Vlado
Music First ...
Vlado
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Re: First review of Entity

Post by Tony Tune-age »

The news is spreading, a great product indeed. Congratulations on another fine review Fredrick!

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
barrie

Re: Entity MC

Post by barrie »

A very good review,'ticks all the boxes',
Well done Fredrick.
Barrie
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

A truly fine review. He seems to hit all the strengths and lack of weaknesses quite well. To compare to the CH Precision P1, a unit that some consider a reference and sells for not far from the price of SINGularity pair over here (more if you go for the second power supply for mono PS operation) certainly shows it plays well above its price league. Congratulations Fredrik and Marco!
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

nothing to add - congratulation!
impressive review ... even more so when you realize the reviewer compared the Entity to other impressive phono stages on „hifi terms“ and less on musicality or tune. It makes it clear with the Entity you don’t have to compromise one for the other.
u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Post by u252agz »

These reviews are making the Krystal/Entity vs Kore to Keel decsion even more diffiicult.

Head says Keel ; Heart says Krystal/ Entity.

Head may accept Krystal/Entity first as long as there is commitment to Keel in the not too distant future, but has to contend with the fact that Heart has unauthorized access to funds.
Kalla/Sag M/Tun M3/242/LP12/Slip7

Kalla/Giella Pi/JBL308/RS2e

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

A truely great review. Congratulation Fredrik! :-)
Playing cd’s…………
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

:))) it's all about emotions ...
u252agz wrote: 2020-01-30 12:02 These reviews are making the Krystal/Entity vs Kore to Keel decsion even more diffiicult.

Head may accept Krystal/Entity first as long as there is commitment to Keel in the not too distant future, but has to contend with the fact that Heart has unauthorized access to funds.
Music First ...
Vlado
David Neel
Very active member
Very active member

Post by David Neel »

u252agz wrote: 2020-01-30 12:02 These reviews are making the Krystal/Entity vs Kore to Keel decsion even more diffiicult.

I think you should go with your head and get the Keel. This follows source first and is more fundamental. Once you have done that and satisified the hierarchy, it's time for the heart to use its unauthorised access.... :)
The search for knowledge is not nourished by certainty, but by a radical distrust in certainty
u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Post by u252agz »

Thanks for the advice guys.

I do have a previous history of going against 'Source first' with my LP12; opting for Kore/Akito 3 with the Majik power supply in place, and then Slipsik 6 - 7 with the Kore in place; and unfortunately both of those have been very enjoyable improvements, which I did not regret for a minute.

It is an old adage that 'past performance is the best predictor of future behaviour' - lets see if I can break free and listen to my Head for a change.
Kalla/Sag M/Tun M3/242/LP12/Slip7

Kalla/Giella Pi/JBL308/RS2e

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

David Neel wrote: 2020-01-30 13:08

I think you should go with your head and get the Keel. This follows source first and is more fundamental. Once you have done that and satisified the hierarchy, it's time for the heart to use its unauthorised access.... :)
I have to agree with David, but I understand your prior successes in going a bit outside the hierarchy. Especially when someone plans to end up with the right grouping of components I can understand doing them out of order for several reasons. For instance if the cartridge is wearing out and a new one is needed it can make more sense to upgrade the cartridge before the arm. I had a few customers who upgraded a worn out Arkiv or Akiva to a Kandid before upgrading to an Ekos SE. But they did all eventually go to the Ekos SE as well and were quite surprised at the further improvement it made. Also the Krystal/Entity doesn't require a full rebuild whereas the Keel does.

It is also interesting to note that we would now certainly recommend anybody to upgrade a Lingo to a Radikal before upgrading from even the Majik arm to an Ekos SE or Akito3. But before the Radikal the Lingo was the best there was and it still sounded quite good with the Ekos 2 and Akiva. So it is not that the Krystal and Entity won't provide a performance boost in your system that you will quite enjoy, it is just that the Keel will provide a more fundamental and larger perfromance boost. You pays your money and you makes your choice!
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

Source First ... I agree with all of you ... (beside the fact, that I recommend Entity, before source upgrade, several times) ...
But, what about the rest of the chain. LP12 is piece of art by itself (in whatever form K, A or M) and upgrades usually go in direction of K. If so, than logical will be upgrades to go in direction of SINGularity, S & T Mono and e.t.c.

So, synergy of chain, as I understand, have to be from A to Z.

Just saying :)
Music First ...
Vlado
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Well, the Entity is burning in and sounding great. However, the new tonearm cables are taking awhile to settle in...which I completely forgot about until yesterday. According to Thomas, they will take approximately 150 hours of actual playing time. But it's all good!

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
Freddy

Post by Freddy »

Have had Entity for a couple of weeks now. What can I say, its a fantastic Riia stage. It does what you can expect from a Lejonklou product. It puts music in front. Been very busy playing LP:s, its like experience every record again with new insight. I think I see the end of upgrading my lp12. I will not go all the way and do the arm upgrade to Ekos SE but will be happy with Ekos 2. I might do upgrade to Krystal later but I'm actually very happy with what I have now. I have upgraded from Adikt and Kairn (used as Riia). The rest of system is Sagatun, Tundra stereo and M140 speaker. I have never heard my system so good as it is now. Well it might also have something to do with Fredrik tweaking and torque my LP12 correctly. I'm so grateful he took time to do that. I highly recommend Entity, it looks small but it is big! :)
David Neel
Very active member
Very active member

Post by David Neel »

I'm starting to doubt the law of diminishing returns. As my system reaches peak LP12/Lejonklou - only SE to SE/1 (hopefully soon) and ARad to KRad left to go - the difference Entity makes over Urika 1 is difficult to overstate. After eight weeks, it just SINGS! The additional resolution, dynamics and musicality make some of my old analogue orchestral pressings (Mravinsky, Klemperer, Boult, Barbirolli, etc) sound almost frighteningly real - and good digital recordings are close behind.
The search for knowledge is not nourished by certainty, but by a radical distrust in certainty
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

David Neel wrote: 2020-02-14 21:18I'm starting to doubt the law of diminishing returns.
Same here, although it might depend on the component and how it matches with a system overall. In my experiences things like turntable power supplies, tonearms, cartridges and phono preamps have always been a worthwhile improvement. But if the rest of the system wasn't of similar caliber or quality, those improvements weren't as noticeable, especially for the increased money.

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
Efraim roots
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Efraim roots »

I have used Linn Uphorik with the black mogami ekos SE XLR T-Kable as recommended by the designer of Uphorik. I have used Uphorik almost since it came out and loved it year after year. XLR T-Kable was a very nice feature and sounded great as replacement for my original grey ekos SE t-kable which started to humm a few years ago.

Now I changed to a brand new grey Akito T-Kable and Lejonklou Entity! Also with brand new signal cables from entity to Boazu and had it up and running almost 4 weeks now. It feels rather stable now but it's certainly has been ups and downs on the way, From sounding over ripe to unripe and now just sounds ripe :) I guess a lot of these effects also come from the new cables. However I very happy with sound the new configuration! Entity make music so expansive, nuanced, emotional and alive! Very engaging but also very harmonious. Just so right musically and a fabulous sound too. I couldn't be happier. It has taken my system to a new level and I had lots of joy and dancing already. Really exceptional!
the players of instruments shall be there..
Ron The Mon
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ron The Mon »

Efraim roots wrote: 2020-02-18 23:35 I very happy with sound the new configuration! Entity make music so expansive, nuanced, emotional and alive! Very engaging but also very harmonious. Just so right musically and a fabulous sound too. I couldn't be happier. It has taken my system to a new level and I had lots of joy and dancing already. Really exceptional!
Efraim roots,
You have correctly and fabulously expressed six verbs describing Entity. I need a better thesaurus.

Ron The Mon
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

after Ron raving soo much about the Entity one is now on the way to me ;) can‘t wait I already have a big smile in my face

@Fredrik: there was a nice coincidence which brought me in touch with Alex from Concerto Audio he is a wonderfull person and enthusiastic about your products - thats the right people you want as a dealer.

Thats why I didnt buy in Germany ... well wait a minute the Entity comes as a demo ... however its very unlikely it goes back. ;)
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

Efraim roots wrote: 2020-02-18 23:35 I have used Linn Uphorik with the black mogami ekos SE XLR T-Kable as recommended by the designer of Uphorik. I have used Uphorik almost since it came out and loved it year after year. XLR T-Kable was a very nice feature and sounded great as replacement for my original grey ekos SE t-kable which started to humm a few years ago.

Now I changed to a brand new grey Akito T-Kable and Lejonklou Entity! Also with brand new signal cables from entity to Boazu and had it up and running almost 4 weeks now. It feels rather stable now but it's certainly has been ups and downs on the way, From sounding over ripe to unripe and now just sounds ripe :) I guess a lot of these effects also come from the new cables. However I very happy with sound the new configuration! Entity make music so expansive, nuanced, emotional and alive! Very engaging but also very harmonious. Just so right musically and a fabulous sound too. I couldn't be happier. It has taken my system to a new level and I had lots of joy and dancing already. Really exceptional!
The XLR black t-kable is awful
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Defender wrote: 2020-04-20 12:25 after Ron raving soo much about the Entity one is now on the way to me ;) can‘t wait I already have a big smile in my face

@Fredrik: there was a nice coincidence which brought me in touch with Alex from Concerto Audio he is a wonderfull person and enthusiastic about your products - thats the right people you want as a dealer.
How exciting Defender!

I'm really looking forward to your impressions!
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

If all runs well Xmas is tomorrow because Entity is supposed to arrive ... only one night to go :)
David Neel
Very active member
Very active member

Post by David Neel »

Congratulations! You are in for a treat...
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

the Entity is up and running - you can imagine my face when all was connected and no sound came out of my loudspeakers ... well even the Entity needs the power amp to be switched on to make some fine music coming out of the loudspeakers.

Yes its much louder than the Linto.

have a big smile in my face now ;)

... its soo tiny! 😀 kind of reminds me of David and Goliath