Linn AV5103 Late DTS model Pre-map/Processor

Moderator: Staff

macrotech2
Very active member
Very active member

Linn AV5103 Late DTS model Pre-map/Processor

Post by macrotech2 »

Silver, blue display, in fully working condition with AV5101 remote. Original box and manuals.
Includes the never used AV5101 remote.

Contrary to my earlier ad, I've now confirmed that all the front panel buttons are working.

This was Linn's first attempt at a pre-amp/processor (or System Controller as they called it) and was their best pre-amp at the time, being significantly superior to the Kairn. It was only bettered by the original Klimax Kontrol.

Ideal for pre-amp duties only, as a Kairn or earlier Linn pre-amp upgrade, but also has optical and coax inputs and will process basic Dolby Digital and DTS.

A bargain at £300 ono.
Källa/Sagatun Mono Tarandus/Tundra Mono 3/Avalon Idea Mk2
kct

Re: Linn AV5103 Late DTS model Pre-map/Processor

Post by kct »

I too have one of these for sale on pinkfish. If people only realised how good the preamp in these is, they would be snapped up for that reason alone. A secret too well kept it would seem. The DAC is amazing as well, good with TV. Good luck with your sale
macrotech2
Very active member
Very active member

Post by macrotech2 »

Thanks. I completely agree. I think it was £4250 new, but now hardly any value. Like a lot of Linn kit though, once it's superseded.
macrotech2
Very active member
Very active member

Post by macrotech2 »

macrotech2 wrote:Silver, blue display, in fully working condition with AV5101 remote. Original box and manuals.
Includes the never used AV5101 remote.

Contrary to my earlier ad, I've now confirmed that all the front panel buttons are working.

This was Linn's first attempt at a pre-amp/processor (or System Controller as they called it) and was their best pre-amp at the time, being significantly superior to the Kairn. It was only bettered by the original Klimax Kontrol.

Ideal for pre-amp duties only, as a Kairn or earlier Linn pre-amp upgrade, but also has optical and coax inputs and will process basic Dolby Digital and DTS.

A bargain at £300 ono.
Now reduced to £275. Someone is missing out on an absolute bargain here!