Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

maffe
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Slipsik 7

Post by maffe »

Just installed my slipsik 7.
First song was “Closer” and after 5 seconds my wife and I just looked at each other said:
-Wow!!!

Kaos also enjoyed the upgrade :)
He still sits in the box!
Gammaboy

Post by Gammaboy »

Tom upgraded my Slipsik 6 to a 7 and I received it today. System is LP12/Radikal/Keel/Aro/Adikt into a Sagatun 1.3/Tundra 2.2 with Linn Majik 140’s. I’ve just been listening to jazz trios so far (Jarrett, Corea, Evans).

I fully expected the 7 to be a nice improvement, but I must admit that I am a bit stunned by how good it is. It is remarkably better in every way.

Never thought an Adikt could sound this good!
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tendaberry »

Very nice cat :-) Mine also also enjoys every upgrade, especially if they come in big boxes...
maffe
Very active member
Very active member

Post by maffe »

Day two with slipsik 7,
Had a hard time getting away from home due to just listening to records, until my wife told me to leave so she could study :P
So what to do other than take a few records and go to Ågrens for day two of demo:)
Again the slipsik left the gaio standing on the sideline.
Nina Simone’s voice came to life in a convincing way carving into my soul. Bowie’s record “earthling” just made no sense on gaio and on the slipsik it all came together; from chaos/disorder and hard to follow what was going on to order, fun and the feeling of “I want more”.

Well done Fredrik, you should be proud of what you have accomplished with the slipsik 7!
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Thank you for all your kind words about Slipsik 7!

I admit to being extremely pleased with it.

Comparing with Gaio 2 is painful, because I was very pleased with that too when it was finished. Now suddenly Slipsik crushes it.

I think one really needs to hear Gaio 2 against a bunch of other phono stages to appreciate its qualities.

One thing that strikes me, though, is how we are still improving music on vinyl. After all these years! (And it still measures terribly)
nmakowsk

Post by nmakowsk »

Well I spent a day of the weekend swapping between the Slipsik 7 vs the Slipsik 5.1 model and it continues to be very interesting as how these stages really solidify the sound the LP12 makes with the adikt. The model 7 now seems to be outshining the 5.1 on the music that is getting through the audio chain. One noticeable track that comes to mind was on Carole king's Tapestry LP. The way Carole plays that lead piano for the melody of the songs stands out much more than on the model 5.1. Those piano melodies were much easier to follow and the notes seemed like more realistic key strikes. Another record that comes to mind was Suzanne Vega's Solitude standing with the drums in the songs. The 5.1 sounded like a recording of drums being played but the model 7 gave me the impression of a drummer actually hitting the instrument. So I am sold on the Slipsik 7 being the greatest Slipsik ever made that I have heard. It makes me wonder is this slipsik used with a step up transformer would dethrone a Urika 1. Well done Fredrik, this is a welcome improvement and a shoutout to Tom for doing my upgrade in a very timely and professional manner.
LP12/Kar/ARad1/Kore/Ekos SE1/NOKTable/Adikt/Slipsik 8.0/Giella Pi 1.2/Tundra Stereo 2.2/1992 Briks
grey17

Post by grey17 »

Gammaboy wrote: 2019-03-02 00:54 Tom upgraded my Slipsik 6 to a 7 and I received it today. System is LP12/Radikal/Keel/Aro/Adikt into a Sagatun 1.3/Tundra 2.2 with Linn Majik 140’s. I’ve just been listening to jazz trios so far (Jarrett, Corea, Evans).

I fully expected the 7 to be a nice improvement, but I must admit that I am a bit stunned by how good it is. It is remarkably better in every way....
Gammaboy,

Would you be able to elaborate on the type of improvements you heard moving from the 6 to 7? It's hard to imagine how Fredrik could have improved on it :). I assumed I would have had to move to a MC cartridge and MC phone stage to better the 6.
LP12/Karousel . Kore . Lingo 4 . Akito . Adikt . Slipsik 6
Accuphase E270 . ProAc D15 . REL 205
Gammaboy

Post by Gammaboy »

The upgrade from a Gaio to Slipsik 6 was a nice improvement and good value. To refer to the move from the 6 to 7 as an upgrade is an understatement. Much more detail, and more musical.

This LP12 started as Majik and was upgraded over the last few years, one step at a time. I experienced the upgrades from Kore to Keel, from Majik power supply to Radikal, from Pro-ject arm to Akito to Aro. A Harban movingui plinth as well. I am a firm believer in the hierarchy of the LP12.

That being said, the upgrade to the Slipsik 7 was the single biggest improvement I have experienced with this LP12. The 7 is A LOT better. Kudos to Linn for Adikt as well.

I’m not trying to stir the pot, just my take.
grey17

Post by grey17 »

Gammaboy wrote: 2019-03-05 02:26 The upgrade from a Gaio to Slipsik 6 was a nice improvement and good value. To refer to the move from the 6 to 7 as an upgrade is an understatement. Much more detail, and more musical...
Thanks Gammaboy. Looks like I know what my next upgrade will be and owe Thomas a call once I am ready.
LP12/Karousel . Kore . Lingo 4 . Akito . Adikt . Slipsik 6
Accuphase E270 . ProAc D15 . REL 205
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

The Slipsik 7 is just arrived to my office

Impressions to follow in the next 2 months …

The previous Slipsik 6 took 150/200 hours to sing.

M.
knoslean

Post by knoslean »

Three weeks running Slipsik 7 daily (goes with ”Akurate LP12” with Adikt) – went from the Gaio that was good but this is clearly an improvement. Huge ”3D-ish” sound. Verdict: highly recommended, enjoyable.
LP12 | Entity | Källa | Sagatun 1.7 | Tundra 2 |  Boenicke W8
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Thank you knoslean! Very happy to hear that you're pleased.

Looking forward to your impressions, Matteo.
mbabst

Post by mbabst »

Does the Slipsik 7 work well with a Nagaoka MP-500?
Linn Selekt DSM - LP12/Kore/A Radikal/Akito 1/Adikt/Slipsik 7 - Harbeth C7 ES3XD
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

mbabst wrote: 2019-04-26 22:59 Does the Slipsik 7 work well with a Nagaoka MP-500?
Hi mbabst!

I haven't tested the Nagaoka MP-500, it seems to be an interesting cartridge. The specifications indicate a good match with Slipsik 7 (or any Slipsik for that matter). Cartridge load and output level are perfectly fine.
mbabst

Post by mbabst »

Thank you Fredrik, wi‘ll probably give it a go! Could be a MC-killer combination. :)

Martin
Linn Selekt DSM - LP12/Kore/A Radikal/Akito 1/Adikt/Slipsik 7 - Harbeth C7 ES3XD
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

After a couple of months and more than 100 hours I can confirm that the Slipsik 7 is a step forward the Slipsik 6 and the upgrade worths every penny.

There is more of everything, more musical, more coherent at low volume, more bass extension.

In particular, the bass is spectacular, my mod. 109 seems to go well below their 55Hz ...

M.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Matteo wrote: 2019-05-02 22:11 After a couple of months and more than 100 hours I can confirm that the Slipsik 7 is a step forward the Slipsik 6 and the upgrade worths every penny.

There is more of everything, more musical, more coherent at low volume, more bass extension.

In particular, the bass is spectacular, my mod. 109 seems to go well below their 55Hz ...
Thank you Matteo!

I became very happy when I read this.
DavidHB

Post by DavidHB »

lejonklou wrote: 2019-05-03 07:50I became very happy when I read this.
So did I. I've just had an email from the carrier to say that my Slipsik 7 will be delivered in the next two hours ..

It will then be time for a bit of self-discipline. I have friends, both experienced listeners, coming round on Sunday, and plan to install the Slipsik then, so we can all compare the Slipsik with my Gaio (original versIon), which itself has been an excellent phono stage. This will be the final planned upgrade of my LP12 (now Cirkus/Radikal (machined)/Kore/Ekos SE/1/Adikt), playing into a Klimax Exakt DSM with a Katalyst Exakt setup driving a pair of Akubariks which, I believe, you yourself heard (driven passively) at Hidden Systems several years ago.

David
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

DavidHB wrote: 2019-05-03 10:09So did I. I've just had an email from the carrier to say that my Slipsik 7 will be delivered in the next two hours ..
Excellent!

I can readily admit that I would not be self-disciplined enough to wait for two days. I would probably think like this:
1. I'd better test that it's working properly, to make sure my friends aren't disappointed when they arrive.
2. OK, it's working fine. I'd better give it a record or two, just to be absolutely certain.
3. Surely there's no harm done if I play some more music with it. It is Friday evening, after all.
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tendaberry »

I agree with the above. Come on David, give it a go ;-)
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

4. It will be a better test if the Slipsik 7 is as burned in as possible. So I should probably play it around the clock until my friends arrive. ;-)
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
DavidHB

Post by DavidHB »

ThomasOK wrote: 2019-05-03 16:14 4. It will be a better test if the Slipsik 7 is as burned in as possible. So I should probably play it around the clock until my friends arrive. ;-)
Sorry not to have replied sooner. | have posted a preliminary report on the WAM forum.

I'm taking a bit of time (well, what I have been able to spare from unavoidable distractions) to get to know the Slipsik more fully, and that process is not complete. Initial impressions, confirmed by subsequent listening so far, are very positive and very much in line with the views expressed by others.. As compared with the Gaio, already an excellent phono stage, high frequencies are better controlled, the midrange is smoother and even better balanced, and the bass more distinct. I too have noticed more of a "3D" effect than with the Gaio; interestingly, this seems to manifest itself in different ways with different recordings, which suggests that the effect is not, in any sense, an artefact, but the result of the Slipsik making better use of the information presented to it.

Of course, I'd still regard these as early days. But if things carry on as they have been doing, or even improve yet further, the Slipsik will have been a very worthwhile buy indeed, and (as is to be expected) the ideal complement to my Adikt. Even more importantly, it will have set the bar for MC alternatives (for example the Kandid/Urika II combination)higher than ever, so calling into question whether their significantly higher cost of ownership is actually justified. So sorry, Thomas, but I don't see myself buying a SINGularity any time soon ...

David
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Thank you for sharing your impressions, David! I'm very happy to hear that you and your friends like it.

No previous model has sold at this pace, I made 50 units and soon they're all gone. Need to prepare for a second batch!
DavidHB

Post by DavidHB »

lejonklou wrote: 2019-05-13 23:37Thank you for sharing your impressions, David! I'm very happy to hear that you and your friends like it.
I am also liking it more as time goes on. To give a specific example, I have just been listening to Janáček's String Quartets (the old, award winning Supraphon recording by the Janáček Quartet, which somehow turned up later on Classics for Pleasure). This is music that very much lives in its own sound world; to appreciate it, you need to be able to distinguish what each instrument is doing and at the same time hear how the parts meld into a coherent whole. With the Slipsik, I am getting that lovely combination of tonal balance, spatial separation between the instruments and musical flow that characterises, in my view, the best of what reproduced music can achieve.
lejonklou wrote: 2019-05-13 23:37No previous model has sold at this pace, I made 50 units and soon they're all gone. Need to prepare for a second batch!
You seem to have found a point at which the cost/price/quality equation makes sense to a lot of prospective purchasers, as it certainly does to me. Congratulations!

David
u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Post by u252agz »

Slipsik 7 arrived today and as my Main music room is unavailable I decided to hook it up to my 34 year old Rega Planar 3, Boazu and Komponent 110s.

Wow - what a difference.

The Gaio 1 already sounded good but this is like a major source upgrade.

Can’t wait to try it with the LP12.
Kalla/Sag M/Tun M3/242/LP12/Slip7

Kalla/Giella Pi/JBL308/RS2e

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s