Linn speakers for sale - maple Ninka, Majik 109, Majik 112

Moderator: Staff

neilb

Linn speakers for sale - maple Ninka, Majik 109, Majik 112

Post by neilb »

I have the following Linn speakers spare, for sale:

Ninka (pair) - maple with standard MDF bases - no boxes. These are in perfect working order and reasonable condition - some minor cosmetic blemishes to the sides and rear of cabinets. £350

Majik 109 (pair) - maple with black stands, all in original packaging. Very lghtly used and in excellent condition. Bought new late 2009 so just out of warranty. £500 speakers / £100 stands

Majik 112 (centre) - maple with original packaging. Very lightly used and has been boxed for most of its life. Also bought new late 2009 so just out of warranty. £350

Prefer collection and may also be able to deliver in UK Midlands or London areas.
Last edited by neilb on 2015-02-16 21:19, edited 1 time in total.
Linn ADSM - Akubarik
kali89

Post by kali89 »

I'm a bit confused now. What Bases do the Ninkas have? regular ones or polymer ones? If Polymer new i would be interested!
Linn Keilidh, Wakonda, 2x LK 140
neilb

Post by neilb »

I was under the impression the standard ones are polymer/plastic and the upgraded ones a mysterious 'kustone' substance :-) if I have it wrong then I stand corrected!

They are on the standard bases. The rare kustone ones are worth having if you can find a pair!
Linn ADSM - Akubarik
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Post by mrco99 »

The standard bases for Ninkas are (leightweight) mdf ones.

The upgrade base is much heavier polymer, also referred to as Ku-stone. It's not real stone or marble for sure.

The upgrade base is an essential improvement to the speakers, with faster, more controlled bass and lifting up the whole presentation in fact.

Hope this helps clearing up the confusion.
CJ1045

Post by CJ1045 »

None of any version of the bases for Keilidhs, Kabers, Ninkas, 5140, Espek, Keltik are made out of Kustone. They are either the orginal material which was either MDF, plastic or metal or the upgraded base which was polymer which has a black stone like appearance. Kustone ceramic absorbers were used INSIDE some speakers.

CJ
hedenberg

Post by hedenberg »

Oops I think I first posted in your old post! Anyway, very much interested in the Majik 112, either if you could ship it to Sweden (or I may have someone who can collect it in a couple of weeks)

Thanks
Magnus
iain225

Re: Linn speakers for sale - maple Ninka, Majik 109, Majik 112

Post by iain225 »

Hi Do you still have the Ninka Speakers for sale?
Regards Iain
neilb

Post by neilb »

Apologies guys I haven't been here for a few weeks.

The bases are definitely the standard MDF ones. Sorry for any confusion. For some reason I had it in my mind that they were a polymer type plastic (I must have been thinking of my old AV5140's which were a plastic base as opposed to MDF). I will correct the post.

Magnus - I could ship the M112 to Sweden as its contained in original packaging, but if you have a friend visiting that would be preferable. I work daily in Central London so I could easily arrange to meet anyone who is visiting the capital - which is far more likely than where I live!

Iain - yes the Ninkas are also still available.

Regards, Neil
Linn ADSM - Akubarik
Mareng

Post by Mareng »

If Magnus isn't buying the Majik 112, I'm very much interested. I also live in Sweden and can perhaps also arrange a local collection of the speaker. Just send me an email ([email protected]) in that case.