Where it all begins

Moderator: Staff

V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Playlist

Post by V.A.MKD »

Tendaberry wrote: 2020-04-05 01:42
lejonklou wrote: 2020-03-14 12:12 I would be interested in knowing more about the arrangement below your LP12, Tendaberry
A bit of off-topic then: Since I cannot afford, nor place two Harmonihyllan at the moment and I know that the Quadraspire Sunoko Vent wall shelf isn't the best on the market, I decided to look into what I can do to improve it at a low cost.
A friend and I tested about 10 different boards in a self-built metal frame with spikes, which were used as a support for his Solos. The boards were made from different materials and had different thicknesses. The differences were surprisingly big and most were really bad. Then we tried the shelf from the Audiotech wall shelf and that was really good.
Well, you can't buy those anymore (I needed 6 and my friend 4), so we started thinking and came upon airplane grade plywood. There's at least one very good manufacturer of audio tables, that uses a very similar shelf.
So we found a shop that sells them in various sizes and thicknesses. I use 8 mm with 16 layers of birch, they are extremely stable, yet light. Cost is about € 32,- per 50 x 50 cm shelf. I cut them to 50 x 40 cm (you have to use a very good electrical saw). So I tried one first under the LP12 and the timing was a lot better and everything just came together. Then I tried it under the ADSM and the same thing happened there. I put Oehlbach Mini Spikes (cones 11 mm) in each corner between the Quadraspire and the new shelves. Do not put them in the middle of each side, that's a lot worse.
Thank you Tendaberry, excellent info for improve ...
P.S. Yes a bit of off-topic, and it will be good to be moved to ...
Music First ...
Vlado
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

I'd just like to say, in these current times, thank goodness for the joy of music.
KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

sunbeamgls wrote: 2020-04-09 18:45 I'd just like to say, in these current times, thank goodness for the joy of music.
... and it helps a lot ...
Music First ...
Vlado
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Music keeps my soul in check.
Freddy

Post by Freddy »

Tendaberry wrote: 2020-04-05 01:42
lejonklou wrote: 2020-03-14 12:12 I would be interested in knowing more about the arrangement below your LP12, Tendaberry
A bit of off-topic then: Since I cannot afford, nor place two Harmonihyllan at the moment and I know that the Quadraspire Sunoko Vent wall shelf isn't the best on the market, I decided to look into what I can do to improve it at a low cost.
A friend and I tested about 10 different boards in a self-built metal frame with spikes, which were used as a support for his Solos. The boards were made from different materials and had different thicknesses. The differences were surprisingly big and most were really bad. Then we tried the shelf from the Audiotech wall shelf and that was really good.
Well, you can't buy those anymore (I needed 6 and my friend 4), so we started thinking and came upon airplane grade plywood. There's at least one very good manufacturer of audio tables, that uses a very similar shelf.
So we found a shop that sells them in various sizes and thicknesses. I use 8 mm with 16 layers of birch, they are extremely stable, yet light. Cost is about € 32,- per 50 x 50 cm shelf. I cut them to 50 x 40 cm (you have to use a very good electrical saw). So I tried one first under the LP12 and the timing was a lot better and everything just came together. Then I tried it under the ADSM and the same thing happened there. I put Oehlbach Mini Spikes (cones 11 mm) in each corner between the Quadraspire and the new shelves. Do not put them in the middle of each side, that's a lot worse.
Thats interesting info about the shelf material. You know that you can buy Harmonishelf system without the very expensive shelfs. Then you can make your own shelfs and experiment with different materials. I did that with very good results. From the prize list at Tonläget. "Harmonihylla - kit (exkl alla trähyllplan) Pris per hyllplan: 2900Skr" (about 290€/shelf). His prize list very complicated so I think you have mail him to get quote.
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

Highly recommend this video of A Winged Victory for the Sullen followed by Nils Frahm at the Royal Albert Hall Proms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1mHyj3lubQ
KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.
David Neel
Very active member
Very active member

Post by David Neel »

This lockdown is expensive! When I thought I was going to be without my LP12 for a long time, I bought quite a few new CDs. The standout has been the Schumann Quartett's trilogy of albums on Berlin Classics: Landscapes, Intermezzo, and Chiaroscuro. Now the LP12 is back sooner than I'd hoped, I've bought a lot of new vinyl as well! Treated myself to several Eterna AAA reissues, but today's package was Charles Lloyd/Dreamweaver (nostalgia rules!) and E.S.T. live in Gothenburg. Even though I've got several E.S.T. albums, this is a real standout. Eagerly awaiting the new Lucinda Williams album...
The search for knowledge is not nourished by certainty, but by a radical distrust in certainty
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

The Alan Parson Project - I Robot (1977 first UK pressing)
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tendaberry »

IMG_6540.jpg
The first lp played on my new LP12 with Karousel: The Dave Brubeck Quartet - At Carnegie Hall (2-eye Columbia)
Here are some others, that have been spinning lately:
Baden Powell - À Vontade
Pistol Annies - Annie Up
John Prine - The Tree Of Forgiveness
Townes Van Zandt - For The Sake Of The Song
The Pentangle - Basket Of Light
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kampak

Post by kampak »

I really like your new Plinth, looks verrry good to me - phantastic choice!
Over here I’m still waiting for my Karousel and right now I stream this one from my NAS:

Young Thug - So much fun
Linn-Lejonklou-Kudos
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

https://www.discogs.com/The-Grateful-De ... se/3101560

Superb pressing; highly recommended.

M.
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

https://www.discogs.com/Neil-Young-Harv ... se/3174466

I can recommend also this one: great!

M.
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

Give this a try. Nitin Sawhney lockdown collection.

https://youtu.be/da9PIMGVw8E

Great music and some stunning vocal performances
springwood64
Very active member
Very active member

Post by springwood64 »

Dipping a toe in the court of the Crimson King. Was rejected by the rest of the family before the end of the first track, but it's caught my attention so started listening again thru headphones...
Pete

Linn Axis, Kinki, Källa (GS308T+Amplifi HD x 2 + BJC), Boazu, Espeks
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

Great album
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maffe
Very active member
Very active member

Post by maffe »

Cure evening tonight!
Kaos only wish is of course “Love Cats”, but he has to wait for his turn :)
springwood64
Very active member
Very active member

Post by springwood64 »

I've owned this for about 30 years and never got into it. Probably only played it a couple of times after I bought it then filed and forgot it

I found it while looking for another album and thought 'why not give it another try'.

Enjoyed it, thought it was very together, but I lost interest towards the end of the second side. I'll give it another go in 2050

IMG_20201203_205226094.jpg
Pete

Linn Axis, Kinki, Källa (GS308T+Amplifi HD x 2 + BJC), Boazu, Espeks
maffe
Very active member
Very active member

Post by maffe »

When the cat don´t approve the choice of music
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-fWs ... B-1280.mp4
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

maffe wrote: 2020-12-18 09:37 When the cat don´t approve the choice of music

A cat that does not like Eric Claptons “Old Love”!? Something is definately wrong.................
Playing cd’s…………
maffe
Very active member
Very active member

Post by maffe »

beck wrote: 2020-12-18 22:38
maffe wrote: 2020-12-18 09:37 When the cat don´t approve the choice of music

A cat that does not like Eric Claptons “Old Love”!? Something is definately wrong.................
Well he just dislikes Clapton!
https://youtu.be/UMhsGmmGr5g
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

That's hilarious! Maybe you should play him some Cream and see if he likes Clapton in his prime. ;-) (No stone throwing from those who prefer the newer stuff.)
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

Looks like a reflex response... Glad he didn't go after the woofer(s) - that would have been a catastrophe :o
maffe
Very active member
Very active member

Post by maffe »

ThomasOK wrote: 2020-12-19 17:10 That's hilarious! Maybe you should play him some Cream and see if he likes Clapton in his prime. ;-) (No stone throwing from those who prefer the newer stuff.)
Put on Cream?
I fear for my life!!!

This is more up Kaos alley
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-NST ... w-1280.mp4

Edit: updated to the correct video!