Ekos SE tonearm Cable Options

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

brskie

Ekos SE tonearm Cable Options

Post by brskie »

Hi Everyone,
I am new to the forum and have been enjoying reading the many interesting threads. I have a Klimax LP12, Pass electronics and Thiel speakers. I am considering upgrading to an external phono stage. I was wondering if anyone could recommend tonearm cables for my TT (in addition to the grey Akito 3 T-cable that many appear to be very pleased with). I am looking for a high quality cable that will not interfere with the table's suspended chassis and has a sufficient capacitance to give me a wide choice of cartridges to run in the future.

One possibility I am considering is the Chord Sarum T tonearm cable in the more flexible slim configuration. Do anyone have any direct experience with either this cable or others?
I appreciate any recommendations that can help me in my journey. Thanks so much.

Bruce
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Ekos SE tonearm Cable Options

Post by V.A.MKD »

brskie wrote: 2020-11-17 16:58 I was wondering if anyone could recommend tonearm cables for my TT (in addition to the grey Akito 3 T-cable that many appear to be very pleased with). I am looking for a high quality cable that will not interfere with the table's suspended chassis and has a sufficient capacitance to give me a wide choice of cartridges to run in the future.

One possibility I am considering is the Chord Sarum T tonearm cable in the more flexible slim configuration. Do anyone have any direct experience with either this cable or others?
I appreciate any recommendations that can help me in my journey. Thanks so much.

Bruce
Welcome to the forum Brskie.

My opinion is Akito-3, T-Cable/Grey is optimum solution ... Other options are also ... but are they musical as Linn products ...
Music First ...
Vlado
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

you might barely find a different recommendation than the grey T cable here but hopefully others can comment what other cables they have tested it against
I had an older grey t cable with a black connector which I replaced with a new T cable with a new Linn connector - so at least you know I didn’t wanted to experiment
sktn77a

Post by sktn77a »

There are some Ekos SE cables on the market as people have upgraded to the internal Urika preamp cable. Check out used sales on the internet.
Keith
LP12, Ekos, VM760, Slipsik 7.1, NDX2, 252, 250, Aerial 5B, LS3/5a, Harbeth M30, Gallo TR3D
Efraim roots
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Efraim roots »

Personally I would just go for Klimax LP12 an Lejonklou Entity and the grey T-Kable as recommended here. The lot is built around each other, very special and balanced. Get the perfect set-up of the LP12 and best possible shelf for it. Then you can get your favourite hi-end cable from Entity to the amp by home demos :) I'm rather conservative but I choose Naim Hi-Line rca-rca to my Lejonklou Boazu.
the players of instruments shall be there..