Audiowoof scam alert

Moderator: Staff

wonky1969

Audiowoof scam alert

Post by wonky1969 »

Just a heads up,the fake/scam sellers are now on Audiowoof.
Please exercise caution when replying to adverts there,a few pertinent questions should make them obvious.
Apologies to the genuine sellers there
maffe
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Audiowoof scam alert

Post by maffe »

Thx for the heads up!
Have you reported this to admin on Audiowoof?
wonky1969

Post by wonky1969 »

Audiowoof is not moderated,I told the faker I have reported to the relevant authorities,and the listing is removed,no coincidence me thinks.
I have also posted on the Linn forums,to make as many aware as possible
pidge22
Very active member
Very active member

Post by pidge22 »

I would say its that bad there are more products from scammers than genuine products....
KDSM2,Klimax Solo's/1,Lp12,Keel,Radikal/1,Aro,Kandid,Tron Seven,Akurate 242's
maffe
Very active member
Very active member

Post by maffe »

wonky1969 wrote:Audiowoof is not moderated,I told the faker I have reported to the relevant authorities,and the listing is removed,no coincidence me thinks.
Well someone owns and controls the site ;)
Mail the site owner and let them know, so they can block IP from scammers. Might not help that much, but good for the owner of the site to have som feedback :)
Azazello
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Azazello »

wonky1969 wrote:Audiowoof is not moderated,I told the faker I have reported to the relevant authorities,and the listing is removed,no coincidence me thinks.
Where did you get the idea that AudioWoof is "not moderated"? Ads that are assessed as fraudulent are deleted on a daily basis. You can reach the staff at info@audiowoof.com if you have concerns.

You always have to be very careful if you are buying audio gear second hand online. You can find a page with general advice here: https://www.audiowoof.com/safety.php
Azazello
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Azazello »

We have now implemented a routine where we screen all ads before they are published. This is of course no guarantee, but at least most of the trollish spam-fraud will go away.
rsaudio

Post by rsaudio »

Hello
Beware you are selling Audiowoof products that do not exist and for several times receive money later do not send equipment like this on the link:

https://www.audiowoof.com/show_ad.php?AdId=3481

says to be a 76 year old but it's a lie is theft fraud

Name and email used:

Anton Mazzon - aa4003417@gmail.com
Salon1Audio

Post by Salon1Audio »

I was notified of yet another scam an AudioWoof.
https://www.audiowoof.com/show_ad.php?AdId=3873

The seller copied our AudiogoN ad word for word and used one of our photos. Unfortunately someone already sent him money and paypal is involved in going after him. The seller is claiming he 'really has the speakers and he'll be shipping them soon'. It's ironic his english is so poor yet the ad was written in clear English...by me!.

I've contacted Audiowoof twice as had the buyer and yet the ad is still running.....

I'd avoid this site unless you can actually speak to a legitimate seller....in which case they'd be using a mainstream site like AudiogoN anyway.