SOLD - FS:Linn Aktiv Klouts and Tukans

Moderator: Staff

stevew

SOLD - FS:Linn Aktiv Klouts and Tukans

Post by stevew »

For Sale
Aktiv Klouts ,Serial nos. 710286 and 681012. Cross over boards fitted, one with treble, other with bass - to suit Tukan drivers.
Tukans have drilled holes in back where dedicated stands attached (also available)
Aktiv Tukans. Pretty easy job to make 'passive' again if needed...although that would be silly. These are extremely musical active speakers.

All in original boxes.
All in fair condition, a few nicks and bumps.. and the Tukan Socks have some tears which can be tucked out of the way. One of the Tukan rubber bands that holds the sock has split, but doesn't notice when fitted, as they tuck away into a groove. That's dust on the pics (I'll get the Pledge out !)
Can demo, but would need a bit of notice to set them all up again.
Working extremely well.. collection preferred, or could probably deliver within reasonable distance of north west England.
Or work out carriage costs.
Looking for £1750 (plus delivery if required)
Last edited by stevew on 2011-05-20 20:56, edited 1 time in total.
stevew

Post by stevew »

Not a flicker of interest !
Possibly too high a price... in view of which now reduced to £1500.
Given that the 'bay has several klouts on for £800+, this has got to be a bargain..
Aktiv klouts complete with cards and fantastic sounding Tukans to match.
haraldur

Post by haraldur »

The Tukans are now located in Scandinavia. Unfortunely i didn´t manage to get them all the way home with the courier due lack of my cell phone number and the fact that we moved to the summer house.

I will try to avoid listening to those beauties to much as i might have to keep them!

Please let the thread be unlocked for a while longer as i intend to sell them before i get in love with them.

If there are any interrest in buying them please give me a PM or email me niclas.lu@bredband.net.

Klouts will soon have a heavy job,pushing the bass drivers back and forth in my Keltiks :-)
Remove links or BANG!
haraldur

Post by haraldur »

It finally seems that i have sold the Tukans and i must say that it is not a pure positive feeling about having done that. Those small speakers have spread joy around my cabin during this summer. A friend of mine borrowed the Klouts and my Keltik monocards and menawhile i returned the Tukans to passive and fed them through a LK85 and a Wakonda.

A really simple but tuneful combination that vere touching the listener,i must have been playing all of Johnny Cash´s songs at least one time this summer...

Hard to tell where to go from here,the Sondek might perhaps get a Radikal and a retipped Troika but to be honest,the simplier the better!
Remove links or BANG!
stevew

Post by stevew »

Good to hear you have recouped your shipping costs at last !
I know the feeling. Those Tukans really were special. I always thought it a shame that Linn didn't make it easier to use the latest generation of amps to keep older speakers active.
But then, I guess in commercial terms they need to keep generating demand.