SPACE Optimisation Measurement for Your Speakers

Moderator: Staff

sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

SPACE Optimisation Measurement for Your Speakers

Post by sunbeamgls »

If you have a pair of speakers that are not currently in Linn's list of speakers measured for SPACE Optimisation, but would like to be able to use SPACE, read on...

Measurement of your speakers and adding to Linn's SPACE Optimisation list is now available. By having your speakers measured you can benefit from Linn's room optimisation software, counteracting room modes that cause boominess, to bring additional clarity to your music. Linn doesn't cover many speakers but you can have yours added to the list of measured speakers.

Various prices according to the complexity of the speaker and shipping of the speaker or visiting to your place etc.

This is a non-invasive measurement system so there is no dismantling of your speaker required.

"Impressive results with the new Linn SPACE Optimisation and Graham Audio BBC monitor loudspeakers" say Manchester hifi dealer brianandtrevors.

"More open, better soundstage, a satisfied customer" says Donuk, forum member.

PM for pricing details for your speakers.

The list of currently available measured speakers is here (scroll down the page): https://www.linn.co.uk/technology/space ... -the-music
If you're speakers are not in the list then we can probably help to add them.
Last edited by sunbeamgls on 2019-01-07 13:33, edited 5 times in total.
KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Re: SPACE Optimisation for Your Speakers

Post by Defender »

thats interesting ... is that something which is part of the new developments at Linn and something Linn dealers offer as a service now?

and if yes will the measurements find the way in the „official“ list of measured loudspeakers?
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

Its a service I can offer. The measurements are uploaded to Linn who then add them to the list of speakers available in Konfig (and the new online SO v2) as 'measured for SO'.
Trained by Philbo :)
KSH/0; KEBox/2; 3x Tundra Stereo 2.5; PMC fact.12. Blogger. Exakt Design. SO measuring.
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

unfortunately you are living in a too far away country as I am from Germany. Do you know if there are dealers in Germany which can offer the same service?

cheers
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

Defender wrote:unfortunately you are living in a too far away country as I am from Germany. Do you know if there are dealers in Germany which can offer the same service?

cheers
As far as I'm aware, there isn't anyone else offering this service, but as I say, as far as I'm aware.
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

thank you very much
its a pitty - I think that would be a nice strategy for Linn to get more loudspeakers into the list and at the same time make a benefit for more and more customers to get more out of their Linn systems.

Even groups of people with the same loudspeakerscould share the costs for the measurement.
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Re: SPACE Optimisation Measurement for Your Speakers

Post by sunbeamgls »

The following speakers have been measured and uploaded to Linn for use in any DS or DSM:

ATC SCM50SL
Gauder Akustik Isophon Corvara
Graham Audio 5/8
Graham Audio 5/9
Heybrook HB3 Mk 1
Mission 773e
PMC Twenty.21
PMC Twenty.C
Q Acoustics Concept 20 and
Totem Model 1 Signature

We're therefore already experienced in measuring a wide range of speakers. Yours could be next.
Last edited by sunbeamgls on 2019-01-07 13:31, edited 1 time in total.
DoomHammer

Post by DoomHammer »

Is it possible to apply this to passive Linn Klimax 320?
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

DoomHammer wrote: 2018-12-21 11:08 Is it possible to apply this to passive Linn Klimax 320?
The Linn Klimax 320 is already available in the list of SPACE measured speakers, so the work has already been done.
jwn

Post by jwn »

If you ever visit The Netherlands and the price is right than I am more than willing to let you have a go at my Magnepan 20.7 loudspeakers. I assume it is possible for planars? The reason I ask is that I understand that they are somewhat hard to measure (and even Devialet has no Maggies on their SAM list).
donuk
Very active member
Very active member

Post by donuk »

I can confirm that Sunbeam is real, genuine, and delivers the goods.
Mine are the Totem Model One Signatures on the list.

Donuk sunny downtown York
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

jwn wrote: 2018-12-26 21:45 If you ever visit The Netherlands and the price is right than I am more than willing to let you have a go at my Magnepan 20.7 loudspeakers. I assume it is possible for planars? The reason I ask is that I understand that they are somewhat hard to measure (and even Devialet has no Maggies on their SAM list).
An interesting one jwn. I've reached out to Linn to check on how to approach this category of speaker. I will PM you and let you know what their advice would be and take it from there.
Paaf
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Paaf »

What is the SPACE Optimisation exactly? An EQ?
Does it improve sound and/or tune?
How does it calculate the room modes?
Edit: oops, just noticed that this is sales, let me know if you want me to delete my post.
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

Paaf wrote: 2018-12-27 18:38 What is the SPACE Optimisation exactly? An EQ?
Does it improve sound and/or tune?
How does it calculate the room modes?
Edit: oops, just noticed that this is sales, let me know if you want me to delete my post.
Some say its an improvement to musicality, some disagree. I just offer the opportunity to extend the option to try it. For what it's worth, I find that most default and some dealer implementations completely miss the benefits it can bring.

FYI, most of your questions would have been addressed by the now defunct Linn forum. Unfortunately all you now have is Linn marketing, which is something of a compromise.
If you research room modes you will find out what SPACE attempts to address. From there you will see that it is a very focussed EQ but supposedly without the downsides of a traditional analogue approach. Its calculations of room modes are very good. The way it addresses them is the challenge. Some experienced adjustments can make a huge difference to its effectiveness.
ygorali

Post by ygorali »

Let me know if you ever visit Turkey. I have a pair of Infinity RS2B.

Thanks
sunbeamgls
Very active member
Very active member

Post by sunbeamgls »

Where in Turkey?
Istanbul later this year!
glenavydrongo

Post by glenavydrongo »

If you ever travel to NI, I would be interested. Full Linn Klimax Solo system, but speakers are not on the list.

Regards

D