Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Entity MC

Post by Tony Tune-age »

ThomasOK wrote: 2019-12-18 17:49
Tony Tune-age wrote: 2019-12-18 16:58
ThomasOK wrote: 2019-12-17 19:13

The US price for Lejonklou Entity is $2695.00 and my initial three units should be on the way to me today or tomorrow. The Canadian price is $3495.00.
Is one of those three units slated for me?
If you want it to be it certainly can be.
I do...
Tony Tune-age
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Hey, Fredrik! It appears I'm going to need more Entities sooner rather than later.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

I'd be very interested to hear a repeat of the comparison between the store demo walnut LP12 and your movingui plinthed deck again, but with an Entity...
That said, I have to admit: my CFO, and bank balance, are hoping that the first 3 production Entity MCs in North America are already spoken for... ;)
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Same here - I ordered 3 Entities for the UK but they sold out even before I received my first units....
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

tokenbrit wrote: 2019-12-18 21:33 I'd be very interested to hear a repeat of the comparison between the store demo walnut LP12 and your movingui plinthed deck again, but with an Entity...
That said, I have to admit: my CFO, and bank balance, are hoping that the first 3 production Entity MCs in North America are already spoken for... ;)
I do have plans to perform that comparison. And I'd say it is a pretty safe bet the first 3 are indeed already taken.
The LP12 Whisperer
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

Shame, but gives me more time to save... Looking fwd to the comparison.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

tokenbrit wrote: 2019-12-18 23:43 Shame, but gives me more time to save... Looking fwd to the comparison.
I am hustling to see how soon I can get another batch!
The LP12 Whisperer
David Neel
Very active member
Very active member

Post by David Neel »

The Entity arrived yesterday, and my Linn dealer removed my Urika and fitted a t-cable. We had a quick listen, allowing for the fact that it was brand new. Summary: timing and dynamics were a bit soft, detail seemed good. (Quick digression: prior to connecting Entity, we tried both grey and black t-cables into a Uphorik; contrary to forum wisdom, I thought the black was more musical.)

Back home, I observed less drive than Urika, but more nuance. Timing was poor. I left it powered on overnight, tried it again this morning to see if it had changed. It had. It was worse, the timing was stilted and leaden, almost unlistenable, and tension and momentum were notable by absence.

I spent today 5rhythms dancing, to celebrate the winter solstice. Great day... took my mind off the Entity.

When I got home, I put on some music... and wow, what's happened?! Long story short, I've been listening happily since I got home. The nuance has improved a bit. The timing and dynamics have improved a LOT. As it is performing right now, it doesn't just beat the Urika, it blows it out of the water on nuance, dynamics, timbre and musicality. Piano has never sounded so real. I have just frightened myself (and probably the neighbours) with Muti's Rite of Spring - and I had to listen to it all the way through...

Congratulations to Fredrik, and thanks to John and Marco for getting me onto the first batch.

Offers invited for the Urika.
The search for knowledge is not nourished by certainty, but by a radical distrust in certainty
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Great to hear - glad you’re enjoying it so much!
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Thanks for sharing your first listening impressions.

Good to know that Entity should be granted some time to come on song, and curious whether it may develop itself even a bit more before it settles.

Yes, a big thanks should go to Fredrik who has been working 12h shifts a day lately to tune and optimise Entity to perfection.

I'll be migrating to an Akiva next week which is going to replace my Adikt so will have to wait to hear Entity myself.

Happy listening and a joyous 🎄
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

David,

Thank you very much for sharing your first and ... impressions about new product ... Happy Holidays and enjoyment will be even bigger with Entity MC.

Congratulation and thanks Fredrik for make a Masterpiece.

Happy holidays to all off you, enjoy with your family, friends and music your soul food ... :)
Music First ...
Vlado
HIDDENSYSTEMS

Post by HIDDENSYSTEMS »

Hi all,

Just a quick review. Marco sent us two, 008 and 009 that arrived Friday. Reviewing equipment not fully run is always a risk.

008 was left overnight Friday to Saturday and with a busy day in retail, yes a new Naim dealer, I hooked up a system to understand what Fredrik has been up to.

The system was a latest spec Linn LP12, Akurate level with Lingo4, Kore, Akito 3B, Krystal, sliver T-Kable. £7k

Amplifier the new Rega Aethos Integrated that I love £3k
Speakers, the new Totem Acoustics Sky Lights £1.1k using old K200. These speakers are brilliant.

I tested Entity vs Rega Aura vs Uphorik/1

It was to be A, B, C then had to do a D as realised the loading switch was out by one.

To my ears the Entity is very foot tapping, it has lots of drive and fun, quite similar to a Boazu if you have ever heard one. A large soundstage, tonally slightly bright with a powerful mid range. I think it needs another 30/50 hours of playing but already with classical it's amazing improving all the time.

I think I preferred the Rega Aura myself but at a pound under £4k should be better. It's a huge weighty and the Entity felt almost lonely next to it with Slipsik7 underneath turned off. Entity seems to be getting better the more I use. The Uphorik was totally different, quite soft and refined but even though the dip switches were set as per docs.linn.co.uk it was quieter so a volume knob tweak on the Aethos dreadful pot scale. Again the fairly recent Uphorik/1 hasn't clocked up many hours.

With a Rega Aria and Naim's Stageline to play and compare vs. Urika 1 and 2 - more kit, more options than time allows. Taken home a Naim XS 3 with onboard MM to play over Christmas but very tempted to MC my home deck.

Well done Fredrik for making something you said was virtually impossible to make without picking up local taxi CB radio which it hasn't done and at £1500 UK I think it with be a success.

Happy holidays
IMG_6939.jpg
IMG_6914.jpg[/attachment [attachment=0]IMG_6958.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.hiddensystems.co.uk
Lejonklou | Linn | Naim | Devialet | Rega | Totem | |Kudos
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

thank you for all those first reports - however I never managed to be able to „hear through“ run in of a product to make my mind up before its really run in - thats why I think serious comparisons to other products should be done when those (all products involved) have at least 150-200hours ... better 400h playtime on them.
Not sure if just powering them up without a signal running through does the same.

So I am pretty sure the Aura might need to stretch if the Entity switches to higher gears after warming up the tires ;)
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Hiddensystems, approximately how many hours did it take for the Entity to finally settle down?

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
HIDDENSYSTEMS

Post by HIDDENSYSTEMS »

It hasn’t yet. Discussed burn in time with Naim today - they said 300hours for their amps. I know Linn 3k speaker array takes many hours and many Linn dealers that didn’t like their speakers judged them too early. Kudos Titan also seem bright to my ears initially which change. It goes to show that any new product is often judged too early. Buying it and hearing it burn in is all part of the fun? Fredrik???
http://www.hiddensystems.co.uk
Lejonklou | Linn | Naim | Devialet | Rega | Totem | |Kudos
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

I have never been troubled by burn-in phenomenons and mainly regard them as exciting and mysterious.

I'm aware of a few details of what happens when products are first powered on and then stabilize, but why they result in these often weird effects on the music is strange.

So Yes, let's view it as part of the fun!
HernyB

Post by HernyB »

Hello!
Are there anymore listening experiences with the new Entity? I am checking this thread three times a day because i am so curious about it!
Thank you!
LP12, Keel, ARad.2, Ekos SE/1, Krystal, Blue 42, Icon 4 Pro, Pass Labs XA25, Tannoy Stirling SE
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

I do too HernyB!

The units sent to North America arrived in Michigan yesterday. So someone over there will soon have an Entity in their hands.
Bemopti123

Post by Bemopti123 »

I am anxious to hear some feedback about the Entity. Since I have a Lehman Audio Silver Cube, I would love to hear from someone who will have experienced the Entity first hand.
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

lejonklou wrote: 2019-12-28 12:27 The units sent to North America arrived in Michigan yesterday. So someone over there will soon have an Entity in their hands.
That's good news, and perhaps one of those units will go to me.

Chow for now...
Tony Tune-age
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

I received my first batch of Entity on Friday morning (hopefully to be soon followed by my second batch as that batch is mostly sold out too - and yes, one of the first batch is for you Tony). I plugged it into power when I got home but was unable to listen to it as my second refrigerator in the basement, being used only as a freezer, was sounding like it wanted to blow up! This lead to a radical clean out of the upstairs freezer section and a significant dumping of things that had been around too long to accommodate the consolidation.

Saturday night, being the end of my work week, ended with a nice dinner out and some rest, but still no listening. But Sunday I started playing records right away and kept things playing all day and night (partly the lead-out groove) and most of yesterday as well. The first thing I put on was A Charlie Brown Christmas and it was quite enjoyable. Fredrik had mentioned to me that he couldn't stop dancing to records played through the final prototype. This thought came back to me as I found myself forced to dance to Linus and Lucy, Bella even helped in true Snoopy tradition. (You can count on never seeing a video of this, but here is a video from the TV show.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00gXEn1ehDg

(This is the first time I noticed that the same girl in a purple dress is dancing in two places on the stage in exactly opposite motions!)

So I would call the Entity exuberant! It really engages you with the music and does indeed have some of the musicality of its much bigger brother. On the other hand, switching from Entity back to SINGularity just made me laugh. SINGularity just gets SO MUCH music out of the system it is unparalleled. What sounds like an excellent Frank Sinatra recording on the Entity just sounds like Frank Sinatra through the SINGularity pair. Of course, at over 15 times the price you would hope they are more musical, but they still astound me every time I listen to them.

I also received a call yesterday from my first dealer to get an Entity. He received it yesterday and had just started to listen to it. This dealer has tended to transformers with MM phono stages previously and is a big fan of the Slipsik 7 with a transformer. He informed me he was surprised to hear more note color and delineation through the Entity than through a really expensive transformer and the Slipsik 7 - he wasn't expecting that. He was also rather surprised that Entity was under $3000 as he rates it up there with the best phono stages and transformer/phono stage combos he has sold in the $12,000 to $13,000 range. All this with almost no burn in time. I was told that I am unlikely to get the evaluation unit back. ;-) There is no question in my mind Fredrik has another winner on his hands!
The LP12 Whisperer
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Thanks for the updated information Thomas, it's much appreciated. I'm really looking forward to learning more first hand. And after hearing the SINGularities, it will be interesting to see how the Entity performs in comparison.

It's a good thing I don't have a mono stereo system, because things could get crazy expensive!!!

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

ThomasOK wrote: 2019-12-31 18:55 There is no question in my mind Fredrik has another winner on his hands!
Thank you for adding some substance & sustenance to the chow... It's impressive that the Entity shares distant(?) familial characteristics with SINGularity. It'll be interesting to hear comparison against more down to (flat) earth opposition, such as Urika and Upho[r|n]ik, if not thoughts compared to Linto. A good year ahead, by the sounds... Wishing you, Fredrik, and all here a prosperous New Year so that we can afford all the upgrades that the Lejonklou line brings/has brung :)
David Neel
Very active member
Very active member

Post by David Neel »

I'm feeling some sadness for ThomasOK. I mean, imagine plugging in Entity to discover you've got a DOWNgrade :)

I conducted no rigorous comparisons, and have heard no other phono stages apart from Linn. I've used a Urika for about five years and was very happy with the improvement over the MC board in the AK/1 I then had. I heard my deck with the Urika at the Linn dealer before we removed it, then (very briefly) my deck with a t-cable into Uphorik, then (equally briefly) with a t-cable into Entity. I've already related the first 24 hours of disappointment, but I have no need or desire to go back and compare further. Entity is a very considerable musical improvement. It is staying.

And yes, a very happy and prosperous New Year to all. May we all get the Lejonklou kit we desire!
The search for knowledge is not nourished by certainty, but by a radical distrust in certainty