Lejonklou Boazu Integrated Amp

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Lejonklou Boazu Integrated Amp

Post by u252agz »

I used to have a sneaky, kolektor preamp and triamped LK140 active Ninkas .

This is my experience over the years:

I much preferred single wire passive Ninkas with Lejonklou amplification ( pre and power) - great with a Klimax level source.

Boazu with KDS/2 ( single wire passive) sounds absolutely fantastic. I use Boazu with Sneaky in my bedroom - ( quite enjoyable) - but when i connect my KDS/2 - just fantastic.

If I had a system like yours , I would set my end goal as KRDS/2 ( great value ) and Boazu, using Linn Silvers and K200 for the speaker cables - just as I have for my Bedroom.

Good luck.
Kalla/Sag M/Tun M3/242/LP12/Slip7

Kalla/Giella Pi/JBL308/RS2e

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Boazu 1.1

Post by lejonklou »

A new version of Boazu is released today: 1.1

The musical difference is significant.

The upgrade consists of a change of two capacitors. Original Boazu's can be upgraded at my lab in Uppsala, at the Nokturne Audio in the U.S. and possibly at some retailers and/or distributors around the world (they can apply to perform the upgrade and I will asess that the equipment and skill level is adequate).

The approximate price in Europe will be €130 incl VAT, plus shipping.
The approximate price in the U.K. will be £120 incl VAT, plus shipping.
The approximate price in Sweden will be SEK1250 incl VAT, plus shipping.
u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Boazu 1.1

Post by u252agz »

Great news.

Boazu is already an incredible amp, and any further improvement is very welcome.

Keep up the good work.

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Based on the clips I heard it is a very nice improvement, attack and decay of notes sound more natural and the music becomes more involving (and yes, the tune is indeed easier to follow).

The approximate price in the US will be $150 plus shipping.

Upgrade kits should be here within the next couple of weeks. But note that I will be gearing up for RMAF near the end of this month so will likely to be unable to take in units for upgrade until mid October.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
John C

Post by John C »

Hello everyone on this forum!
I'm a happy owner of the Boazu 1.1. Since the upgrade was done it feels like I have a new amplifier at home. Is everything better you may ask? No. The only downside is that the soundstage is not as wide as before. Everything(!) else is so much better (which seems strange because the original Boazu is such a great amplifier) PRaT, bass, attack and decay of tones (as Thomas also noticed), clarity, the enjoyment at lower volumes and of course even more musicality!

The Boazu 1.1 even makes me consider to sell my old Nait 2 - and you who are familiar with Naim know that this means that I'm so happy with my Lejonklou amp! ( the Supernait 2 has not been so kind to my ears as the Nait 2 or the Boazu has/have)

I can only give you all who own a Boazu 1.0 the best of recomendations to upgrade a great amplifier to an even better musicperformer ( if that is a correct word to use...)

At last ( even if you don't understand Swedish) please listen to Jan Johansson - Folkvisor (jazz på svenska & jazz på ryska) - two records which just keeps getting better EVERYTIME you listen to them!
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

John C wrote:Hello everyone on this forum!
I'm a happy owner of the Boazu 1.1. Since the upgrade was done it feels like I have a new amplifier at home. Is everything better you may ask? No. The only downside is that the soundstage is not as wide as before. Everything(!) else is so much better (which seems strange because the original Boazu is such a great amplifier) PRaT, bass, attack and decay of tones (as Thomas also noticed), clarity, the enjoyment at lower volumes and of course even more musicality!

The Boazu 1.1 even makes me consider to sell my old Nait 2 - and you who are familiar with Naim know that this means that I'm so happy with my Lejonklou amp! ( the Supernait 2 has not been so kind to my ears as the Nait 2 or the Boazu has/have)

I can only give you all who own a Boazu 1.0 the best of recomendations to upgrade a great amplifier to an even better musicperformer ( if that is a correct word to use...)

At last ( even if you don't understand Swedish) please listen to Jan Johansson - Folkvisor (jazz på svenska & jazz på ryska) - two records which just keeps getting better EVERYTIME you listen to them!
Now, this is a recommendation I can understand. I will listen to it if I get the chance. I have Jazz på svenska on vinyl.
Playing cd’s…………
HenrikLI

Post by HenrikLI »

Hi all,

Mostly been a reader of this forum for some time but want to chip in on the Boazu upgrade. For full disclosure I must mention that at the same time as the amp got the upgrade a few other things changed. The powercord to the dsm was switched for a Lejonklou power one, a new router put in and Fredrik also did some trick to the k200’s contacts on the speaker side as they weren’t tight.

Altogether it made one of those improvements that feels like everything is just right. Like really bulls eye spot on. The music has come to life. Tidal is now fun to use, as if their dull masters have changed to good 1st pressings. The band seems to have got new rhythm-guys. And maybe what I appreciate the most is that every note is so pure!

Thanks Fredrik!

/Henrik

Klimax renew dsm exakt, silver, Boazu, k200, 109
u252agz
Very active member
Very active member

Post by u252agz »

Great system - I would love to have a KRDS(M) exact in my bedroom with Boazu

When i tried my KDS/2 upstairs, it sounded fantastic with my Komponents, and that was Boazu v 1.0

Enjoy !

Majik LP12/Boazu/110s
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

I just read a fantastic review of Boazu by Reinhard Haberfellner, a HiFi blogger in Vienna. It's in german.

http://www.haberfellner.net/2017/10/lejonklou/
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

lejonklou wrote:I just read a fantastic review of Boazu by Reinhard Haberfellner, a HiFi blogger in Vienna. It's in german.

http://www.haberfellner.net/2017/10/lejonklou/
Bravo,
it is nearly impossible to get more praise!

Matt
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Congratulations, that is a great review indeed!

Reinhard most likely tested Boazu 1.0 so will probably be even more enthousiastic about version 1.1 - the improvements are clearly distinguable :-)
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Thank you!

No he tested a 1.1.
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

lejonklou wrote:Thank you!

No he tested a 1.1.
Then that's the first review of Boazu 1.1 - and indeed like Matthias mentioned, appraisal couldn't be higher!
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

Good to see products evolving over time. But, just as importantly, that the upgrades are very sensibly priced.
KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.
macrotech2
Very active member
Very active member

Post by macrotech2 »

And that the amps are sensibly priced to buy new of course.
Last edited by macrotech2 on 2017-10-15 21:51, edited 1 time in total.
Källa/Sagatun Mono Tarandus/Tundra Mono 3/Avalon Idea Mk2
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

lejonklou wrote:Thank you!
No he tested a 1.1.
Interesting that he tested Boazu with Rauna Ymer from Opus3 which has a series crossover like Klangedang.

Matt
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
Fred11

Post by Fred11 »

I have been with Naim-amps and speakers for many years. My source now is Linn KRDS1 LP12-aro-geddon-kore-adikt into LK Gaio. I used to run a nice 82-hicap-250 on Neat speakers. I love Fredrik’s approach on music and gear and have been curious about the Boazu for some time. After being shocked at how good a recaped Nait 2 sounds, I decided to get rid of the naim amps and go simpler on amps. The nait 2 is in the basement system now. And there came a Boazu along. I bought it and have been with it for some weeks.
First it was a bit confusing since I am used to the intense and energetic Naim-sound. After a few tunes I noticed I wanted to listen to more and more records. I just got sucked into the music. It has such a seductive, smooth, natural and musical way of presenting music. Very little hardness. I notice I can listen to sone records that was tiring on my Naims. I also notice that I can listen deeeeep into the musics anatomy in such a moving way. Fredrik was so helpful and service-minded and made me a great pair of k400 for the amp. Absolutely lovely. I am in musical heaven🎼🕺🏼
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Thank you so much for your report, Fred11!

May be music always be with you!
Fred11

Post by Fred11 »

Thank you very much, Fredrik🙏
Whatsmynaim

Post by Whatsmynaim »

What makes the Boazu, and I'm sure the rest of Lejonklou's stuff special, is that everything in the music is getting equal priority.
I mean it's hard to follow how a band is playing if an amplifier for some reason emphasize the drum hits.
That's fake dynamics, that I admit do sound exciting, but in reality just ruin the flow of the music.
Fredrik has the knowledge and courage to keep things just right so the source can shine.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Whatsmynaim wrote: 2020-05-23 22:54 What makes the Boazu, and I'm sure the rest of Lejonklou's stuff special, is that everything in the music is getting equal priority.
I mean it's hard to follow how a band is playing if an amplifier for some reason emphasize the drum hits.
That's fake dynamics, that I admit do sound exciting, but in reality just ruin the flow of the music.
Fredrik has the knowledge and courage to keep things just right so the source can shine.
This is the kind of comment I keep getting from customers, dealers and reviewers. A guys who works at one of my dealers said he had a hard time telling customers what the Boazu sounds like because it has no sound of its own. A customer in the audio business said that when he hears other amps he can hear the ego of the designer but with the Boazu the music just explodes in the room. Or you can just think of one of the closing comments in the review by Alan Sircom "To my mind, the Lejonklou Sagatun and Tundra Mono amps are how amplifiers are supposed to sound."

Lejonklou products just serve the music. Not much more to be said.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Efraim roots
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Efraim roots »

Fred11 wrote: 2020-05-21 14:13 I have been with Naim-amps and speakers for many years. My source now is Linn KRDS1 LP12-aro-geddon-kore-adikt into LK Gaio. I used to run a nice 82-hicap-250 on Neat speakers. I love Fredrik’s approach on music and gear and have been curious about the Boazu for some time. After being shocked at how good a recaped Nait 2 sounds, I decided to get rid of the naim amps and go simpler on amps. The nait 2 is in the basement system now. And there came a Boazu along. I bought it and have been with it for some weeks.
First it was a bit confusing since I am used to the intense and energetic Naim-sound. After a few tunes I noticed I wanted to listen to more and more records. I just got sucked into the music. It has such a seductive, smooth, natural and musical way of presenting music. Very little hardness. I notice I can listen to sone records that was tiring on my Naims. I also notice that I can listen deeeeep into the musics anatomy in such a moving way. Fredrik was so helpful and service-minded and made me a great pair of k400 for the amp. Absolutely lovely. I am in musical heaven🎼🕺🏼
Glad to hear you have a Boazu now :) Now just forget about anything else than getting a black Klimax Radikal, Krystal MC and Entity. Krystal and Entity sounds loud like naim but much more refined and an emotional richness. That combo will look and sound stunning I'm sure! Since I love naim too I also recommend naim hiline rca-rca between Lejonkou phono and Boazu. What a beutiful system that would be with the lovely looks of naim aro :)
the players of instruments shall be there..
Fred11

Post by Fred11 »

Dear Efraim, the man who introduced me to LK!
I have been in thoughts about going MC, but I think I will need a Karousel first and would I not need a Radikal instead of my geddon, or can I keep a full naimed Sondek and go mc?
Just love the Boazu. I have not played a single record I have not enjoyed since connecting it!
Fred
Efraim roots
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Efraim roots »

Nice to see you here :) Actually I've not heard LP12 with Armageddon, rather cool to have a naimed LP12 too of course. I have not heard Karousel in flesh either but it seems like a good idea and I am aiming for one myself. Klimax Radikal has stunning looks in black I think, just like LP12 with ARO and Boazu. Compact hi-end music system! To me it was a huge and satisfying upgrade with akurate radikal from Lingo 2 at least. I never really considered the Armageddon because it don't have 33/45rpm switch and I play just as many 45s as 33s. I really believe Radikal should come before Krystal/Entity. My point is that Lejonklou amplification is good enough for a top class LP12 and source upgrades are the best ones :)
the players of instruments shall be there..
Fred11

Post by Fred11 »

Dear Efraim
Good point! The Linn-man in Oslo said ‘I will not be the same man after hearing the Karousel’ whatever that means, it should be transformative: ) I stick with my naimed lp12 and adikt for now, and have a future plan for upgrades. Have a great Boazu-LP-week in Sweden!
Fredrik