Brikin' It !

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Brikin' It !

Post by Charlie1 »

The serviced 32.5 is another step towards a more long-term workable solution.

Mike Mills tribute - one of my favourite bass players:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8u7twqvkn3x5o ... D.MOV?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4xmsbtoeoqm7b ... D.MOV?dl=0
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Charlie1 wrote: 2020-03-05 18:16 I wish I was like you and most folks that hear only benefits to the newer components.
I have enjoyed the newer LP12 components, and don't regret making the changes either. And when the Linn Lingo replaced my Vahalla power supply, there was a big musical improvement overall. However, there was something missing with the Lingo, although I could never determine what it was exactly. But the improvements with the Lingo over the Vahalla were so significant, I eventually forgot all about the Vahalla sound characteristics.

And changing to the Linn Keel was a similar experience as well. I think it's possible that somethings do get lost when upgrading to a better LP12 component, or part. But not enough to make a difference, or to stop me from making the change.

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Thanks Tony. Nice to know it's not always a 100% knockout for everyone and there are shades of grey, albeit differing shades between us.
Lego
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Lego »

Charlie1 wrote: 2020-03-06 00:16 Thanks Tony. Nice to know it's not always a 100% knockout for everyone and there are shades of grey, albeit differing shades between us.
Also you've got to remember Charlie1 you're listening to an LP12 with Naim amps, something Linn would never ever endorse.
Maybe you need an Aro 😁

Although I remember hearing when Naim brought out their mega pre amp the model escapes me ,52 ? Boffins at Linn were saying never mind the tune, listen to that f.... detail !!!! I'm guessing that put their noses out of joint,and made them go for the Kairn .Pure speculation of course 🤣

When I had my Akiva installed,it sounded good but not quite right,I couldn't out my finger on it as I didn't know how Akiva should sound. .I took deck to my original dealer and he said deck was ok just needed a wee something. Musically the difference was night and day .
I know that tune
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Yes, NAC52. I think it has it's own PSU too. In the old Naim video, you can see Julian, Guy and a couple of others discussing the prototype. Never had the chance to year one. They still sell for big money.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

I believe it was the NAC 552. And Linn certainly did highly endorse using the LP12 and Isobariks, SARAs and Kans with Naim electronics...until they came out with their own!
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Lego
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Lego »

ThomasOK wrote: 2020-06-23 23:35 I believe it was the NAC 552. And Linn certainly did highly endorse using the LP12 and Isobariks, SARAs and Kans with Naim electronics...until they came out with their own!
Sorry Thomas it was the 52 I was referring to, not the 552 which is a later preamp
I know that tune