Karousel

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

TMV

Re: Karousel

Post by TMV »

My local Linn dealer wrote this at tonlaget.com.
Otroligt bra - Till att börja med har vi Karousel på Akurate LP12:a - och en Klimax LP12 med cirkus låter tråkigt i jämförelse! Pris för ett uppgraderingskit inkl innertallrik 9910kr. Solklart den mest prisvärda uppgraderingen av LP12:an genom tiderna!

Klimax LP12 is boring VS Akurate with Karousel.
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

TMV wrote: 2020-03-25 09:29 My local Linn dealer wrote this at tonlaget.com.
Otroligt bra - Till att börja med har vi Karousel på Akurate LP12:a - och en Klimax LP12 med cirkus låter tråkigt i jämförelse! Pris för ett uppgraderingskit inkl innertallrik 9910kr. Solklart den mest prisvärda uppgraderingen av LP12:an genom tiderna!

Very very interesting ...
This will be issue of ...
Music First ...
Vlado
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

that sounds promising
the translator also said: obviously the best upgrade for the money for the LP12
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tendaberry »

Defender wrote: 2020-03-25 11:20 that sounds promising the translator also said: obviously the best upgrade for the money for the LP12
That's correct! And Anders at Tonläget isn't normally one to exaggerate...
maffe
Very active member
Very active member

Post by maffe »

My day off tomorrow just got filled with a visit to Tonlaget :)
El Mero Mero

Post by El Mero Mero »

I hate this kind of statements. Klimax LP12 has never been boring!

I would much prefer them saying "Taking the LP12 to a whole new level." or something like this.
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

I understand your point El - since the origins seem to be trustworthy tho', I read it in the spirit of one genuinely surprised by how much difference it made to an Akurate level LP12 against Klimax level as a reference... And imagine what new heights of Klimax a Karousel will take you to if that's the level of improvement on a 'mere' Akurate.

Hoping Thomas, and others, can further enlighten us soon enough, and won't be surprised if this will lighten a few wallets into the bargain (free Karousel upgrade notwithsanding ;)
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

TMV wrote: 2020-03-25 09:29 Klimax LP12 is boring VS Akurate with Karousel.
Really?
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

tokenbrit wrote: 2020-03-25 16:15 I understand your point El - since the origins seem to be trustworthy tho', I read it in the spirit of one genuinely surprised by how much difference it made to an Akurate level LP12 against Klimax level as a reference... And imagine what new heights of Klimax a Karousel will take you to if that's the level of improvement on a 'mere' Akurate.

Hoping Thomas, and others, can further enlighten us soon enough, and won't be surprised if this will lighten a few wallets into the bargain (free Karousel upgrade notwithsanding ;)
Absolutely +1 ...
Music First ...
Vlado
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

great to see you Matteo 👍
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

Defender wrote: 2020-03-26 10:54 great to see you Matteo 👍
💪🏻
Øyvind I

Post by Øyvind I »

El Mero Mero wrote: 2020-03-25 14:03
I hate this kind of statements. Klimax LP12 has never been boring!

I would much prefer them saying "Taking the LP12 to a whole new level." or something like this.
You quoting something which the dealer did not write. It was written "it is boring in comparison" That's completely different to what you said and was not stated. Also the quick English version included versus. This is internett, but still.

looking forward to receive mine :-)
Moomintroll

Post by Moomintroll »

ThomasOK wrote: 2020-03-12 17:35
cortina wrote: 2020-03-12 08:53 Hi,
Clear that it is not limited to LP12 only. But you are saying that it is not limited to upgrades only so it is also possible to buy eg an amplifier, speaker or cables?
Yes, that is exactly what I am saying as it is what Linn has said to me. Amplifiers, DS, DSM, speakers, cables, Exaktboxes, etc. are all included. The only exclusion I was told about was the Series 3 speakers. This was in answer to a direct request for clarification on that issue. Linn is planning to publish more in depth dealer information on the Karousel and the promotions, including a video talking about the design of the Karousel, on or just before the 23rd.
Tom,
Any update on this video that you mentioned?

‘troll
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

Matteo wrote: 2020-03-25 23:16
TMV wrote: 2020-03-25 09:29 Klimax LP12 is boring VS Akurate with Karousel.
Really?
This doesn’t surprise me tbh 😮 and is the reason why I switched to digital many years ago. Modern LP12s sound like expensive CD players to me.

Its just occurred to me. In the god old days, the LP12 didn’t need torquing to within a N.km of its life to sound OK. The parts were put in a box, given a good shake, and out popped an assembled turntable which made beautiful music. 🤥 It was just fundamentally more musical, and like most musical components it “just works”.

Seriously though, it’s been the old dealers dirty little secret for many years, especially the ones who still use pre Cirkus era LP12s. However, if the Karousel brings back the original bearings musicality AND retains, or improves on the Cirkus’ sound, it could be something really special.

PS. While I’m at it, DS “systems” don’t “just work” either (I’m not an lp12 hater). I think the DSs “just work”, but they’re let down by the network components which need very careful selection.
maffe
Very active member
Very active member

Post by maffe »

Just back home after a long walk in the sun with a pit stop at tonläget :)
To keep it short, I’m not longer aiming to get a keel as next upgrade...
Akurate LP12 was connected to Entity and kdsm, ktwin and the new prototype Klångedang M2
The Akurate LP12 played better then the Klimax LP12, more music and better musicality.
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tendaberry »

No big surprise there :-) My new LP12 ships on Wednesday, so I'll have it before Easter.
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

can someone might do before and after clips for us ... especially with a Sagatun it should be easy to find the same volume level again (great thing - I am loving these „seem to be“ small things Fredrik)

Tendaberry that sounds like something to look forward - I would love to see pictures from your walnut LP12
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

Well, I think I have the Karousel tomorrow. My dealer sent it out yesterday. I'll have it installed in the next few days, probably Monday. The only question is the torque, which according to Peter @Cymbiosis should be 4Nm for the Keel. Also the question how far the Sturtevant tool can be used.
Trust your ears
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

Not trying to cool down the exitement I would just like to point out that a proper comparison would have to be done between a new unworn Cirkus and a new Karousel......
Playing cd’s…………
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

beck wrote: 2020-03-27 10:29 Not trying to cool down the exitement I would just like to point out that a proper comparison would have to be done between a new unworn Cirkus and a new Karousel......
+1
Music First ...
Vlado
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

beck wrote: 2020-03-27 10:29 Not trying to cool down the exitement I would just like to point out that a proper comparison would have to be done between a new unworn Cirkus and a new Karousel......
And then another comparison in about 6 months, between the two bearings with similar use. It’ll be interesting to see if the Karousel maintains its advantage.
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

It seems that Linn is committing suicide offering an upgrade that for less than 1,000 € could transform an Akurate LP12 to a more musical device than a crazy pricey Klimax LP12

Who the hell will buy a Keel, an Ekos or a Klimax Radikal in the future?

M.
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

the ones who have a Karousel by than will go the next steps
many who want to get the best out of their systems might already have a Keel, Radikal, Ekos.

I see it this way: it will make you get even more out of the investments you did before (into a Keel, a Radikal an Ekos)
Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

Tendaberry wrote: 2020-03-26 18:25 No big surprise there :-) My new LP12 ships on Wednesday, so I'll have it before Easter.
Implies that my trusted dealer is visiting you? :-)
PC or LP12-Krsel-KRad/1-Keel-Ekos SE/1-Akiva-Urika II | KRDSM | KEB/2 | C6100/D | AV5140/038
Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

Matteo wrote: 2020-03-27 16:12 It seems that Linn is committing suicide offering an upgrade that for less than 1,000 € could transform an Akurate LP12 to a more musical device than a crazy pricey Klimax LP12

Who the hell will buy a Keel, an Ekos or a Klimax Radikal in the future?

M.
I'd rather think, they (still) strive to dominate the world. ;-)
PC or LP12-Krsel-KRad/1-Keel-Ekos SE/1-Akiva-Urika II | KRDSM | KEB/2 | C6100/D | AV5140/038