Lejonklou Demo in nyc

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

Zee9

Lejonklou Demo in nyc

Post by Zee9 »

How does one go about hearing the lejonklou gear in nyc. I saw that sound by singer carries the brand but when I check their website there is no mention of lejonklou.

Regards

Zee
LR: LP12/Selekt/Tundra 2.5/kabers
BR: WiiM/Tundra 2.2/Kan II
Studio: Genki/Kairn/5105/Kabers+RelT7i
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Lejonklou Demo in nyc

Post by lejonklou »

Good question, Zee9.

I know that Sound by Singer had a Boazu on demo, and possibly something else. If they don't show on his website, however, he might have sold the demo units. If you happen to walk by, please stop and ask him!

In any case, I'll ask Thomas O'Keefe to look into this when he returns on Tuesday next week. The Dealer listing on my website should reflect where you can actually get a demo.
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

I was thinking about visiting that store when I heard they had a Boazu on demo and also stocked Spendors (& Harbeths) - at the time I was interested in hearing the Spendor D9s with Lejonklou electronics. The store is by appointment so I sent an e-mail enquiry... The response was something to the effect that I had to be serious about buying for them to agree to demo... and I decided to take my business elsewhere. Hope you have better luck.
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

Fredrik,
in the case you would like to change your NYC dealer there is one which operates according to the Source First principle: Rhapsody Audio.
I know this from forum posts of the owner of the store. It is a store by appointment only like Sound by Singer.

Matt
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

matthias wrote: 2019-08-19 09:32in the case you would like to change your NYC dealer there is one which operates according to the Source First principle: Rhapsody Audio.
I know this from forum posts of the owner of the store. It is a store by appointment only like Sound by Singer.
Thank you Matthias!
Zee9

Post by Zee9 »

I had a similar idea like Mathias but I don’t know that store. I also am super intrigued to first hear lejonklou equipment before I present my idea.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Sound by Singer did have a Boazu on display, but it looks like that is no longer the case. I had hoped to try and re-engage him with some of the other products but this year has been one of several personal struggles (including two operations - the first I have had in 59 years) that have reduced my ability to put as much time as I would like into the business. However, it looks like these things are all clearing (knock on wood) and I am working on expanding things over here. The Axpona show in April, where Fredrik and I introduced the production SINGularity, was effective in getting the name more known and I signed up two new enthusiastic dealers, in part due to that exposure. One of those dealers already has made his first sale of Lejonklou gear and the other is close to placing an order as well. Hopefully more dealers who really get the product will sign on and we will get better coverage in North America.

I am always open to suggestions as to dealers anyone here thinks are the right type of store. As anybody in the industry knows it isn't easy to break in a relatively new brand. Many dealers are pretty set with the brands they have and aren't interested in another brand regardless of its merits, even if they are good dealers. Others are only in it for the money and want to sell the gear with the highest profit, highest price and flashiest look and sound. For those dealers the last thing they want is a simple, physically unassuming (read no bling) piece of equipment that musically outperforms gear they have that is four or five times the price. So the dealers who are going to be interested are those who haven't become jaded and still get joy from making the best musical experience for their customers. There aren't as many of them as I would like but I am trying to search them out.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Zee9

Post by Zee9 »

Any updates on a demo possibility?
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

You have a PM.
The LP12 Whisperer
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

Some guys I've met via avforums.com and Facebook have just got a boazu to try after demming numerous other amps from various manufacturers. Fingers crossed that it hits the sweetspot for them.
ADS3/SagMono/Tundra 2.2- . Totem Tribe Tower.
Lejonklou demos available in the N of England.
Zee9

Post by Zee9 »

Ozzy,

Any idea how I can reach out to them or any idea wheee these amps are?
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Zee9 wrote: 2019-10-04 14:10 Ozzy,

Any idea how I can reach out to them or any idea wheee these amps are?
Hi Zee9, he (or they, although I didn't know it was a group) bought the Boazu with a 15 day trial. He is in Sn Jose, CA so it would be a bit of a hike for you. Unfortunately, he wasn't completely happy with the Boazu as he was hoping for a bit more "power and resolution in some areas", so it is on the way back. You are certainly welcome to visit the Detroit area where I can demonstrate several of the units both at my house and at Overture Audio where I work full time. Also Don Better Audio in Shaker Heights, OH (near Cleveland) has the Slipsik 7, Sagatun Monos and Tundra Monos and Boazu on display. He is appointment only out of his house but he understands the gear and really loves it. So you could check out the gear there and see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at the same time.

Let me know if you would like to visit and listen. I recently had a gentleman with an all Linn system from Montreal spend a couple of days here and he was quite excited by the gear. So I am glad to arrange a time that works for both of us to get together.
The LP12 Whisperer
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

Thanks for hooking them up with a demo Thomas. It's a bit of a shame they didn't decide to buy it, I told them to play some familiar albums and just enjoy the music. Only when it's no longer there will they miss it. Probably.
They've tried quite a few amps, sim audio, hegel etc and said the Lejonklou was really good but not quite ticking all their boxes.
ADS3/SagMono/Tundra 2.2- . Totem Tribe Tower.
Lejonklou demos available in the N of England.
Zee9

Post by Zee9 »

Well now that I have two tundras I could offer demos but maybe need to grow the Lejonklou family a bit more. Soon soon…..
Last edited by Zee9 on 2024-03-08 16:13, edited 1 time in total.
ljknewbie

Post by ljknewbie »

Zee9 wrote: 2024-03-08 05:07 Well now that I have two tundra I could offer demos but maybe need to grow the Lejonklou family a bit more. Soon soon…..
You got me hooked to the tundra and I ended up with the entity, källa and superkikkin !!😁 Probably the only ones in India
1: ARC VSi75/Rega P6 (Ania Pro MC)/Entity/mdsm3/Kan II

2: Tundra/SK/Källa/T+A S 2100 CTL
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

ljknewbie wrote: 2024-03-08 15:34
Zee9 wrote: 2024-03-08 05:07 Well now that I have two tundra I could offer demos but maybe need to grow the Lejonklou family a bit more. Soon soon…..
You got me hooked to the tundra and I ended up with the entity, källa and superkikkin !!😁 Probably the only ones in India
That is very cool!
The LP12 Whisperer