Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Re: EVENTS

Post by lejonklou »

Defender wrote: 2020-01-02 19:56 Hi Fredrik,
would you like to share more information on your lecture: 'Focus your listening to the fifth level‘ if possible?
Hi Defender!

I intend to hold this again at Norddeutsche HiFi-Tage in Hamburg in February. Either someone will record it, I will do so myself later (I have this list of videos that I'd like to record but for some reason it never rises to the top of my list) or I will write it down.
maffe
Very active member
Very active member

Post by maffe »

Would have been a nice trip to Hamburg, unfortunately it collide with a project start at work that’s my “baby”.
Do you have any event planned in Gothenburg?
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

maffe wrote: 2020-01-03 14:43 Would have been a nice trip to Hamburg, unfortunately it collide with a project start at work that’s my “baby”.
Do you have any event planned in Gothenburg?
Yes! But no date has been set yet.
maffe
Very active member
Very active member

Post by maffe »

lejonklou wrote: 2020-01-03 15:31 Yes! But no date has been set yet.
Excellent!
Something to look forward to then :)
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

EVENTS: Hamburg Hifishow 1st and 2nd of February

Post by mrco99 »

Dear friends,

Happy to announce we will again be present at the Hamburg hifishow which is being held at the weekend of 1st & 2nd of February.

Location is the Holiday-Inn Hotel Elbbrucken - adress: Billwerder Neuer Deich 14, 20539 Hamburg.
01. Februar 2020: 10-18 hrs
02. Februar 2020: 10-16 hrs

Fredrik will be holding his lecture "Focus your listening to the fifth level" and we will be demoing the new Entity MC phonostage - plus an improved version of the MM phonostage, Slipsik 7.1

Naturally we will use full mono Sagatun and Tundra amplifiers, Harmonihyllan racks, and Linn LP12 on NOKTables.
Speakers will be Klangedang T1 V6 (latest version) and Graham Audio LS5/9F floorstanders.

Further details about the show can be found at www.hifitage.de

Looking forward to meet you in room 347!

Marco & Fredrik
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tendaberry »

Great! I will definitively be there, I can bring a few original US-Lp's :-)
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

Slipsik 7.1? I this a typo or again something learned with the Entity finding its way into the Slipsik?
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

I like to take the four-hour trip to Hamburg. After everything I've read about Fredrik's products so far, I finally want hear them to get an idea.
Trust your ears
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Thanks for your reactions so far!

Great to meet up again Tendaberry and you're most welcome to bring again some great examples of your record collection.

Really looking forward to see you too Hermann and thank you for taking the effort to join us and have a listen to our setup. I know too well what you mean as it's an 4.5-5hour drive from Amsterdam to Hamburg we're putting in some mileage too ;-)

Regarding Slipsik 7.1, well that's certainly no typo but Fredrik is the one who should be telling you something more about it - to be honest I didn't see this coming too.....
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

Hello Marco,
thank you for the kind words. Looking forward to see you & Fredrik.
My expectation is of course quite high when all that I've read counts.

Too much music I would like to hear there but don't like to carry vinyl around. Will see..
Trust your ears
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tendaberry »

I'm seriously thinking about replacing my Urika 1, so I'm really looking forward to hearing the Entity. Last year your stand was easily the best of all and everything else sounded pretty boring after hearing the SINGularity.
Hopefully the new Grahams are better than the ones last year, which I though held back the performance a bit.
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Tendaberry wrote: 2020-01-16 13:51 I'm seriously thinking about replacing my Urika 1, so I'm really looking forward to hearing the Entity. Last year your stand was easily the best of all and everything else sounded pretty boring after hearing the SINGularity.
Hello Tendaberry,

I too have heard the SINGularity (although not in my system), and was curious about how the Entity would sound in comparison. However, the Entity is a real performer in my system. I just had an Entity installed last Sunday, and will listen more this weekend after a few days of warming up. But so far out of the box, it truley is a major improvement over the Urika in many ways.

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Re: EVENTS 15th March 2020, UK

Post by sunbeamgls »

I'm not yet sure exactly (Exaktly?) how many there will be, but there will be Tundra Stereo 2.5s playing at:

The Hifi Wigwam Show
Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre
Packington Hill, Kegworth, Derby DE74 2DF
15th March from 10:00am
Tickets on the door

https://www.thehifishow.com/

This is an all enthusiast show, no commercial rooms. 45+ systems to listen to, of all varieties. Exhibitors are playing their own systems for other enthusiasts to enjoy.

I'll be running Akurate Exakt Katalyst into stereo Tundras and some speakers which are TBA. So at least 2x Tundras, possibly 3.

Hope to see some of you there.
KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Re: EVENTS 15th March 2020, UK

Post by sunbeamgls »

sunbeamgls wrote: 2020-01-23 16:38 I'm not yet sure exactly (Exaktly?) how many there will be, but there will be Tundra Stereo 2.5s playing at:

The Hifi Wigwam Show
Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre
Packington Hill, Kegworth, Derby DE74 2DF
15th March from 10:00am
Tickets on the door

https://www.thehifishow.com/

This is an all enthusiast show, no commercial rooms. 45+ systems to listen to, of all varieties. Exhibitors are playing their own systems for other enthusiasts to enjoy.

I'll be running Akurate Exakt Katalyst into stereo Tundras and some speakers which are TBA. So at least 2x Tundras, possibly 3.

Hope to see some of you there.
The speaker choice has been resolved.

This will be the first opportunity anywhere to hear Graham Audio LS 5/9 (modified) with Linn Exakt.

2x Tundra Stereo 2.5s will be providing the oomph.
KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Re: EVENTS - Lejonklou HiFi at Axpona 2020 postponed - see page 10

Post by ThomasOK »

We are happy to announce that Nokturne Audio and Lejonklou HiFi will be displaying during the Axpona Audio Expo 2020 at the Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel & Convention Center in Schaumburg, IL (a suburb of Chicago) Friday April 17th through Sunday April 19th. I am pleased to add that Fredrik Lejonklou will be with us for the show (although having to depart early Sunday) and will be presenting his talk "Focus your listening to the fifth level" several times during the show.

This will be the first US public showing of the new Entity MC phono stage, and the SINGularity 1.1 MC phono stages will be on display beside it. To further represent the fine Lejonklou HiFi phono stages we will have the recently updated Slipsik 7.1 and Gaio 2.4 available for audition as well.

As always we will be trying to put together an exceedingly musical room. Last year the room was very well received and reviewed, so we won't be messing too much with success. Plus we are in the same room this year so we already know how to set it up.

This is the equipment list:

Linn Sondek LP12/Harban movingui plinth/Karousel/Klimax Radikal/Keel/Trampolin 2/Ekos SE1/Kandid/Grey T.Kable
Linn Sondek LP12/refinished Linn rosewood plinth/Lingo 4/Kore/Trampolin 2/Ekos 2/Adikt/Grey T.Kable
Lejonklou SINGularity 1.1 mono block MC phono stages
Lejonklou Entity MC phono stage
Lejonklou Slipsik 7.1 MM phono stage
Lejonklou Gaio 2.4 MM phono stage
Lejonklou Sagatun Mono v1.4 preamplifiers
Lejonklou Tundra Mono v2.2 power amplifiers
Quad ESL speakers (also known as ESL57s) rebuilt by Sheldon Stokes and ThomasOK
OFIL X644 speaker stands modified for Quads
NOKTable turntable stands
Harmoni audio racks with Mimer top shelves, Tor 2nd and 3rd shelves and Reference bottoms
Linn Sliver interconnect and black K200 signal cabling, new Lejonklou AC cables

While we're not making big changes, there are a couple of improvements that should create an even more engaging and musical environment. First off we have the 1.1 version of the SINGularity which is even more musical than the original. Also last year we used a 61 year old pair of Quad ELS speakers that were stock except for updated, more reliable diodes in the power supply. This year we will be using a pair of Quad ESL that were manufactured about 20 years later, in 1978. This pair has been fully refurbished with all the panels rebuilt to original specs by Sheldon Stokes and the crossovers rebuilt by me with precisely matched and oriented components. All internal wiring and crossover components have also been properly oriented. They sound significantly better than the already fine 61 year old pair.

We will be in the same room as last year - 1422. The show hours are:
Friday April 17th 10:00AM through 6:00PM
Saturday April 18th 10:00AM through 6:00PM
Sunday April 19th 10:00AM through 4:00PM

Here is a link to the main page for the show:
http://www.axpona.com/

We look forward to seeing any of you who might be able to visit!
Last edited by ThomasOK on 2020-03-10 16:35, edited 2 times in total.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Thomas,

Is that Ron the Mon's rosewood LP12 you'll have, in addition to your movingui LP12?
Tony Tune-age
Ron The Mon
Very active member
Very active member

Rosewood LP12s

Post by Ron The Mon »

Tony Tune-age wrote: 2020-01-29 19:45 Is that Ron the Mon's rosewood LP12 you'll have, in addition to your movingui LP12?
Tony,
No. First, my LP12 is Radikalized. Second, my original Linn rosewood plinth was completely rebuilt and refinished by Chris Harbin with his ebony blocks and support braces and finish.

To be clear, my LP12 sounds far better than what Dr. Tom will be demonstrating. He will admit that.

Tom's rosewood LP12 plinth is within a few months manufacture of mine. It doesn't look anything like mine, so may not even be from the same tree.

Unless previous events prove an exception, Tom (or Frederik) probably won't even play that rosewood LP12. Very few audiophiles will want to hear a MM phono stage when afforded the chance to hear the Entity, let alone SINGularity.

Ron The Mon
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Ron The Mon wrote: 2020-01-29 23:13 Unless previous events prove an exception, Tom (or Frederik) probably won't even play that rosewood LP12. Very few audiophiles will want to hear a MM phono stage when afforded the chance to hear the Entity, let alone SINGularity.
I promise you Ron, we will be playing on Slipsik 7.1 and also most likely the new Gaio 2.4.

We like to do comparisons and these are four excellent steps to show how the musical experience can be elevated.
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

I didn't think Thomas or Fredrick would go through the effort of having two LP12's at the show, and only play one. Besides any well calibrated LP12 with a MM cartridge will sound good with the Slipsik!

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

Unfortunately I cannot go to Hamburg for health reasons. I am very sorry because I am of course curious about the setup.

But maybe a trip to Amsterdam to Hexagon Audio in the near future. If there is a retail store ...

Wish you all good luck and of course good music.
Trust your ears
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Tony Tune-age wrote: 2020-01-29 19:45 Thomas,

Is that Ron the Mon's rosewood LP12 you'll have, in addition to your movingui LP12?
Yes, as Ron stated I will not be using his LP12. The rosewood LP12 I will be using is my own second turntable which I put together so that I could demonstrate the Slipsik and Gaio phono stages. It is a Linn rosewood plinth and I would be VERY highly surprised if the wood was from the same tree even if they were built on the same day. It did not have the full Chris Harban rebuild (nor the 18 month wait that entailed) as the plinth was solid it just needed a refinish. So I conversed with Chris for advice on the sanding and finishing and used the same wiping varnish he uses on his plinths. The result is quite beautiful, I'll make sure to get a decent photo at the show. As Ron loves to point out, his LP12 with Radikal/Cirkus subchassis/Basik LV-X and AT VM95x is more musical than my unit with a Kore/Ekos2 and Adikt due to it having a Lingo 4. Since I don't use this LP12 that much I haven't justified upgrading it to a Radikal so far. But since I am mainly listening to the above referenced Linn LP12/Harban movingui plinth/Klimax Radikal/Keel/Trampolin 2/Ekos SE1/Kandid/Grey T.Kable through the Lejonklou SINGularity 1.1 mono block MC phono stage pair I don't feel too bad about Ron beating my second LP12. ;-)

But if he keeps it up I might just upgrade it too!

Actually I checked over a year ago into the possibility of getting a Radikal motor, power switch and sensor board so that I could fit them to the rosewood LP12 and switch the power supply. Since mine is the Klimax Radikal unit and I wouldn't be using both turntables at the same time this made sense to me. But Linn refused to sell them to me so that killed that idea. In the end it wouldn't make a lot of sense to buy them that way as the parts don't really appear to wear out and it would be hard to sell them on later without the power supply.
The LP12 Whisperer
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Tony Tune-age wrote: 2020-01-30 00:00 I didn't think Thomas or Fredrick would go through the effort of having two LP12's at the show, and only play one. Besides any well calibrated LP12 with a MM cartridge will sound good with the Slipsik!

Cheers
indeed!
The LP12 Whisperer
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

I wish Fredrik and Marco all the best for the show. Unfortunately I am too far away - maybe I can make it next year. I hope someone can make a recording of your lecture.

@Tendaberry: since you like your US pressings ... what do you think about Japanease pressings in general (was unlucky with some of the US pressings I got ... no good quality)
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Thanks all for your best wishes!

Fredrik will give his lecture "Focus your listening to the fifth level" at the following times:

Saturday:
11.00 hrs
13.00 hrs
15.00 hrs
17.00 hrs

Sunday:
11.00 hrs
13.00 hrs
15.00 hrs

In between we play music from our LP12s with the Entity MC and a new version of Gaio - which I just heard briefly today and I'm certain it will be quite a surprise for those who attend to the show...

The room is rather small so easily crowded with only 8 seats available - sorry we don't make reservations :-) but are very happy to see and meet you.

We play on Saturday with Klangedang T1 v6 and on Sunday with the Graham Audio LS5/9f floorstanders.
Amplification Lejonklou Sagatun & Tundra Mono series.

@Defender - sorry to hear you can not make it, but yes we do intend to be present again next year.
It will again be in Hamburg but on a different location, to be announced at a later time.

@Hermann - get well soon! Should you visit Amsterdam at some time then enjoy the great inner city and visit our Lejonklou/Linn/Graham Audio dealer Concerto Audio.
See here for more information:
https://www.linn.amsterdam/
If you want to hear a particular combination it is advisable to make an appointment in advance so they can reserve some time for you and setup the desired combination.

But first things first:
Looking forward to meet you this weekend at the Hamburg hifi show!

Marco & Fredrik
Last edited by mrco99 on 2020-02-01 20:41, edited 1 time in total.
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

To all of you ... have a great time, post great photos and clips here and enjoy ... :)
mrco99 wrote: 2020-01-31 22:41 Thanks all for your best wishes!

Fredrik will give his lecture "Focus your hearing to the fifth level" at the following times:

Saturday:
11.00 hrs
13.00 hrs
15.00 hrs
17.00 hrs

Sunday:
11.00 hrs
13.00 hrs
15.00 hrs

In between we play music from our LP12s with the Entity MC and a new version of Gaio - which I just heard briefly today and I'm certain it will be quite a surprise for those who attend to the show...

The room is rather small so easily crowded with only 8 seats available - sorry we don't make reservations :-) but are very happy to see and meet you.

We play on Saturday with Klangedang T1 v6 and on Sunday with the Graham Audio LS5/9f floorstanders.
Amplification Lejonklou Sagatun & Tundra Mono series.

@Defender - sorry to hear you can not make it, but yes we do intend to be present again next year.
It will again be in Hamburg but on a different location, to be announced at a later time.

@Hermann - get well soon! Should you visit Amsterdam at some time then enjoy the great inner city and visit our Lejonklou/Linn/Graham Audio dealer Concerto Audio.
See here for more information:
https://www.linn.amsterdam/
If you want to hear a particular combination it is advisable to make an appointment in advance so they can reserve some time for you and setup the desired combination.

But first things first:
Looking forward to meet you this weekend at the Hamburg hifi show!

Marco & Fredrik
Music First ...
Vlado