Lejonklou at RMAF 2016 (Rocky Mountain Audio Fest

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Lejonklou at RMAF 2016 (Rocky Mountain Audio Fest

Post by tokenbrit »

With honest pricing that's a principle of the Lejonklou range, the Boazu shouldn't be too deer... Good timing too - shipping for Christmas? :)
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

If it is an integrated, I hope the volume display by LED colour is retained so that owners can turn all the way up to Rudolph Red :)
macrotech2
Very active member
Very active member

Post by macrotech2 »

tokenbrit wrote:If it is an integrated, I hope the volume display by LED colour is retained so that owners can turn all the way up to Rudolph Red :)
It would also be good if it included the syncing option for multi-channel operation.
Källa/Sagatun Mono Tarandus/Tundra Mono 3/Avalon Idea Mk2
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

ThomasOK wrote:
Linnofil wrote:Thank you Thomas for your feedback, a great review! I'm so glad that you are happy with them. I hope you keep on playing! Will the stands be part of the RMAF 2016 exibit system?
Yes, the stands will be shown at the RMAF along with the 3677s and the full run of Lejonklou electronics, including Boazu.

I haven't decided for sure about the sub yet (it's quite heavy!). But I know I won't have the sub stand in time for that.
Linnofil wrote:That feels very cool Thomas! I really wish you good luck on the show. I'm pretty confident that with both you and Fredrik there, with the system you have planned, you will have the best system there by far.

That in turn should achieve the objective of raising awareness and selling more Lejonklou products in the US. I' m very happy if I will contribute (in a very small way) to that.
I copied this over here to reply rather than clogging up your stand thread.

When I did RMAF two years ago using medium priced Dynaudio speakers I had several people tell me that I was making the best sound of the show. But I didn't get any press nor really any sales I could track to the show. As it costs me over $5000 to display at the show I skipped it last year.

But keeping the Lejonklou HiFi and Nokturne Audio names in front of people has some value. So when the info for this year came around I thought about it again. I concluded that the only way it made sense was if Fredrik would join me in displaying. I think his presence could help make the difference.

But I'm pulling out all the stops. Part of that is the Boazu announcement, part of it is the announcement of the NOKTable and part is using the JBLs in disguise. Just having them there on your stands will certainly raise the musical quality from last time. But it will also get people asking: "What the heck are those?!"

Anything that gets us noticed in a positive way is a good thing. I suspect people will be blown away by the music made by a fully loaded LP12SE into various Lejonklou electronics and 3677s on Ofils.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Music Lover
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Music Lover »

NOKTable?
What have I missed...
It's all about musical understanding!
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Look forward to a pic of Boazu and NOKTable.

We Need a dedicated thread for NOKTable. Don't know what it is but a small LP12 table that's much cheaper than Harmoni and yet better than Archidee/AudioTech would be well received I think/hope.
ChrBea

Post by ChrBea »

Charlie1 wrote:Look forward to a pic of Boazu...
Hopefully only 2 more days till we get the news :)
LP12 Kore-KRad-Majik Tonearm-Slipsik 8 & KDS/3 > Sagatun & Tundra Monos 3 > A242
jlwdm

Post by jlwdm »

I am going to fly to Denver Friday for the day to just go to one room. I will see what this Boazu is all about.

Jeff
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

jlwdm wrote:I am going to fly to Denver Friday for the day to just go to one room. I will see what this Boazu is all about.
Hi Jeff!

That's fantastic! I have just checked in at the hotel and tomorrow Tom and I are going to rig the best system that's ever played at RMAF!
Music Lover
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Music Lover »

LP12/NOKTable + Lejonklou + 3677/Ofil stands = likely best yes.

Is the sub added as well?
macrotech2
Very active member
Very active member

Post by macrotech2 »

lejonklou wrote:
jlwdm wrote:I am going to fly to Denver Friday for the day to just go to one room. I will see what this Boazu is all about.
Hi Jeff!

That's fantastic! I have just checked in at the hotel and tomorrow Tom and I are going to rig the best system that's ever played at RMAF!
Good luck all. I like the (well deserved) confidence Fredrik!
Källa/Sagatun Mono Tarandus/Tundra Mono 3/Avalon Idea Mk2
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

One day to go and today we have the whole day to set up the equipment. As you know Fredrik and Boazu arrived safely. I did as well with 20+ hours of driving over two days, with a bit of a cold, and a van full of equipment, tools and records. Fredrik and I were well fed and rested and we head over shortly to unload the van and get stuff working.

I'm afraid no sub on this display this time. We discussed it but the extra complexity, not to mention the size and weight, made us decide against trying. It turned out it had the proverbial "snowballs' chance in hell" of fitting in the van anyway! :-). Even without that last octave of bass I expect us to make extraordinary music.
The LP12 Whisperer
Music Lover
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Music Lover »

When can we expect a pic of the setup, including Boazo?
Linnofil
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Linnofil »

lejonklou wrote:tomorrow Tom and I are going to rig the best system that's ever played at RMAF!
Great! Sounds like my kind of fun! Good luck for the show. I hope the audience realises what a treat they are getting! Enjoy the show and Denver, then when the show is over, we look forward to the report!
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Taking a short lunch break. We have everything in the room and we have been doing lots of experimenting. JBL crossover boxes sound better flat on their wood bottoms than with rubber feet. And they are better on a Tor than on the floor. But moving them to the floor while moving the Radikal from the Tor shelf to the Mimer was a still an improvement-source first.

Speakers are positioned and the system is sounding very good! The "secret grills" we're well received by Fredrik both visually and musically although he has grown fond of the raw appearance of the 3677s. Boazu is quite cool and the NOKTable once adjusted was quite good as well. We both agree that the Mimer K is very close but a little different but we are keeping the LP12s on the NOKTable.

RMAF is the place to be! Interesting to learn that at least three people are flying to the show just to visit our room. I hope the results will thrill then.
The LP12 Whisperer
jlwdm

Post by jlwdm »

The Boazu integrated amplifier announcement is up on the RMAF website now.

https://www.audiofest.net/lejonklou-hif ... room-1008/

Jeff
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

jlwdm wrote:The Boazu integrated amplifier announcement is up on the RMAF website now.

https://www.audiofest.net/lejonklou-hif ... room-1008/

Jeff
I thought somebody might just catch that.;-)
The LP12 Whisperer
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

Thomas,
I like the white grills for the 3677s.
Please, tell us something about.

Matt
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Quick coffee break here half way into the second day of the show. We're demonstrating from 9 am to 6 pm, mostly Boazu against Mono-Mono with all kinds of music.

While yesterday it felt like at least half of the visitors didn't "get it" and were rather looking for a polite audiophile sound and the other half (at most) really digging the groove, today the response has been just overwhelmingly positive!

Comments like "That was like being at a live concert!" to "Best system on the entire show as far as I'm concerned" and "Do you guys know that there isn't anything else sounding like this in this building?" is way more than I expected.

My most intense experience so far is when we played Godwhacker by Steely Dan at level 71, first on Boazu and then on Sagatun Mono-Tundra Mono, for a bunch of die-hard Steely Dan fans (one of them had heard Godwhacker live and apparently they've only performed it once).

/EDIT: I got carried away and temporarily forgot my policy of shutting up and letting others review my products.
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

Sounds like a truly wonderful venue - it would have been great to participate.

Best part of all is that, however good the Monos sound now, Tarandus will elevate all this to the very next level

It must be both exciting and exhausting to play these extended shows - but when visitors connect and get drawn into the music too that is so energetic and rewarding!
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
jlwdm

Post by jlwdm »

I flew from Dallas to Denver on Friday to meet Fredrik and Thomas and listen to the Lejonklou components and the JBL 3677 speakers.

As is clear from the forum they are both extremely knowledgeable and passionate about music and the best music reproduction. Fredrik was tapping his foot to the beat of every song that was played so it was hard to tell what he really liked. He brought a few albums that I had never heard of before.

The system was very impressive and although the Boazu was very impressive for the price the mono preamps and mono amps are clearly another level. As Fredrik said yesterday it was hard to get a feel for what people thought about the sound so I am glad to hear that today was an overwhelming success. I am sure the word was quietly spreading about the Lejonklou components and interest was building for today and tomorrow.

The JBL speakers sounded great and seem to be getting quite the following. There were a lot of questions about the speakers when I was there yesterday.

I did not say anything, but I was curious about Fredrik wearing a suit with cowboy boots. I have lived in Texas for almost 8 years and do not feel I am qualified to wear cowboy boots yet. I googled Sweden and cowboy boots to see if I was missing something, but all I could find was a mention that when Alexander Skarsgard was 8 he spent two months in Texas while his dad was making a movie and purchased cowboy boots. He wore the boots to school back in Sweden and the other kids made fun of him and he never wore them again. That was 30 years ago and maybe fashion in Sweden has changed or Fredrik is starting a new trend.

Congratulations to Fredrik on his continued success and new products and good luck to Thomas on his distribution and his new NOKTable.

I also enjoyed talking to Handoko, the Indonesian distributor of Lejonklou products, and another individual getting ready to try the JBL speakers.

Jeff
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

Hahaha, Freddie makes fabulous boxes he can wear stilettos for all I care! I had some cowboy boots when I was 18 but never owned a suit, probably why I didn't try that particular combo. Glad it's going well and we all hope it gains some sales for you.
ADS3/SagMono/Tundra 2.2- . Totem Tribe Tower.
Lejonklou demos available in the N of England.
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

I have really been enjoying reading about and listening to the setup at the show and wish you all the best of luck.
My latest findings with my system shows me that the better you can isolate the seperate parts of your hifi system from each other the better sound you will get (nothing new).
As the floor connects the whole system together my question is: Have you tried decoupling each section of the system from the floor with Linn Skeets or something similar?
Playing cd’s…………
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

jlwdm wrote:I flew from Dallas to Denver on Friday to meet Fredrik and Thomas and listen to the Lejonklou components and the JBL 3677 speakers.
Thank you for visiting, Jeff!

And thank you for your opinions about the system! Regarding my tapping the foot, I wasn't aware of it until reading your comment. Thomas then said I also played air guitar a couple of times and I just feel he must be exaggerating. I may have moved my fingers a little, no more than that. Regardless, I think I''d rather stay in this state of low self consciousness.

When it comes to the cowboy boots, I've always had a thing for them. Got my first pair at 20 and they lasted ten years until they fell apart. As hardly anyone wears them or have any relation to them in Sweden, there was nobody who could inform me I needed to qualify. :)
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

As to Fredriks' foot tapping, he really likes all of them. But once in a while you can see that he likes something even more. I have been playing The New Standard album I mentioned here before and it has been growing on Fredrik throughout the show. Yesterday I played the first track and Fredrik was sitting down playing some quite powerful air piano to it!

On the boots, I'm not sure everyone outside Texas has the same ideas of who should wear cowboy boots, which I have also been wearing at the show. I guess we're just a couple of space cowboys. ;-)
The LP12 Whisperer