Klångedang T1 - sensational loudspeakers!

We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

Music Lover
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Klångedang T1 - sensational loudspeakers!

Post by Music Lover »

Yepp. It's no coincidence that Anders has developed internal filters. He told me that many customer have turn down T1 due to the external filters/cables and the rack needed hosting the filter. imho a rack is mandatory to obtain the full potential.
With a suboptimal filter positioning, Akudorik is not that far behind.
It's all about musical understanding!
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

This topic wasn't updated since December 2016.

There was a lot of update on Klangedang website though (T1 Kont, i2 ...).

From the last price list of Tonlaget (end of January 2018), with Google Translator I understood that "there are no cables from the filter to the speakers". Is that correct?

However the i2 version, which is supposed to be with internal filters, is not included in the price list.

It's a shame that their website (only in Swedish) lacks of pics of the different models.

M.
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

You can also order Klangedang speakers through Fredrik so he should be able to supply you with the necessary and updated information as well.

I have Klangedang T1 myself with the external Synkron filters - which require many hours of playing in btw - but would also be curious seeing more pictures of the other newly added options.
Last edited by mrco99 on 2018-02-02 16:25, edited 1 time in total.
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

There's now four models of T1 available. The difference between them is the filter.

The entry level Kont filter is mounted on the back of each speaker. It's a simple parallel passive filter that apparently sounds really good with an impressive sound.

The second level is the Synkron filters (I have those and Marco too), which are external serial passive filters housed in two small black plastic boxes.

The third and top level filter is Referens, which is one external wooden box with two channels of serial passive filters. I heard the latest version of Referens recently in a customer's system and it sounded sublime! Apparently it's been improved since I tested it at home a few years ago.

The fourth option is Exakt.

The 'i' stuff is all about damping. There is now a bit more damping in the loudspeakers themselves, which makes them perform better on a variety of different stands. Or even on a bookshelf. The special T-stands that are bolted to the T1 loudspeakers are however still the best. In order for them to work optimally with the i-version, there's now a bit less damping in the T-stands.
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

Thanks

Where can be found some pics of the various versions?

Does the price include the stands?

M.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

I think the only one that can take pictures of them is Anders, the designer himself.

There is a new price list effective from yesterday that I have so far only glanced at. The stands are separate, as some use them on shelves or alternative stands.

EDIT: Wrong of me, T1 is priced including stands and filter.
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Ah, those prices there are indeed "Complete with filter and stands".
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

What does these periods exactly mean?

Klångedang högtalare kompletta med filter och stativ i standardutförande

dock ingår inte kablar mellan filter och högtalare!
Utförande i björk, ek, svart ask, eller natur ask.

Google translator is a mess in both English and Italian.

M.
Linnofil
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Linnofil »

Matteo wrote:What does these periods exactly mean?

Klångedang högtalare kompletta med filter och stativ i standardutförande

dock ingår inte kablar mellan filter och högtalare!
Utförande i björk, ek, svart ask, eller natur ask.
My English is better then my Italian, so I hope I get this right. :-)

Klångedang speakers, complete with filters and stands in standard configuration.
Note: Cables between the filters and the speakers are not included (in the listed price).
Standard finishes are: Birch, Oak, Black Ash, or Natural (not coloured or tinted) Ash.

More info: The box for the reference filter comes in the same standard wood finishes as the speakers. Kont filters are not sold separately, as they are the lowest spec filter. Other wood finishes and stand colours can be ordered at extra cost, price is negotiated separately for each sale/wood. The reason for not including the cables between the filters and the speakers is that all customers have different needs when it comes to the placement of the products and the length will vary.

Klångedang T1 is an amazing speaker!
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

Thanks Linnofil

So the effective price for T1 Kont (SEK 37,500) without stand (SEK 8,500) could be SEK 29,000 (€ 2,900 circa), half then Akudoriks.

It would be interesting a comparison between T1 Kont and Akudoriks.

I'm also curious, for aesthetic reasons, to see a picture of the T1 Kont with the filters mounted on the back of the speakers.

M.
Linnofil
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Linnofil »

Matteo wrote:So the effective price for T1 Kont (SEK 37,500) without stand (SEK 8,500) could be SEK 29,000 (€ 2,900 circa), half then Akudoriks.
I don't know the price for T1 without stands. I guess there could be a discount on the stands when bought together. So it might not be exactly 8500 SEK off the price for the complete package. But email him and ask. Personally, I would not buy them without the stands. (Well actually, I could possibly make a good pair of Ofil stands for them. ;-) ) The stands have been developed with the speakers and is an integral part of the performance for the speakers. A lot of work and development has gone in to those stands. I'm sure they are worth what they cost.
Matteo wrote:It would be interesting a comparison between T1 Kont and Akudoriks.
With Synkron filters, they are much better than Akudoriks. For me, no contest. I have not heard the T1 Kont filters yet. Worth noting: The T1 Kont filter is a conventional filter, not the serial type of filter that the other T1's have. I have full confidence in the developers abilities, but I do believe that the serial filter is an important part of the performance of the T1. So if/when I get the T1's, I will have them with a serial filter. But I would listen first!
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Linnofil wrote:Klångedang T1 is an amazing speaker!
I agree. Luckily I have a pair with Synkron as my main speakers. *grin*
Linnofil wrote:With Synkron filters, they are much better than Akudoriks. For me, no contest. I have not heard the T1 Kont filters yet. Worth noting: The T1 Kont filter is a conventional filter, not the serial type of filter that the other T1's have. I have full confidence in the developers abilities, but I do believe that the serial filter is an important part of the performance of the T1. So if/when I get the T1's, I will have them with a serial filter. But I would listen first!
+1 to this as well.
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

Unfortunately, stands and filters are absolutely forbidden by SWMBO ...

M.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

I just finished upgrading my Klångedang T1's to version 5. Phew! Lots of work!

Reference filters are now inside the stands, cleverly floating on a shelf of spruce, suspended between two very soft pillows of foam. And 250 grammes of cat litter in a bag at the bottom!

I have just placed them randomly against the wall, connected them and played five songs. Oh my!! This is no small improvement, it's much, MUCH better!

More later, I need to find some country records.
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

Sounds interesting, would be good to hear them.

Is catlitter the recommended substance for loading? Does it need changing frequently? I imagine it will absorb moisture from the air and change its consistency?
KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tendaberry »

lejonklou wrote: 2019-05-24 22:43 More later, I need to find some country records.
Good to hear :-) If you need tips for good country lp's, write me a pm...
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

sunbeamgls wrote: 2019-05-25 11:08 Sounds interesting, would be good to hear them.

Is catlitter the recommended substance for loading? Does it need changing frequently? I imagine it will absorb moisture from the air and change its consistency?
They are exceptional speakers!

There's a long history of the various materials that were used to dampen the stands for T1. Cat litter was one of them, and the designer even changed from one brand to a different one, because the new one sounded better (the grain size was different).

Then one day the cat litter was history and the stands were damped with bitumen only. Now, with version 5 and the passive serial filters hidden inside the stands, one small bag of cat litter in the bottom has returned. Several forum members have made jokes about this material and that's why I mentioned it. And no, it doesn't change consistency and doesn't need replacing.
Tendaberry wrote: 2019-05-25 12:18 Good to hear :-) If you need tips for good country lp's, write me a pm...
Yes please! I went to bed far too late last night. Looking forward to another such night, with some new records to enjoy!
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

"We like both kinds of music, country, and western."

Interesting to hear that the latest developments have made a big improvement to a product you (and others) valued so highly already. Someday I will get a chance to hear a pair.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Klångedang T1 version 6

Post by lejonklou »

A new version of Klångedang T1 was released in September - version 6.

As I recently upgraded from Synkron to version 5, which for the first time had the filters integrated in the stands, I felt a bit reluctant to once again pull the stands apart. But when the designer Anders said that the new version was more musical, melodic and gentler on the ears, I thought ’OK then’.

Inside the stand’s square aluminium column, the passive filter, screwed onto a U-shaped board of spruce, hangs suspended in between two big square blocks of soft foam. The construction looks kind of cool and it’s also rather easy to service, the only drawback being that the speaker needs to lie down on the floor to pull the stand apart.

The upgrade from version 5 to 6 is done in three steps:
* Add an extra resistor to the bass section of the passive series filter,
* Add a piece of damping pad to the inside of the aluminium column,
* Secure all capacitors on the filter with a string of hot melt glue.

The procedure didn’t take very long and to be honest I didn’t expect much of a change. I carefully repositioned the speakers to their within-one-mm optimal position that I spent half a day finding late this summer. And then I put Bob Marley ’Uprising’ on the LP12-Radikal-Trampolin with strips of lime tree-Ekos SE/1-Krystal-original T-kable-Entity. And I turned the volume up.

My first reaction was one of bewilderment. It sounded so strange. Big difference from before! And then I felt a sting of disbelief. Did my beloved T1’s just loose a portion of their precision and become muddy and disorganised? I left the room, leaving the record playing and went to the kitchen. Then I spent half an hour ordering electronic components, with my foot gently tapping along with the music from two rooms away, ending with the magnificent track ’Work’, which I have listened to at least once during every project I’ve run. It brings my mind into focus. And today, something felt really convincing when it poured into the kitchen.

I went back to the living room to flip the record to side B. And that initial feeling of strangeness had now, in just 20 minutes, transformed into Just Right. So melodic, so well timed, so easy and irresistable to follow every turn of what’s unfolding in the music. Wow! Version 6 is simply a hit. I thought 5 was good, but now things fell into place on a new level.

Bravo Anders Simonsson!

And regarding how a speaker can improve so drastically in less than half an hour, I suspect this is mainly due to mechanics: The filter rattling into its optimal suspended position, the wires shaking loose and everything inside the stand settling to a relaxed state.
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

May you post some pics (front, back, stands etc.) ...

How is the cabinet of the speakers connected with the stands/crossovers?

M.
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Klångedang T1 version 6

Post by matthias »

lejonklou wrote: 2019-09-25 14:41 A new version of Klångedang T1 was released in September - version 6.
Is it possible to listen to the version 6 at X-Fi show this weekend?

Matt
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Matteo wrote: 2019-09-25 17:02 May you post some pics (front, back, stands etc.) ...

M.
No time right now, there's a show this weekend and I have a ton to do before I leave.

There's probably pictures at tonlaget.com and klangedang.se

This drawing on the latter site shows how the filters are connected:
matthias wrote: 2019-09-25 17:16 Is it possible to listen to the version 6 at X-Fi show this weekend?
Most likely not, as Marco has version 5 and it's unlikely they can be upgraded in time for the show.
maffe
Very active member
Very active member

Post by maffe »

I visited Tonläget last week and Anders had his T1 v6 hooked up in the listening room ( Klimax LP12, klimax dsm and klimax twin)
Can only agree with you Fredrik, felt like a different and improved beast! The short visit quickly become almost 2h of music listening :)
Looking forward to his upcoming event with the new v6 vs syncron and maybe reference filter.
Matteo
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Matteo »

lejonklou wrote: 2019-09-25 18:17
Matteo wrote: 2019-09-25 17:02 May you post some pics (front, back, stands etc.) ...

M.
No time right now, there's a show this weekend and I have a ton to do before I leave.

There's probably pictures at tonlaget.com and klangedang.se

This drawing on the latter site shows how the filters are connected:
I hadn't found a picture of the rear of the speakers and of the connection between them and the stands.

M.