EVENTS

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Re: EVENTS

Post by sunbeamgls »

Last reminder for the Hifi Wigwam Show at Kegworth this weekend - 17th March, I've created (most of) my playlist on Tidal so you can choose something in advance.

For those of you who can't make it, you can hear what you'll be missing :)

https://tidal.com/playlist/ee329131-84a ... f983d0765e

Map:
https://goo.gl/maps/zqWP7dWLBW92
Will be playing Lejonklou in Room 120.

Any forum members attending will be welcome for an informal gathering at 1pm in Room 120.

Hope to see some of you there. Over 35 systems to have a listen to this year.
KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.
Husky99

Post by Husky99 »

I do hope to make it so my ears can compare a set up very similar to mine, Only the Kabers and cables...
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Very cool!

Wish I could be there!
Kantata Audio

Post by Kantata Audio »

All Lejonklou forum members,

Just a reminder that Fredrik will be attending the Kantata Audio event at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Belfast on Saturday 23rd March 2019. The scheduled start time is 12:00 noon.

Fredrik will be showcasing his range of electronics in a vinyl system with Kudos Titan 505 speakers.

There will also be representatives and products from Kudos Audio, Audioquest, Hegel and Innuos.

Entry is free, with a free prize draw.

Hope to see you there for an afternoon of great music!

Best Regards
John.
Kantata Audio - Lejonklou | Kudos | Innuos

email sales@kantata-audio.co.uk
tel +044 2892607882
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

Looking forward to it John, and to meeting Fredrik again. My son and I will be there....

All the best with the preparations, give me a shout if you need any help.

Avalon
Linn AEDSM, 2nr Katalyst Exaktbox 6 2nr Linn 4200, 1nr Linn Klimax dynamik Twin
High Gloss Akubariks
David Neel
Very active member
Very active member

Post by David Neel »

Planning to be at Kegworth on Sunday for the meetup in sunbeamgls' room....

and in Belfast six days later...
The search for knowledge is not nourished by certainty, but by a radical distrust in certainty
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Best of luck with your events Neil & John!
A real pity I can't join in, but hopefully I'll meet up with you later again this year.

All the best and do well,

Marco
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

All ready to go tomorrow in Room 120 at the Wam show. Thinking I'll leave the grilles on.

KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.
Kantata Audio

Post by Kantata Audio »

Very cool, Sunbeam!

Good luck for today.

Are there "Best system" awards?
Kantata Audio - Lejonklou | Kudos | Innuos

email sales@kantata-audio.co.uk
tel +044 2892607882
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Looks great Neil and very thoughtful to have the speaker finish match the Tundra lights ;-)

Have a great show and happy to hear some impressions from those that may attend.
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

cjs wrote: 2019-03-17 11:08 Very cool, Sunbeam!

Good luck for today.

Are there "Best system" awards?
Its non-competitive, always has been and I think it is best that way. When you see comments from attendees about which systems they preferred, there's very rarely any consistency. Although there was a subset suitcase challenge that had a prize awarded this year.
Last edited by sunbeamgls on 2019-03-18 10:16, edited 1 time in total.
hcl
Very active member
Very active member

Post by hcl »

Nicklas wrote: 2019-03-03 23:46 Many thanks to all attendances on the Lejonklou event at ågrens hifi. It was a really great weekend! And many thanks to Fredrik Lejonklou for the excellent demonstration of his amplifiers. I fully agree with his review a few posts up. I'm really delighted to offer Lejonklou products in the shop and I will always evaluate and try to find the most musical additional products among our brands. Our most musical stereo systems definitely include Lejonklou amps in my own humble opinion. Also remember the hierarchy which makes the new Slipsik 7 even more fantastic product, and as long as you have a Boazu, you're doing ok! ;)

Please contact me at info@agrenshifi.se or (+46)031-810195 for inqueries or visit our webshop at www.agrenshifi.se.
May I ask what sources did you use at the demo?
TMV

Post by TMV »

hcl wrote: 2019-03-17 16:48 May I ask what sources did you use at the demo?
Vinyl: Pro-Ject RPM 9 Carbon (not bad)+ the very cool JERN 12WS (I liked them)
Agree with all comments about Gaio 2 vs Slipsik 7. I have a Boazu so I will be fine if i buy the Slipsik :)

Digital: Meridian 808v6 (or similar) + PCM fact.8 (?)
Unclear how good 808 was, speakers are probably really good but didnt fly until Mono-Mono.

Thanks Nicklas and Fredrik for a great demo!
u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Post by u252agz »

mrco99 wrote: 2019-03-17 11:42 Looks great Neil and very thoughtful to have the speaker finish match the Tundra lights ;-)

Have a great show and happy to hear some impressions from those that may attend.
Very interesting show - my first time at this Hi Fi Wigwam event.

Sunbeams system was the first Exakt system I have enjoyed - worth going just for that. Maybe they all need a set of Lejonklou amps and expert optimisation to get them singing.

Some fascinating systems with 40 - 50 yr old amps / speakers and even Turntables from the 60s which were quite musical.

One or two do it yourself chaps making cross overs for active systems and building their own speakers - both good, one particularly impressive.

Best turntable I heard was a Majik LP 12 with Lingo 1 and Ittok - partnered with an old integrated amp and 40 yr old JBL speakers recovered from a skip.
Kalla/Sag M/Tun M3/242/LP12/Slip7

Kalla/Giella Pi/JBL308/RS2e

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

u252agz wrote: 2019-03-17 23:19
mrco99 wrote: 2019-03-17 11:42 Looks great Neil and very thoughtful to have the speaker finish match the Tundra lights ;-)

Very interesting show - my first time at this Hi Fi Wigwam event.

Sunbeams system was the first Exakt system I have enjoyed - worth going just for that. Maybe they all need a set of Lejonklou amps and expert optimisation to get them singing.

Some fascinating systems with 40 - 50 yr old amps / speakers and even Turntables from the 60s which were quite musical.

One or two do it yourself chaps making cross overs for active systems and building their own speakers - both good, one particularly impressive.

Best turntable I heard was a Majik LP 12 with Lingo 1 and Ittok - partnered with an old integrated amp and 40 yr old JBL speakers recovered from a skip.
Thanks for the positive feedback u252 and it was great to meet you, Spannko and Husky99 and to catch up with David Neel of course.
I'm pleased you enjoyed the whole show as a newcomer, its certainly an experience!
I heard there were 480 attendees which is nice to see, up from 350 last year which was heavily impacted by snow.
Last edited by sunbeamgls on 2019-03-19 23:27, edited 1 time in total.
Nicklas

Post by Nicklas »

TMV wrote: 2019-03-17 19:36
hcl wrote: 2019-03-17 16:48 May I ask what sources did you use at the demo?
Vinyl: Pro-Ject RPM 9 Carbon (not bad)+ the very cool JERN 12WS (I liked them)
Agree with all comments about Gaio 2 vs Slipsik 7. I have a Boazu so I will be fine if i buy the Slipsik :)

Digital: Meridian 808v6 (or similar) + PCM fact.8 (?)
Unclear how good 808 was, speakers are probably really good but didnt fly until Mono-Mono.

Thanks Nicklas and Fredrik for a great demo!
Yes that's correct. Thank you TMV! The Meridian streamer is model 818 without cd-player (808 is very similar with CD-player). It's really good actually but I never compared to Linn only naim streamers. Last time I did it we were three persons listening which all of us agreed that Meridian 818 is a better source than original naim NDX + XPS DR. I personally have used meridian streaming for 7 years and never needed anything more since some of their products represent excellent value for money and simplicity. Meridian 218 which is vastly less expensive is a fantastic source for that money. The Media Core 200 is a excellent product too imho but it's getting a bit old now. Meridian sources representing maximum musicality for the money most of the times IMHO (outside the Lejonklou parish at least).
Husky99

Post by Husky99 »

It was really good to hear another Tundra driven system. Thank you Sunbeamgl and nice to meet you.

My first visit to the show and makes a nice change to others where they are doing their very best to sell you something.
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

u252agz wrote: 2019-03-17 23:19 Best turntable I heard was a Majik LP 12 with Lingo 1 and Ittok - partnered with an old integrated amp and 40 yr old JBL speakers recovered from a skip.
Shh .... ! Don’t tell everyone how good the L40’s were! The price will double before I manage to get a pair!
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

:-)
Playing cd’s…………
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

it's now only two days to Kantata Audio's event at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Belfast!

I hope this will be a really good show with lots of curious and enthusiastic visitors. Manufacturers will be present and of course John, the man himself.

Sadly some annoying virus has hit me and I just decided it's unwise to travel with aching muscles and a sour throat. My apologies, but I won't make it this time. :(

Have fun on Saturday 23rd March and please do report on what happened!
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

:(

Get well soon
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Thank you Sunbeam!

I wish I'd heard your system at Wigwam as well. It appears a lot of people were impressed.
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

Jeez guys. Get a room!

Ha ha, see what I did there? ...... Get a room? ........... Shows? ............ Oh, never mind. lol.
David Neel
Very active member
Very active member

Post by David Neel »

A great day in Belfast! Congratulations to John on organising a very professional event. The rooms were much bigger than the normal hotel bedrooms, as they were a suite of meeting rooms of a proper size, equipped with armchairs and sofas. The coffee was good and the chocolate and raspberry scones superb! And as a bonus, the systems sounded somewhere between very good and excellent, in particular the one with Sagatun, Tundra and Kudos Titan 505s.

Well done John!
The search for knowledge is not nourished by certainty, but by a radical distrust in certainty
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

It was great to meet up with you again David Neel , The rooms were way above average hotel show rooms, large and comfy. Some very good sounds were being made.

Like you the Lejonklu room with the smallest Kudos Titan speakers 505's was really putting out some good tunes. It also had the baby Innuos streamer, the other rooms had kudos 606's and 707's with zenith and statement streamers and middle and top end Hegel amps.

There were no bad sounds at that show, well done John of Kantata audio and innuos, Audioquest , kudos and Hegel for putting on such a professional event. A pity Fredrik was sick and wasn't able to make it. Next year .......

Avalon
Linn AEDSM, 2nr Katalyst Exaktbox 6 2nr Linn 4200, 1nr Linn Klimax dynamik Twin
High Gloss Akubariks