Linn Majik 140s in oak with upgrade bases - £1050 (manufactured October 2011) - SOLD

Moderator: Staff

marcusjb

Linn Majik 140s in oak with upgrade bases - £1050 (manufactured October 2011) - SOLD

Post by marcusjb »

Some will remember me as an old partner at What You See And Hear with Colin and Steve (I sold out of the business around 5 years ago now).

New house really isn't lending itself to having a big Linn system (other than that, best move I ever made!) and it seems daft still having this in boxes 18 months after moving. I'm lucky to have a smaller Majik system in my office and that is where I do the vast majority of my listening. Whilst it's tempting to put the Klimax electronics in there, the house that 'needed no work doing to it' does, of course, now want a new bathroom, so it's time to see if a few things can go somewhere where they will get the use that they deserve.

Here's a pair of Majik 140s in oak.

All original boxes and packaging is present (please note, there's a little bit of mould damage on the boxes - this is only the boxes from being in storage when the speakers are in use. The speakers have never been stored anywhere damp etc.!). I do not however, have the packaging for the upgrade bases.

All photos are shown with the original bases attached and without spikes.

Speaker shorting bars are currently split for bi-wiring.

The bungs have never been used, but are all present and correct. All spikes etc. (I'll even include 8 Skeets).

2K arrays have always been protected with their covers when moving etc.

Both speakers have a few small marks:
Speaker 1:
small scuff near the 2K array
longer scuff on right-hand side
Small split on the laminate on back edge
a series of small scratches in the top, the exact size of a large cat's paw who has misjudged a jump.....

Speaker 2:
2 small parallel scratches on left-hand side

All the scratches/scuff would easily french-polish out.

Upgrade stands have a couple of scuffs to the fronts.

Fantastic speakers that I will miss greatly - but they just won't work with the house layout without really compromising on our flow between rooms etc.

Currently only able to look at shipping within the UK or collection from Hope Valley in the Peak District (collection/meeting halfway much more preferable to shipping)

Drop me a message with any questions.

Last edited by marcusjb on 2021-04-03 10:59, edited 1 time in total.
GruvrG

Re: Linn Majik 140s in oak with upgrade bases - £1050 (manufactured October 2011)

Post by GruvrG »

PM sent