KRDS M140's M112 M126 Classik Movie unix

Moderator: Staff

Ukandrewf

KRDS M140's M112 M126 Classik Movie unix

Post by Ukandrewf »

OK firstly I have to admit to being an addikt... This is more hoarded than cherished linn... :-)

I want to upgrade my system with a KDS/1 and I need to start building a fund to do that which means trading in some of the linn equipment i've bought and could never bear to sell. I figure selling it here will mean it's going to a good home.

Most of this stuff was my main linn system until I managed to replace most things with a Klimax gear a couple of years ago.

With the exception of the Movie Classik and the Unix speakers which were bought new everything was bought second hand. But I have to say that I was amazed in all cases by the showroom condition of items. The only exception was the majik 140s which got a small crush damage on the rear of one speaker (this makes no difference to the sublime sound they produce). All have original boxes and in many cases the books and leads which go with.

Linn Klimax KRDS. £3,500 ono
I bought this when all the KDS/0's were being upgraded to KDS/1 and the option of a RDS first appeared. Mine is in perfect condition and has been well looked after. I don't have a photo yet but you will all know what it looks and sounds like.

Majik 140 Cherry floor standing speakers upgrade bases - £900 ono

These were my pride and joy until I upgraded to 350p's. I have them stored in my lounge behind the 350's because i couldn't bear to box them up and store them. pics at below link. (I have orginal boxes when time sadly comes)

Upgraded Bases: These include the upgraded bases which add considerable punch to the speaker. I will consider selling these separately as they're quite rare.

Majik 112 5.1 Centre speaker Black £400
Mint Condition centre speaker great for movies etc pics below. Original Box etc.

Majik 126 sub for stereo and 5.1 Cherry £800
Mint condition. pics below. Original Box etc.

Classik Movie £750 ono
This is a non-dynamic version which i bought new. It's a very good dvd/cd player, radio. Most interestly you can use it as a pre amp or amp and use digital/aux inputs to take source data and play. So you could for example attach to a DS, apple tv etc and use it to play digital media. This is also the newer version/look of the movie classik. one photo shows where i put a little smart water on for security - back when this was £2,500 to buy this unit.

Unik Speakers and Kolum Stands Black £150
These were bought new in Dubai and carried home when I was a student - the things we do. Anyway they're in pretty good condition and are perfect as rear speakers for a 5.1 setup.

I suppose when you put everything together you have a full 5.1 system here (movie classik will process 5.1 from dvd inbuilt or external source).

Price wise I'm struggling a bit to workout what's fair...

Andrew
(same username on the linn forum where i'm more active)

Pics below

http://www.londonhairdressers.co.uk/images/linn/
Last edited by Ukandrewf on 2014-02-01 23:27, edited 5 times in total.
rowlandhills
Very active member
Very active member

Post by rowlandhills »

Andrew - What are you looking for on the Majik 126?

By the way, your photo "m126-5.JPG" appears to show the label on a K345!
KRDSM, Tundra to 242s
Silvers, K400, Hutter rack
Ukandrewf

Whoops

Post by Ukandrewf »

Sorry Roland you could well be right they all look the same. I photographed some of my klimax kit at the same time. Photos take two years ago or more before I boxed everything up with the plan to one day sell it.

What's a fair price? I need to investigate.

Stage one us listing stage two pricing :-)

Andrew
Ukandrewf

Post by Ukandrewf »

On the 126 they seem to sell new for £1460 so £800 second hand mint condition?
Ukandrewf

Post by Ukandrewf »

bump
hedenberg

Post by hedenberg »

Hi,
Is the Majik 112 still available? PM me if that's the case!
Thanks
Magnus
Guigwen

Post by Guigwen »

Hi Andrews,

Are upgrades bases for the majik 140 still available and what's your best price?
It's the last upgrade that i need for driving perfectly my m140 active...
I live in France

Best regards
Majik 140 - Majik I - Majik 6100 - AKURATE DS - QUED Reference - Linn 400