TMV´s system

Share your journey!

Moderator: Staff

TMV

TMV´s system

Post by TMV »

I´m slowly upgrading, mostly with 2:nd hand parts but also some new stuff.

Current System:
Vinyl: LP12 fluted walnut ~93, Karousel, ARadikal, Kore, Akito 2B, T-kabel (silver), Adikt, Slipsik 7.
Digital: Hakai + Volumio SW, Gigaport HD+ DAC, Netgear switch, QNAP NAS.
Amp: Boazu 1
Speakers: Klångedang T1 (Revision 6)

System when starting this thread:
Vinyl: LP12 (old), Cirkus, Kore, Akito 2B, Lingo 1, Adikt, T-kabel (silver), Kinki 2.
Digital: KRDS/0, Netgear switch/QNAP NAS.
Amp: Linn Classik Movie 05/D
Speakers: Linn Majik 109
Last edited by TMV on 2021-05-01 08:49, edited 8 times in total.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Re: My system

Post by Charlie1 »

Nice system you've put together. Sounds like you're doing things in a very cost effective way.
rowlandhills
Very active member
Very active member

Post by rowlandhills »

Very nice setup there. If you upgrade the amplification at some point it will really release a lot more from those sources and speakers.
KRDSM, Tundra to 242s
Silvers, K400, Hutter rack
donuk
Very active member
Very active member

Post by donuk »

Yes TMV, get yourself a Tundra amp in your system, and you will not be able to go to bed at night....
Go for it,
Donuk, sunny downtown York.
TMV

Post by TMV »

Thanks for the suggestions, upgraded amp would definitely improve the system. But the 05 is actually not too bad so upgrading the sources could still be the most cost effective. Or what do you think?

Larger speakers would also be fun, if only my neighbours....
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Only heard the 05 very briefly so can't comment on that. Lingo 2 would be nice though.
TMV

Post by TMV »

Charlie1 wrote:Only heard the 05 very briefly so can't comment on that. Lingo 2 would be nice though.
Sagatun&Tundra would of course kill the 05 so that would be nice. Very nice!

Lingo 2 is a good advise and not too expensive, would love a Radikal but it´s so ******* expensive.
TMV

Re: TMV's system

Post by TMV »

Updated with a Tundra 2. T2 improves everything. Everything! (Anything else would be strange since I changed from internal PA in my Movie)

On Billie Holidays My Man (MS-515) she sings like never before and the way the piano and her voice interacts is really great. Feels like I´m in the club.
Outside World on 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 by Midnight Oil is so dark and powerful and even at low level the energy is there when Only the Strong starts. Normally I have to play really loud, not anymore.
The rhythms on Eno's Before and after Science have never been so easy to follow.
Rod Stewart's version You keep me hanging on is really decadent. (I do actually love this song...)
On Shame DM sing "Don't you ever get the feeling that something isn't right". No, not anymore.

I really like the improvements in the energy of the music the T2 brings. Bass is much better, all the musical details are there and they work together.

I´m happy! (At least when I play happy music...)
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Re: TMV´s system

Post by lejonklou »

So happy to read this, TMV! Made my evening.

Also got inspired by the mix of music you mention.
TMV

Post by TMV »

A few upgrades.

Lingo 1 -> 3
A very nice upgrade for the money. Easier to follow the music, rhythm and bass.

Kinki 2 -> Slipsik 7
Lovely upgrade! Improves everything and connects you to the music.

Linn Classik Movie 05/D + Tundra 2 -> Boazu 1
Such a good amp! Only upgrade option is Mono, and that is not an option :)
The only thing I miss is to control volume with an app (switching sources does already work fine...)

Linn Majik 109 -> Klångedang T1 (SHW)
Just love them!

Current System:
Vinyl: LP12 (old), Cirkus, Kore, Akito 2B, Lingo 3, Adikt, T-kabel (silver), Slipsik 7.
Digital: KRDS/0, Netgear switch/QNAP NAS.
Amp: Boazu 1
Speakers: Klångedang T1 (SHW)
To me this is good balance between understanding the music and a smooth sound.
Last edited by TMV on 2019-07-20 13:48, edited 2 times in total.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

That's quite a nice list of upgrades there. (Is that supposed to be Gaio 2 to Slipsik 7?) I'm sure the current system provides much musical enjoyment.

The first post is a bit confusing as it lists all the gear you have now. It might be good to list the original system that you previously posted there, with the edit for the latest version below it, so all can see the changes. I'd also mention the update in the first post listing the complete system in your more recent post.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
TMV

Post by TMV »

OK, good proposal! I have now updated the first post.

I did upgrade from Kinki 2 -> Slipsik 7. I was thinking of upgrading to a Gaio and not Slipsik because I had a feeling that Slipsik had a bit analytical HiFi sound. However, with Slipsik 7 there is only music. For sure a lot of information but in a way that connects me to the artists.
TMV

Post by TMV »

Upgraded my digital source from KRDS/0 to Thinker Board S, Gigaport HD+ DAC and Volumio SW

Much better musical understanding and more information, but the KRDS/0 has a more smooth sound.
An AMAZING upgrade for the money, I´m very happy with my "mini HAKAI".

:D
BillySquire

Post by BillySquire »

I am definitely not a computer guy, and I don't understand 90% of what's being said on the HAKAI thread. I've been looking at the Volumio Primo, which seems similar to your digital source. Is that more or less correct? Any thoughts about the Primo?
TMV

Post by TMV »

BillySquire wrote: 2019-07-30 17:55 I've been looking at the Volumio Primo, which seems similar to your digital source. Is that more or less correct? Any thoughts about the Primo?
Hello Billy, the Primo uses the same Thinker Board S as I am but with another integrated DAC. I have no idea how it compare to Thinker Board S and Gigaport HD+ DAC. More Asus Tinker Board discussions here: https://www.lejonklou.com/forum/viewtop ... 9&start=25
TMV

Post by TMV »

I have made some major upgrade to my LP12, now any record I play is fantastic!
LP12 ~83 -> fluted walnut ~93
Cirkus -> Karousel
Lingo 3 -> ARadikal

I have also upgraded Klångedang T1 from external SHW filter to Revision 6. SHW had it´s charm but R6 is so much better.

With Lejonklou Slipsik and Boazu in between, this system delivers so much music! AND IT ROCKS! :D
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

TMV wrote: 2020-05-07 19:46 I have made some major upgrade to my LP12, now any record I play is fantastic!
Cirkus -> Karousel
Lingo 3 -> ARadikal

I have also upgraded Klångedang T1 from external SHW filter to Revision 6. SHW had it´s charm but R6 is so much better.

With Lejonklou Slipsik and Boazu in between, this system delivers so much music! AND IT ROCKS!
Solid upgrades TMV, and great speakers too!

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

TMV wrote: 2020-05-07 19:46 I have made some major upgrade to my LP12, now any record I play is fantastic!
Cirkus -> Karousel
Lingo 3 -> ARadikal

With Lejonklou Slipsik and Boazu in between, this system delivers so much music! AND IT ROCKS! :D
Congratulations! That's quite a nice list of upgrades. You should be getting a lot of musical enjoyment, Have fun!
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
TMV

Post by TMV »

Things are getting better, Thinker Board S has been replaced by Hakai (from the man himself). I put it on top of my LP12 (just a vinyl envelope between) and connected it and after a few weeks its still there :)
It´s a bit funny I´m switching from the Källa computer but I think it show´s how important the implementation is.

The only problem now is my neighbours._.

And hey, don´t worry, I will move the Hakai and pick up vinyl again.