Black ash LP12 (Cirkus,Lingo,Ekos,Adikt) for sale

Moderator: Staff

joe_schmoe

Black ash LP12 (Cirkus,Lingo,Ekos,Adikt) for sale

Post by joe_schmoe »

Due to a local outbreak of upgrade-itis, my black ash LP12 + Lingo is now up for sale. I have owned it for the past fifteen-ish years and about eight years ago it had a thorough overhaul by Colin at What You See And Hear in Beaconsfield which consisted of fitting a replacement Cirkus, an Ekos and an Adikt cartridge. It then spent five of the next seven years in storage while I had children/moved houses etc.

Mechanically, the deck is in good shape, having had little use since the upgrade work. Cosmetically, if I were buying it I would want to change the lid and fit a new plinth as the black ash one is looking its age. There are a few small dents along the front edge, and the corners are showing a little where the black finish has worn thin.

Rather oddly, the cables have become very tatty looking - possibly as a result of being wedged in the polystyrene packing for years.

All in though, this is a great deck that will blow away a new Majik LP12, and which, if someone wanted to throw a further £500 at a new plinth and lid, would look as good as it sounds.

The deck can be demoed in an all-Linn system at my house in Berkshire, England if needed.I do have the original packaging for the deck (but not the Lingo), but I would much rather have the deck collected than try and ship it anywhere.

Pictures available on request, I'm looking for offers not too far south of GBP 2000.