Forum issues are discussed here

Conversations about Lejonklou Products and this Forum

Moderator: Staff

hcl
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Forum issues are discussed here

Post by hcl »

Moderation of this forum takes up on the heritage stamped out in east Germany during the cold war. It does not seem enough to post messages with bearing on the thread subject, one also has to conform with the general opinion of the moderators.

New thread.

From what I understand it was only the side mark of the original post that did not explicitly relate to the original thread. When trying to correct that my post was just deleted. Horrendeous moderation if you ask me.
Music Lover
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Music Lover »

Reading what hcl originally wrote in the exakt thread, I think the moderators overreacted a bit.
Clearly, no offence was intended from him.
And I also consider it worthwile adjusting speakers down to the very last mm. :)

And why should it not be ok to pass on dealer thoughts?
Is it same rule for (other) customer thoughts?
What about the wife...
If it's done with respect, as in this case, I'm fine!
According to me it gives a deeper insight.
I'm sure the forum members already understand that dealers have a "complicaded" situation in regards to Linn relationship.

To conclude I propose looking for good intensions and the overall context in posts - instead looking for somerhing to criticise!
And writing "I'm surpriced..." is a rather offensive way to express a different oppinion IMHO.
It's all about musical understanding!
Azazello
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Azazello »

hcl wrote:Moderation of this forum takes up on the heritage stamped out in east Germany during the cold war. It does not seem enough to post messages with bearing on the thread subject, one also has to conform with the general opinion of the moderators.

New thread.

From what I understand it was only the side mark of the original post that did not explicitly relate to the original thread. When trying to correct that my post was just deleted. Horrendeous moderation if you ask me.
First of all I would like to say that I find your parallel to East Germany a bit frivolous. This forum is not a country. You are free to not read it and get on with whatever you want to in your life other from taking up our time. That has absolutely nothing to do with what was going on in East Germany. Nothing. If I had ever lived in East Germany I'd probably be even more angry right now.

That being said I understand that the moderation here is perceived as tenacious at times. The issue have been raised several times before, but the ambition is always to keep the quality of the discussion as high as possible. And since it by far is the best forum in the world, I have to think that I am doing something right.

I honestly thought your remarks on Thomas posts where somewhat presumptive, as did a few other people. I therefore saw a danger in the Exakt thread turning into a quite useless side-debate about how good Thomas installation was when he did the comparison. So I created a new thread. Please feel free to use it, and while you do you might reflect upon how it would have felt if I instead had sent armed men in a dark car to pick you up in front of your kids never to return. That kind of stuff went on in East Germany. Actually it still happens in many countries in the world today.
Azazello
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Azazello »

Music Lover wrote:Reading what hcl originally wrote in the exakt thread, I think the moderators overreacted a bit.
And I also consider it worthwile adjusting speakers down to the very last mm. :)

What about the wife...
I'm sure the forum members already understand that dealers have a "complicaded" situation in regards to Linn relationship.

To conclude I propose looking for good intensions and the overall context in posts - instead looking for somerhing to criticise!
And writing "I'm surpriced..." is a rather offensive way to express a different oppinion IMHO.
I agree that this was a close call and that I should have expressed myself differently regarding Anders. However I didn't want Thomas excellent posts do be drowned by the quite useless debate that was going to start. I have seen that happen too many times in other places, and I'm not going to let that be the case here.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Music Lover wrote:Reading what hcl originally wrote in the exakt thread, I think the moderators overreacted a bit.

What about the wife...

I agree with ML comments.

This whole matter has been an unusual one for the forum. Usually things are more cordial with a sense of working together to gain better understanding.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Yes, incidents like these are thankfully unusual. And I agree with the spirit of looking for good intentions and overall spirit. Thank you for that reminder! I will keep it in mind as we continue our discussions.

The moderation on this forum is indeed tougher than most. This is intentional, as it eliminates all the nonsense that plagues other forums. On some, there is constant fighting. On others there's meaningless chat and jokes, or people trying to impress on each other. On others there's repeated questioning of basic principles (can you really tell the difference between ... ?) All of this attracts fools and scares away the true enthusiasts and experts.

On our forum, old threads are really worth reading because they're filled with information, useful tips and contributing comments. And this is in my opinion largely thanks to the swift moderation.

It's inevitable that there will occasionally be close calls and debate. I have such confidence in the moderation, however, that I don't interfere with it, and instead keep my focus on production and development.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Help!

Is there anyone familiar with phpBB3 forums and how the member/rank/group/etc system is organised? It's apparently designed to require the reading of endless instructions before one can begin altering it.

If you are, please drop me a line! I just want to simplify it so that it's as simple as we had it before. New members don't have pm privileges - this is to prevent spam. Then a member can be easily moved to the common group with full permissions.
bugi666
Very active member
Very active member

Post by bugi666 »

Are the private messages being sent instantaneously? I can see them sitting in the "outbox" folder for some time now, I wonder if it's the new forum functionality or I do something wrong ? ;)
Majik DS > CXA60 > crappy speakers...
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

bugi666 wrote:Are the private messages being sent instantaneously? I can see them sitting in the "outbox" folder for some time now, I wonder if it's the new forum functionality or I do something wrong ? ;)
When you send a pm, it's moved (instantaneously) to your Outbox. And at the same time it appears in the recipients Inbox. When the recipient has read your message, it will be moved from your Outbox to your Sentbox.

This is not a new function, it's always been this way on the Lejonklou forum.
bugi666
Very active member
Very active member

Post by bugi666 »

Thanks for clarification Fredrik! I wasn't sure if the recipients are actually getting the PMs.
Majik DS > CXA60 > crappy speakers...
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Since the new forum was released in February this year, we've had some problems with member permissions - specifically personal messages (pm:s). I've asked around for help, but it seems nobody really understands the structure of phpBB3, where these settings exist on several interrelated levels. A degree of overcomplication I have not come across in a long while!

Today Andreas at Spire AB (bloody excellent webdesigners) helped me sort things out. Apparently a bunch of new members have had their pm:s entirely switched off - despite the group Newly Registered Users having them enabled.

Hopefully this is now sorted. The following should apply - and please do tell me if they don't:

1. As a Newly Registered User, you can read pm's, but not post any. This is to prevent spam by pm. If you contact the administration, we can upgrade you to a Registered User.

2. As a Registered User, you have full permission to read and post pm's.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Hi Fredrik, will email notification of a new PM be returning any time?
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

I still don't get them either.
ADS3/SagMono/Tundra 2.2- . Totem Tribe Tower.
Lejonklou demos available in the N of England.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

You're right. I have not been able to find the problem.

Email notifications are enabled, but for some reason they don't come out.
Ozzzy189
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Ozzzy189 »

Ahhh, I thought I was being daft! Lol, I didn't want people to think I was being rude!
ADS3/SagMono/Tundra 2.2- . Totem Tribe Tower.
Lejonklou demos available in the N of England.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

I might have solved it. At least it works for me now.

Please note that the standard setting is that no emails are sent out, so check this in your User Control Panel:

Open User Control Panel
Go to Board Preference
Choose Edit Notification Options
At the bottom of the page, you have "Someone sends you a private message". Tick the left box, under "Email"

When you've done this, you can send me a pm. I will reply and you'll see if you get an email notifying you of a new pm.
kg648

Post by kg648 »

Perfect, thank you - I have been trying to work this out for ages and for some reason never came across this option. :)

Thanks.
moog_man

Post by moog_man »

lejonklou wrote:I might have solved it. At least it works for me now.

Please note that the standard setting is that no emails are sent out, so check this in your User Control Panel:

Open User Control Panel
Go to Board Preference
Choose Edit Notification Options
At the bottom of the page, you have "Someone sends you a private message". Tick the left box, under "Email"

When you've done this, you can send me a pm. I will reply and you'll see if you get an email notifying you of a new pm.

hmmm, As requested, I sent a message - indicating in my Sent messages folder as:
"Sent: 2015-05-06 22:17"
And the recipient's name remains in red. Shall I assume that means it hasn't been read/ received yet?
LP12_Radikal/2_Keel_Karousel_Ittok III_Akiva. Ak Tuner. UDP-205. Kontrol/2. Solo_Ak 212. 2250_Ak 225
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

moog_man wrote:hmmm, As requested, I sent a message - indicating in my Sent messages folder as:
And the recipient's name remains in red. Shall I assume that means it hasn't been read/ received yet?
Hi moog!

Unread messages stay in the Outbox. When messages appear in the Sentbox, they have been read. I have no idea what 'name in red' means.

I am also unsure of what you mean by 'As requested, I sent a message'. Requested by who? You didn't send it to me, did you?
moog_man

Post by moog_man »

lejonklou wrote:
moog_man wrote:hmmm, As requested, I sent a message - indicating in my Sent messages folder as:
Hi moog!

Unread messages stay in the Outbox. When messages appear in the Sentbox, they have been read. I have no idea what 'name in red' means.

I am also unsure of what you mean by 'As requested, I sent a message'. Requested by who? You didn't send it to me, did you?
hi Fredrik !
Yes, I sent the message to you - as I understood to be your request above:
http://www.lejonklou.com/forum/viewtopi ... 351#p22209
"When you've done this, you can send me a pm. I will reply and you'll see if you get an email notifying you of a new pm."

Hope I'm making sense...
LP12_Radikal/2_Keel_Karousel_Ittok III_Akiva. Ak Tuner. UDP-205. Kontrol/2. Solo_Ak 212. 2250_Ak 225
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

My mistake! Apologies!! Wrote a reply but didn't send it.

Now you should have a new pm from me.

That my name appears in red is because I'm an administrator.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Forum statistics

Post by lejonklou »

lejonklou wrote:After Michael Fremer's rave review of our moving magnet phono stages Slipsik 5.1 and KINKI3, in the October issue of Stereophile, visits to this forum have gone through the roof.

From between 600 and 700 individual visits per day on average, it's now over 2000. Every day!

I am happy and surprised. Many thanks to Michael Fremer and Thomas O'Keefe (well known North American distributor who supplied Stereophile with what they needed) for this boost.

And a big Thank You to everyone who contributes to the growing pool of knowledge that we're gathering in here. This forum is so much more than a simple chat forum with random opinions.
It's a resource.
I wrote the above four years ago. And while it's been unusually quiet in here during October and also now in November, I found to my suprise that the number of individual visits to this forum is still between 1500 and 1600 every day.

During the summer, when more posts were written, visits actually went down near 1200/day.

Since then, the number of visits have been rising every month. But they are short in duration, because not that much is posted.

So now you know: You have an audience!
rowlandhills
Very active member
Very active member

Post by rowlandhills »

Has something changed recently in forum settings? For the last week or two I keep being logged out from my phone (not my laptop) and having to re-enter my username/password each time I visit.

Using Chrome on an iPhone (latest versions of both - well, iOS 9.2, not yet upgraded to 9.3).
KRDSM, Tundra to 242s
Silvers, K400, Hutter rack
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Has not happened on my iPhone with 9.2 and Safari.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Nothing has been changed.

I'm not being logged out either.