We use the Tune Method to evaluate performance

Moderator: Staff

matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Ofil Stands, by Linnofil

Post by matthias »

u252agz wrote:
matthias wrote: Yes, but if the 3677 members are the hard core ones I trust them the most.
Matt
Difficult to argue with that.
'Hard Core' = Those who would sacrifice everything in the pursuit of musicality. Who show no mercy and give no quarter, straining every muscle and sinew until their last breath.
At the moment I am reluctant to take someones recommendation on the forum seriously if he has no experience with the 3677 (me included).

Matt
Linnofil
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Linnofil »

Thank you Thomas for your feedback, a great review! I'm so glad that you are happy with them. I hope you keep on playing! Will the stands be part of the RMAF 2016 exibit system?
ThomasOK wrote:WOW!!! A drastic improvement. As Music Lover said, everything the speakers did was much better. Complex parts of the music effortlessly unravelled before my ears. I could easily follow any instrument I chose no matter how far back in the mix. And the tonality and texture of the instruments and vocals was unlike anything I have heard from a system before.
ThomasOK wrote:last night the stereo drew me in in a way that it hasn't done for at least a couple of years. It was one of those cases where it was so musical, so involving that you don't want to change a thing as you are afraid you might wreck it. Yet it will get even better with the turntable optimally placed and the sub dialed in. What an amazingly musical performance from a pair of speakers that look so unlikely to be capable of anything like what I am hearing. Thanks Linnofil. Just wonderful!
Linnofil
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Linnofil »

SaltyDog wrote:Joining the frenzy.
Sounds exciting, and a bit cryptic... If you share picture* you can join the club! :)

*A picture of the JBL 3677 Ofil Stands tatto on your arm. :D
Linnofil
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Linnofil »

matthias wrote:have you thought about making stands for LP12 and amps as well?
Thank you Matthias for your (implied) belief that I could make such a thing. It takes a lot of work to develop, make and test a lot of different parts to make o good product that perform at a high level. Racks are an even more competitive area, especially with the amazing performance of the Harmonihyllan racks. They are hard to beat! But I don't rule out anything for the future. Right now I'm to busy with the sub stand for the JBL 4645C sub. (It will also fit the 4645B.) Enjoy Greece and listen to live music while you are there. When you get home you can start planning the next best thing to live music! :)
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

Linnofil wrote:Thank you Matthias for your (implied) belief that I could make such a thing. It takes a lot of work to develop, make and test a lot of different parts to make o good product that perform at a high level.
I am absolutely convinced that you can make a superb LP12 stand that can be used for electronics as well.
Linnofil wrote:Racks are an even more competitive area, especially with the amazing performance of the Harmonihyllan racks. They are hard to beat!
I must confess that I do not like racks, I am stacking my gear horizontally, so stands of around 46cm height placed in a row would be perfect.
Linnofil wrote:But I don't rule out anything for the future. Right now I'm to busy with the sub stand for the JBL 4645C sub. (It will also fit the 4645B.)
Maybe the next project after the sub stand?
Linnofil wrote:Enjoy Greece and listen to live music while you are there. When you get home you can start planning the next best thing to live music! :)
Thank you, yes I will do!

Matt
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Linnofil wrote:Thank you Thomas for your feedback, a great review! I'm so glad that you are happy with them. I hope you keep on playing! Will the stands be part of the RMAF 2016 exibit system?
Yes, the stands will be shown at the RMAF along with the 3677s and the full run of Lejonklou electronics, including Boazu.

I haven't decided for sure about the sub yet (it's quite heavy!). But I know I won't have the sub stand in time for that.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Linnofil
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Linnofil »

That feels very cool Thomas! I really wish you good luck on the show. I'm pretty confident that with both you and Fredrik there, with the system you have planned, you will have the best system there by far.

That in turn should achieve the objective of raising awareness and selling more Lejonklou products in the US. I' m very happy if I will contribute (in a very small way) to that.
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

Linnofil wrote:When you get home you can start planning the next best thing to live music! :)
Linnofil,
you have PM.

Matt
Linnofil
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Linnofil »

As most of you have seen on the forum, the y677 stands where part of the Lejonklou /Nokturne Exibit on RMAF 2016. I would like to extend my biggest thanks to Thomas OK and Fredrik L for indirectly letting me be part of the show and even promoting my stands on the show, I'm very greatful. I hope that the stands also contributed to the total performance of the system. The stands are now mentioned on Stereophile website: http://www.stereophile.com/content/rmaf ... 7OvqR7M.97 I'm sorry if my stands made the 3677's to smooth! :-) But more pictures and better reports in the RMAF 2016 thread: http://www.lejonklou.com/forum/viewtopi ... 772#p27772
Music Lover
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Music Lover »

Linnofil wrote: I'm sorry if my stands made the 3677's to smooth! :-)
IMHO, the issue is obvious!
Purple on the speakers... when Purple instead should be spinning on the LP12. :)
It's all about musical understanding!
Linnofil
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Linnofil »

This was posted in the thread about the JBL 4645C sub. I thought it could be seen here to.

The main thing is that a new Ofil product is launched. The FMT y645 stand for the JBL 4645B and 4645C subwoofer speaker! Personally, I think that if you have this speaker, it deserves the FMT y645 stand. The performance benefit to almost any other support is well worth the investment. When testing, it has been hard to realize that this was not an upgrade higher up in the source first chain. It felt more like a preamp/amplifier upgrade.

A lot of work has gone into this stand and I want my customers to benefit from all this hard work by having better music in there homes and happier feelings in their hearts! The price is 4500 SEK + shipping. It will be shipped safely, "sub"stantial packaging is included! Compared to the stands for the 3677, there is now less assembly required.

From the other thread:
Music Lover wrote:And when you believed it wasn't possible to make it better, Linnofil made a short pitstop where we changed the PreProd 4645C-Ofil stand for the production design.
Incredible, we both just looked at each-other with a silly grin. A GOOD step better.

I'm super happy and anyone that considers the 3677's, MUST invest in 4645C/Ofil stand.
It lift the performance a LOT from the 3677/Ofil stands. And in addition bring more slam and that unique live feeling that only a true full range system can.

As they say...Highly Recommended.
Thank you Music Lover! That was a great moment, the first few seconds after a new upgrade that works is such a great feeling. First you get that wow feeling and then the realization that this difference will be there on all songs from now on. Is that what you call true happiness? :)

I'm really satisfied with the performance of the sub stand after having done all the development and testing. As Music Lover said, they are now ready, in production status. I actually have these sub stands in stock now, order via pm if you want one. Price is 4500 SEK + shipping.
Linnofil
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Linnofil »

I would just like to mention that the Ofil FMT y645 substand for the JBL 4645B/4645C and the Ofil FMT x677 speaker stands for the JBL 3677 are now in stock. Ready to ship! PM me right here to order. There has been a slight price adjustment due to the lower value of the SEK. So now it's about the same price as before in USD and actually a bit cheaper in Euro.
New prices:
Ofil FMT y645 substand: 5000 SEK
Ofil FMT x677 speaker stands (normal version): 6000 SEK
Ofil FMT y677 speaker stands (special order, narrow version) 7000 SEK