Shipping used Lejonklou Equipment in UK

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

Peter Lanky

Shipping used Lejonklou Equipment in UK

Post by Peter Lanky »

I guess the question of how to ship hifi has raised it's head before, but I can't find an answer.

Any Lejonklou kit I have owned has a box that is 48cm square, but Royal Mail Special Delivery has a maximum size of it's second side of 46cm, and it seems there is no flexibility on this despite being well within the maximum volume.

One answer of course is to alter one side of the box by 2cm, which would not cause any loss of integrity of the box, but would spoil it for those for whom the box is important.

So my question is, who has been able to find a reliable and reasonable (i.e not Parcel Force prices) courier for shipping Lenjonklou boxes with these dimensions?
KDS/3 - 2 x Tundra Mono - Graham Audio LS5/9f
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Shipping used Lejonklou Equipment in UK

Post by sunbeamgls »

Try interparcel.com, they'll give you plenty of choices.

However, size is not really the issue, getting adequate insurance is usually the problem. I find UPS will provide adequate insurance, at a fairly steep price.
KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.
Peter Lanky

Post by Peter Lanky »

I'm sure somebody must have actually sent a Lejonklou 48" square box by courier. Who was it and how much?
Flatcoat

Post by Flatcoat »

I have received the Tundra in a modified box which I was very happy with. Sending via RM Special Delivery is a big advantage as you can insure the contents up to £2500 for a cost of £30.

Sending a non modified box via Parcelforce or DPD, and with the same insurance would cost over £120.

Another method I have used is to send the Tundra in a box that can go via Special Delivery (Oppo box) and send the empty Tundra box separately, and then get the person you are sending the Tundra to post the 'Oppo' box back. That works out at £50 in total.
Peter Lanky

Post by Peter Lanky »

I agree there is such a massive advantage to using RM Special Delivery. I am now thinking of trying to find a box where the original would fit inside. It's such a pity that RM isn't a little more flexible in it's size limits.