*Sold* Linn Sondek LP12/Lingo/Ekos $2500 o.n.o.

Moderator: Staff

markiteight

*Sold* Linn Sondek LP12/Lingo/Ekos $2500 o.n.o.

Post by markiteight »

- Linn Sondek LP12, late 1980's build with corner braced black non-fluted plinth.
- Ekos Mk.1 tonearm.
- Late LK style Lingo power supply with surface mount components.
- Trampolin 2 baseboard.
- Cirkus bearing
- Silver T-Kable tonearm cable
- Recent (2020) tuneup by me, including new belt, bearing oil, springs/grommets, and setting all fasteners to optimum torque.

This deck is in wonderful physical and mechanical condition and has been played sparingly since a full teardown and rebuild in 2008 by a seasoned LP12 expert at my local Linn dealer. At that time a new Cirkus bearing, Trampoline 2, and silver T-Kable was installed, Ekos bearings were checked using the "swing test" and were excellent.

Issues:
- Ekos tonearm exhibits the sticky VTF adjuster that is common with these tonearms. It does not affect the arm's performance or the operation of the VTF system. It just sticks a bit the first time it's turned.
- Factory rubber bumpers on the corners of the clear plexiglass dust cover are missing and replaced with small rubber pads fixed to the top of the plinth. This was done prior to my ownership and has functioned fine, so I haven't been bothered to change it.

A lot of time has been spent fully optimizing this deck for maximum musical performance. In addition to precision torquing all the fasteners the best platter orientation has been found and lightly marked in pencil, as has the best belt orientation.

Includes:
- Factory boxes and packaging for deck, arm, and power supply
-Protective cover by S-Covers
- Additional Black tonearm cable with BNC termination for use with Naim equipment
- NOS older factory belt

Asking $2500 obo.

**Cartridge has been sold**

markiteight

Re: Linn Sondek LP12/Lingo/Ekos $2500 o.n.o.

Post by markiteight »

Now $2500