Linn Klout serial numbers 50xx

Moderator: Staff

Zee9

Linn Klout serial numbers 50xx

Post by Zee9 »

This Klout has been the pride and Joy of my 3rd system. Best suited to be driven with a kairn as that’s the only preamp with a 12v trigger to switch the Klouts in standby. This was Linn’s reference amplifier before the klimax and although I didn’t believe it until I actually bought one this amp just has some magic about it. I have tried a lot of amplifiers from linn and if you are using any of the non 3k array speakers it does not get better than this amplifier. That’s probably the reason that most owners don’t want to sell their Klouts.

I’ve heard that recapping them brings back an original sparkle but also know someone who did a recapping and totally regretted it so I have been apprehensive about the recapping. I also don’t know anyone trustworthy in my area who has a reputation for re-capping Klouts.

My experience with the linn Kabers (one of the best linn speakers in my opinion) has been that this amp is perfect match for the kaber. I’ve tried majik level, akurate level and various other linn amps but nothing can come close to this amplifier from the range of Linn amplifiers. I wish I had three to try the kabers Aktiv with 3 Klouts but never managed to find a third one. I can’t complain because I prefer my kabers passive with one Klout over aktiv with 3 akurate amps. I’m not saying that the akurate amps are bad but the klout is just my preference.

My main system has integrated speakers so can’t use this amp with them. The 2nd Klout (now sold) was used in my bedroom with a mint pair of linn Kan II’s and if you have not heard Kans on a linn klout you’re really missing out.

Comes with power chord. No box and these amps are really heavy. Price is for each Klout. Local pickup and demo is possible. Located in NJ 07047

USD 1100

US OR BRITISH POWER CHORD INCLUDED,

pay pal via friends and family or PayPal fees at buyers expense.
SHIPPING WITH INSURANCE AT BUYERS EXPENSE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Zee9 on 2023-01-03 13:23, edited 1 time in total.
LR: LP12/Selekt/Tundra 2.5/kabers
BR: WiiM/Tundra 2.2/Kan II
Studio: Genki/Kairn/5105/Kabers+RelT7i
Zee9

Re: Linn Klout (1 of 2) serial numbers 50xx

Post by Zee9 »

First klout is now spoken for.

One still available.
LR: LP12/Selekt/Tundra 2.5/kabers
BR: WiiM/Tundra 2.2/Kan II
Studio: Genki/Kairn/5105/Kabers+RelT7i
Zee9