Linn K350P Passive Speakers - SOLD

Moderator: Staff

wolfman

Linn K350P Passive Speakers - SOLD

Post by wolfman »

For sale here are my lovely Cherry 350P’s , They are in great condition and working perfectly ….. forthcoming house move means I have to thin down my collection of hifi components …. So these can now be moved on to someone who I believe will enjoy them for a long time to come .

I am selling these complete with all the proper Linn packaging for the speakers and the bases .

Retail on these Passive versions is still well over £20k on Linn’s current pricelist

I am asking £7000

These could be a cheap option to buy and use as a base to then upgrade to Exact if that’s how you want to go …. Although I would keep them and add a Twin or a pair of Solo’s for audio nirvana …. They do sound Sublime .

Pickup preferred , I am in Leeds , UK .....or i could possibly deliver for a price agreeable to myself and the buyer …. payment method can be discussed to suit both parties ….. please come and have a look , you wont be disappointed in these speakers condition or sound .

Any other questions or details needed , please ask …. and they are advertised for sale on other sites and papers as well .

I was not offering shipping as an option .... just because i have had bad experiences with shippers before .... although i have had a few questions asking about shipping options .... So i guess an option for those interested would be to arrange your own courier and insurance to whatever value you wanted to risk .... that way you buy the speakers , i get paid and box them up in the proper Linn boxes and your courier arrives and takes them away... and i have no further liability .

Details for the speakers are as follows :-

Speakers - 2x boxes each @ 63Kgs and 62 x 42 x 118cms and

Bases - 2x boxes each @ 18Kgs and 53 x 63 x 6cms .

collection postcode is LS12 3UZ if you need it to get quotes .

I am going to be listing some more items soon as well …. Because we are going to be moving house this summer , and my better half correctly mentions , frequently , that all these hobby items I have lying around are just taking up space and are extra things that need to be boxed and moved etc …
170A5964.JPG
170A5933.JPG
170A5931.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by wolfman on 2017-05-08 18:09, edited 1 time in total.
wolfman

Re: Linn K350P Passive Speakers

Post by wolfman »

170A5939.JPG
170A5937.JPG
170A5935.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

170A5940.JPG
170A5945.JPG
170A5958.JPG
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

170A5959.JPG
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

Bump
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

Need some help here folks .... Surely these cant be overpriced at this price .... these speakers are awesome value for money now .....

cheers

Ian
Sound Hound

Post by Sound Hound »

I feel your pain Wolfman - I myself recently struggled to get £7500 for my Stunning Piano Black K350Ps. What can I say? - Strange times indeed :-(
Peter Lanky

Post by Peter Lanky »

They appear to be beautiful speakers, and I would love to have them myself, but the size must be an issue with many people. Our lounge is a reasonable size at 18' x 12', but they would just dominate and probably like many others, the 'other half' will tolerate the cost but not the bulk.
KDS/3 - 2 x Tundra Mono - Graham Audio LS5/9f
Music Lover
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Music Lover »

Peter Lanky wrote:They appear to be beautiful speakers, and I would love to have them myself, but the size must be an issue with many people. Our lounge is a reasonable size at 18' x 12', but they would just dominate and probably like many others, the 'other half' will tolerate the cost but not the bulk.
I understand if a rack full of boxes/cables is considered ugly, but these gorgeous speakers?

And furnitures are apparently ok but but not these well designed speakers?
For me, that's rather strange...
It's all about musical understanding!
Music Lover
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Music Lover »

Peter Lanky wrote: the 'other half' will tolerate the cost but not the bulk.
I have a plan.
Buy a pair of 212's för 2k, tell the wife they are 10k and spend the rest on a source upgrade :)
Peter Lanky

Post by Peter Lanky »

Music Lover wrote:
Peter Lanky wrote:They appear to be beautiful speakers, and I would love to have them myself, but the size must be an issue with many people. Our lounge is a reasonable size at 18' x 12', but they would just dominate and probably like many others, the 'other half' will tolerate the cost but not the bulk.
I understand if a rack full of boxes/cables is considered ugly, but these gorgeous speakers?

And furnitures are apparently ok but but not these well designed speakers?
For me, that's rather strange...
It's the depth of them that's the issue, not the aesthetics. They would protrude another 6" into the room over my Majik 140s which though might not seem so much on paper but is quite significant in reality, and even then they would still be close to a wall.

It's rather like when you walk into some rooms and see a 60" TV and think, 'that's far too large for the room'. It works for some and the domination doesn't matter to them, but domestic harmony is quite important to me ;)

I could just about get away with a pair of Akubariks, but they're not yet cheap enough on the s/h market. My other item on my wish list is a Klimax Twin, which I can easily get away with, but waiting for the right one to come onto the market, so may have a long wait. Why are they never black though when they do appear?
KDS/3 - 2 x Tundra Mono - Graham Audio LS5/9f
ChrBea

Post by ChrBea »

Peter Lanky wrote: Why are they never black though when they do appear?
Get a Tundra Stereo or Tundra Monos. They are black ;)
LP12 Kore-KRad-Majik Tonearm-Slipsik 8 & KDS/3 > Sagatun & Tundra Monos 3 > A242
Music Lover
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Music Lover »

ChrBea wrote:
Peter Lanky wrote: Why are they never black though when they do appear?
Get a Tundra Stereo or Tundra Monos. They are black ;)
And more musical, even the stereo model.
ChrBea

Post by ChrBea »

and for your "other half": they look excellent together with Klimax gear and M140s
LP12 Kore-KRad-Majik Tonearm-Slipsik 8 & KDS/3 > Sagatun & Tundra Monos 3 > A242
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

Hi Peter ,

If you can get away with Akubariks then you can get away with 350's just the same .... yes they are big speakers ... but they are tall slim speakers ... can sit fairly close to the wall ... and after they have been in place for a week you wont even notice the size of them .... just like a 60" tv .... It just becomes " normal " ... I have had a few floorstanders over the years .... and wouldnt ever go back to " smaller " speakers now .

And with a twin they are superb .

cheers

Ian
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

Also , i have listened to and can concur that they do sound great with a Tundra .

cheers

Ian
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

bump :-)
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

Speakers now Sold

cheers

Ian