[SOLD]Ekos/Lingo LP12 in Superb Condition (Serviced)

Moderator: Staff

Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

[SOLD]Ekos/Lingo LP12 in Superb Condition (Serviced)

Post by Charlie1 »

Superb condition Linn Sondek LP12 for sale.

This 1992-spec deck was purchased from and built by Colin Macey at What You See and Hear 3-4 years ago. It was built with a new oak plinth (now £775 RRP), new outer platter, new AC motor, new top-plate (with motor stud), new lid, new belt, and new felt mat. The deck has been kept out of direct sunlight so the oak has not discoloured. The deck was last seen by Colin a few months ago for a new Audio Technica VM95ML cartridge.

The Lingo 1 is a fairly rare late version with black on/off switch, serial 608,129. It will date to the early 2,000s but has already been serviced by Darran Harden at Class A using Linn-supplied components (4-5 years ago). Comes with original Linn mains lead.

The Ekos 2 tonearm is a particularly good sounding example. It's a late model, serial number 9,657 with original box, so it is still serviceable by Linn. I can't recall the cut off serial for Ekos servicing but my dealer confirmed this one is fine. It's also been fitted with a Linn T-Kable - not sure if it came as standard or was an upgrade.

The deck is fitted with a black liner bearing (first introduced 1987) with very low wear.

Everything works perfectly and the deck sounds superb with Linn/Naim equipment of that period. Colin has marked the belt with an arrow to show correct orientation.

I'm including a new LP12 box - these cost about £60 new. I don't have the original Lingo box.

£3,395 with collection from Oxfordshire only please.

Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Re: [SOLD]Ekos/Lingo LP12 in Superb Condition (Serviced)

Post by Charlie1 »

Now sold