SOLD: CD12

Moderator: Staff

JW

SOLD: CD12

Post by JW »

With the deal done on a Klimax DS I cannot justify hanging on to my CD12, even though I have the nagging feeling that I might really miss it once it's gone :cry:

So, up for grabs is my well cared for CD12. It's spent its entire life in a smoke-free environment. It was serviced by Linn & has received a new laser a few years ago.

I think there's no need to tell you how great it is, and the anecdote at the beginning of this Stereophile review still makes me chuckle :D

This one has the 20-bit converters, and it comes with
- original aluminium flight case
- original remote control
- original packaging
- user manual

Of course it sounds wonderful, and the casework is in excellent condition (no scratches).

Serial number available on request.

Asking price: €4600 or £3950 (excluding shipping)

I'm located in the Netherlands, but I go over to the UK regularly, so could possibly handcarry it there instead of shipping.

I'm also listing this on a Dutch hifi site.

JW
Last edited by JW on 2009-09-07 09:15, edited 1 time in total.
KDSM Organik, KCT, Sonus Faber Olympica Nova III
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

That calculates out to about $6600US. I have to say it seems like a shame to see such a wonderful machine selling for so little.

Not too long after the CD12 was discontinued I noticed that used prices had gone up from the typical $9000 to $10,000 range to sell at more like $12,000 or $13,000. Considering that it is still the best CD player I have heard by a considerable margin, and also considering Linn made a limited run of 10 of them about a year ago for $30,000US each (one of which we sold), that seems like a fairer price range. But with the current economy, and with the superior DS products, I suppose it is to be expected.
JW

Post by JW »

I hate to see it go, but once the DS gets here the CD12 would only see occasional use :roll:
Ah well, this should give somebody a chance to experience owning a chunk of Linn history for a relatively modest financial outlay.

JW
JW

Post by JW »

*SOLD*

If I could figure out how to lock this thread, I would... :oops:

JW
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

You can't lock it yourself. But the administrator (me) and the moderators can.