonklou Products, on the same level of musicality as Lejonklou Products ...
Music First ...
Vlado
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

lejonklou wrote: 2021-09-07 11:02 iPhone 11
Still the best Wifi-CP for Källa or does the CP not matter anymore?
Thanks

Matt
Matt

lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

matthias wrote: 2021-09-07 13:05
Yes, after a lot of tests our conclusion is that the iPhone 11 is the best. We'll continue testing other devices and report on our findings.

Although the differences are not that big, it's hard to settle for anything but the best once you've compared them. And the comparisons are so simple to make, you just close one device and open another.

As I just wrote in another thread: If you are using Spotify, you can leave the iPhone 11 on the table and never pick it up, if you so wish. When opening Spotify on any other device (Android, computer, iOS, etc), it will ask you which unit you wish to stream to. And then you choose iPhone 11 and the music will appear in your HiFi system.
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

lejonklou wrote: 2021-09-07 13:47 Yes, after a lot of tests our conclusion is that the iPhone 11 is the best.
It is a pity that I have got a iPhone 12 mini.
I think it is a bit annoying that Källa is dependant on the quality of the apple device.

Matt
Matt

lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

matthias wrote: 2021-09-07 14:27
lejonklou wrote: 2021-09-07 13:47 Yes, after a lot of tests our conclusion is that the iPhone 11 is the best.
It is a pity that I have got a iPhone 12 mini.
I think it is a bit annoying that Källa is dependant on the quality of the apple device.
iPhone 12 mini sounds good too. But getting a second hand 11 and leaving it on the table is a small cost that might be worth it if you compare them.

Yes, it's a little annoying that so many details affect all digital replay, but that's just how it is. Personally I'm more annoyed with the difference between routers, because I'm reluctant to change that part. A while back I had bought a very modern, high speed and wide range router system. I was using a streamer of a different brand then and became so annoyed with how much worse the music became with the new router that I had to return it to the store and go back to using my old router.
Azazello
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Azazello »

Have you tested the ipod touch?
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Azazello wrote: 2021-09-07 15:35 Have you tested the ipod touch?
No.

That would certainly be a unit perfectly suited to leaving on the table, as it is no phone.
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

How about iPads?
Azazello
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Azazello »

lejonklou wrote: 2021-09-07 15:47
Azazello wrote: 2021-09-07 15:35 Have you tested the ipod touch?
No.

That would certainly be a unit perfectly suited to leaving on the table, as it is no phone.
It would certainly feel less annoying :) Apparently it uses the same chip as the iPhone 7 so it might not be a good contender sound-wise (if it's the chip that matters...).
Last edited by Azazello on 2021-09-07 21:42, edited 1 time in total.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Azazello wrote: 2021-09-07 16:29 (if it's the chip that matters...)
If by chip you mean the CPU, no that doesn't seem to matter. We don't know exactly what matters, it could possibly be the chip that handles WiFi connectivity or it could be the sum of several such parameters.
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

and on the Källa CP thread you posted:
lejonklou wrote: 2021-05-19 21:32 The musical differences between them are now virtually nonexistent!
I feel so happy about this!
I am a bit puzzled about this, is the old ranking order reestablished?

Matt
Matt

lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Sorry to hear that you are feeling both annoyed and puzzled today, matthias. ;)

The differences between control points used to be big. Big enough to make me consider supplying one with each streamer, just to make sure each Källa was performing as it should.

We managed to make the differences much smaller. Small enough that I enjoy listening regardless of which control point is used.

But there's still a difference. You better listen for yourself to determine whether you think it's important. I think it's worth getting right.
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

lejonklou wrote: 2021-09-07 20:25 The differences between control points used to be big. Big enough to make me consider supplying one with each streamer, just to make sure each Källa was performing as it should.
We managed to make the differences much smaller. Small enough that I enjoy listening regardless of which control point is used.
But there's still a difference. You better listen for yourself to determine whether you think it's important. I think it's worth getting right.
Thanks for clarification, Fredrik :)

Matt
Matt

matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

Just listened for the first time with MBP and HP, it sounds terrific :)

Matt
Matt

Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

I know its a difficult question to ask but with your experience Fredrik what level of performance is the Källa reaching with respect to the LP12.
Is it close to an Akurate level LP12 or to Majik Level LP12 or is the musical presentation different to analogue and not really comparable.

How much is the performance drop if you use it with a NAS compared to using it with Spotify? Is it dropping to 80% of the Spotify performance? Would than moving the files directly to the IPhone instead using a NAS bring it close to Spotify?

I know many difficult questions but thats what I am asking myself now ... and do you already have a closer idea of the price ;)
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

Defender wrote: 2021-09-09 12:52 ...is the musical presentation different to analogue and not really comparable.
lejonklou wrote: 2021-08-01 12:07 It doesn't sound like any source you've ever heard. And even more importantly, it doesn't feel like any source you've ever heard.
Interesting question and statement for sure.
The last info about the price was like two Boazus.

Matt
Matt

ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Fredrik is still hoping for a price of around two Boazu 1.3. However, the selling price is always based on the actual cost of manufacture, and that is not known until the first production models are complete. If we are lucky this is only a couple of weeks away but it could be a bit longer. Until then it is still speculation, but well informed speculation. I am hoping for a September launch with availability in the US in October. I have a decent batch on order.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Post by u252agz »

lejonklou wrote: 2021-09-07 13:47
matthias wrote: 2021-09-07 13:05
Yes, after a lot of tests our conclusion is that the iPhone 11 is the best. We'll continue testing other devices and report on our findings.

Although the differences are not that big, it's hard to settle for anything but the best once you've compared them. And the comparisons are so simple to make, you just close one device and open another.

As I just wrote in another thread: If you are using Spotify, you can leave the iPhone 11 on the table and never pick it up, if you so wish. When opening Spotify on any other device (Android, computer, iOS, etc), it will ask you which unit you wish to stream to. And then you choose iPhone 11 and the music will appear in your HiFi system.
If it is going to be as easy as this and gives the best result- I would certainly buy an i phone 11 ( not the crazy price of iphone 12) and consider the Kalla/iphone 11 package as the best Lejonklou streamer money can buy, and hopefully the most musical streamer anyone can buy
Kalla/Sag M/Tun M3/242/LP12/Slip7

Kalla/Giella Pi/JBL308/RS2e

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s
Arjen
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Arjen »

Hi, as an analogue, with stand alone gear and devices in a stand alone setup, I’m totally not into digital technology. Now I ‘m reading in a newspaper about Tesla, about Sonos, Apple, Fitbit, John Deere etc. who are remotedly manipulating devices (stopping services, deleting films and books, limiting functions. So question is how will this affect the use of a Kalla in the future when you are dependent on providers and devices and their control and updates protocol?
Lenco 76/S TJN, Dr. Fuss, Supernait2, CD5X, Slipsik7.1, Millon Phantom, Soundeck, AudioSensibility
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

I don't see how the things you mention are applicable to Källa, Arjen.

Streaming music will surely continue to evolve. What's best today will be replaced by something else tomorrow. Then you just play that on your Källa. In the unlikely event that services or formats become incompatible, we'll already be focused on developing a firmware update that modifies Källa to meet the new standards.