Not for sale anymore. Linn Klimax DSM/1

Moderator: Staff

Nicke

Not for sale anymore. Linn Klimax DSM/1

Post by Nicke »

I’m selling my Linn Klimax DSM/1 in silver.

This is Linn’s finest network player with built-in preamp and ‘Exakt-ready’. This is the model with everything – full range of inputs and both analog and Exakt-output connections, and a pre-amp that many consider better than the legendary Klimax Kontrol.

The player is in perfect condition – not a scratch or blemish. The 9 kg solid aluminum case is my original Klimat DS, that was upgraded to DSM/1 about 1,5 years ago (i.e. all of the inside – electronics and power, as well as the back side with all the connections have been replaced with latest specifications). The player is thus functionally a brand new DSM/1, with the only differences compared to one bought from the store today are that the power button is on the back side (which looks better) and that there’s still ‘DS’ rather than ‘DSM’ in small print on the front, below the display.

The protective plastic is still on the display, and the player has basically not been used at all as I play 99% vinyl, and also received a Renew when upgrading that I use the few times I listen to streamed music.

I’m selling the Klimax for SEK 100 000/€ 10 400, which should be a bargain as it costs SEK 175 000 new. There’s still more than 3 years of warranty remaining. You can connect Exakt speakers directly, or use conventional amplifier/speakers so full flexibility over time.

I’m selling this item with sorrow in my heart – it’s the nicest, most exclusive and most perfect thing I own, but unfortunately it doesn’t make sense to have it reside on the shelf as a gorgeous decoration since I never use it. It deserves a home where it’s played and appreciated for its fantastic qualities every day.

Most of you probably have a good grasp of the different models, but here are a few more facts:

- Streams any digital source over a standard network
- Supports virtually any digital format up to 24-bit 192 kHz
- Integrates seamlessly with Tidal & Qobuz lossless streaming
- 7 digital & analogue inputs to connect your other sources
- Analogue outputs for connection to power amps
- Exakt Links for connection to Linn Exakt speakers or Exaktbox
- Machined-from-solid clamshell enclosure
- Space Optimisation built-in

And more info here: http://linn.co.uk/hifi-separates/networ ... klimax-dsm

I'm based in Uppsala, Sweden where it's possible to check it out/fetch, but I can also ship it.
I’ll send the Klimax in its original box with its original (DS) remote.

Additional images and higher resolution here: https://db.tt/FVXpzzdY
L1020061_smaler.jpg
L1020060_smaller.jpg
L1020065_smaller.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sarago

Re: Not for sale anymore. Linn Klimax DSM/1

Post by sarago »

Hi Nicke,

I was interested to your classified even if you have already sold your Klimax, I am valuating to buy a Klimax with Akubarik active loudspeakers. Even if I have read many articles and considerations about this sistem I really don' t understand if and how can i use my prephono and my turnatable together with KLimax without any losses from both side. Since you are a vinyl lover may let me know if you have used this combination? Readind the characteristcs of a Klimax DSM should be possible to enter in RCA inputs with the phono stage's output : but I don't know if in this configurations I will lost the advantages of the exact. May I know if you have experimented this combination?
Best Paolo
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Not for sale anymore. Linn Klimax DSM/1

Post by lejonklou »

Hi Paolo and welcome to the forum!

I suggest you post your questions under the subforum HiFi, as this ad will now be closed, since the unit is no longer for sale.