Sagatun stereo and KK

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

bonzo
Very active member
Very active member

Sagatun stereo and KK

Post by bonzo »

I haven’t been able to find anything by searching forum. Has anyone listened to sagatun stereo vs. KK1/d? I have no doubt sagatun monos wall all over KK1/d.. I’d love to hear how the stereo compares.

Thanks,
Jon
lp12, Keel, K Radikal, Urika, EkosSe/1 Kandid KK1/D, JBL 708p
Linn Pekin
bonzo
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Sagatun stereo and KK

Post by bonzo »

no responses.. bummer. Thought for sure I’d get to read some great posts
Linn Pekin
TMV

Post by TMV »

Latest KK, Sagatun Stereo and Mono was compared a few years ago at Tonläget. KK vs Stereo was close to me but maybe latest updates for Stereo has made it better?
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

Did you search? Plenty to read from around the time of the launch, and since... 3 (?) years ago the KK and original Sagatun stereo were close - each had their own strengths. Since then the KK has been discontinued, and the Sagatuns have been updated a good few times. Do yourself a favour: talk to Thomas and listen to a (pair of) Sagatun (Monos ;)
bonzo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by bonzo »

Yes sir, I did search, to no avail. I acknowledge that the monos is one of my next moves, however I was simply looking for some experience and feedback from those that have been lucky enough to hear both.
Linn Pekin
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

Surprised you didn't find anything - there's over 700 matches returned from a search for 'Sagatun', including a few answers given to your previous enquiry about what to do with old Klimax gear... I have not heard a recent instance of Sagatun stereo, let alone in direct audition against a KK. From what I can recall of the launch, the first Sagatun stereo was lighter but more nuanced musically than the KK; the KK was a richer sound but could be a touch heavy handed. The Monos were best of both, even then, and then some... The KK was undoubtedly a good pre-, but I'd be surprised if you didn't hear more through a latest Sagatun stereo, and much more through the Monos. There is a Linn sound through the KK though so you may be comforted by the familiar, but you really should listen to Sagatuns.
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

There are several comparisons in the thread below.
At least with the direct input SS seems to outperform KK.

http://www.lejonklou.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2324

Matt
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

bonzo wrote:Yes sir, I did search, to no avail. I acknowledge that the monos is one of my next moves, however I was simply looking for some experience and feedback from those that have been lucky enough to hear both.
I've heard sagatun stereo and monos. The monos are a huge jump up over the stereo, more so than than trying the same with tundras.
I've also heard the KK vs the original SS back at the launch of the sagatun at HiddenSystems with Chris and Fredrik. I did prefer the sagatun slightly, it was less muddied, especially in the bass and I found the music flowed a little better but it was very close. Considering the price difference it was very commendable what Fredrik had achieved. Since then there's been a few updates and hardware improvements. Details can be found on the Lejonklou home page.
Personally speaking I'd try to hold off until you can afford the monos, they really are something special and really help the tundra (in my case) to open up and 'breathe'. The music has a more realistic and emotional connection.
Regards
Ozzzy
ADS3/SagMono/Tundra 2.2- . Totem Tribe Tower.
Lejonklou demos available in the N of England.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

I haven’t posted an answer as I haven’t done that particular comparison. However, I did compare a Boazu to the store KK/2 and A2200. Since the father and son I did the initial comparison for found the Boazu more musical (as did I), I didn’t feel the need to do the Sagatun 1.3 vs. KK. That initial comparison was repeated with six other customers over several weeks and the result always the same-the Boazu is more musical. I think I did post this report somewhere but it wouldn’t come up under a Sagatun search.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.