Linn Akurate 242 mark 3 high gloss walnut

Moderator: Staff

ecig

Linn Akurate 242 mark 3 high gloss walnut

Post by ecig »

Hi all this is my first thread, I wish to find a home for my october 2012 Akurate 242's. They are high gloss walnut with silver pods and black stands. They have been painstakingly cared for and remain in factory fresh mint condition, no dents, nicks or marks at all.After playing i had a custom padded cover made to put over them. Check them out on ebay under user waynelm67, I have been a linn forum member for many years using same name (ecig) and an ebay member for plus 10 years with impeccable feedback. Hope to send them to a new home ( mk3 refers to the new stands being standard, new 3k pod, upgraded cabinet, crossover and port) They ebay listing is on the australian site ebay.com.au, all original packaging and accessories are included, plus I'm happy to share the expense of shipping and insurance with the prospective purchaser.

cheers wayne
Last edited by ecig on 2014-02-24 05:06, edited 3 times in total.
Linn Akurate DSM
Linn Akubarik
lunch

Post by lunch »

Just curious: what's 'mark3'? I'm only aware of one update to the 242s when some components were end-of-life. Thus, I thought mark2 was the most recent.
LP12 - Karousel - ARadikal - Keel - Ekos SE - Kandid - Entity
KDSM
SuperKikkin
Solos
Akubariks
CJ1045

Post by CJ1045 »

I think some people are calling them MKIII if they have the solid metal plinth upgrade.

They don't appear to be on ebay yet though.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Linn only ever acknowledged two different versions. But I can tell you from experience, having had one of the very earliest pair for demo, that there were definitely three distinctly different sounding versions! The MK2 that had the new 3K Arrays, updated cabinet, solid stand, reconfigured ports and crossover, etc. should have been called the MK3 as there was a version between it and the earliest models that had much better bass performance than the early examples.