Tony Tune-age System

Share your journey!

Moderator: Staff

Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Tony Tune-age System

Post by Tony Tune-age »

My upgraded Entity was returned yesterday, so now it's the Entity 1.1 model. However, there were two different upgrades installed: 1) A circuit protection upgrade was added, but it's not connected to the circuit. So that means there's no impact on sound or performance. 2) A new circuit that balances idling currents, and does make an improvement on sound. So it's officially an Entity 1.1 now.

As noted by others, there doesn't seem to be a burn in period with the 1.1 upgrade. However, after hooking up the Entity I did let the system warm up for awhile. Before shipping the Entity out for upgrading, I listened to the Black Pumas double album set, and then listened again upon its return (see link below). I immediately noticed an improvement with vocals, Eric Burton sounded like he was singing in my music room. Of course the bass, drums, guitars, horns, piano and organs sounded more authentic and realistic as well.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0015/ ... 1595898325

So far, all the other albums have sounded better too. More musical, more realistic, more enjoyable and more fun.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... SX425_.jpg

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com ... f=1&nofb=1
Tony Tune-age
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Tony Tune-age wrote: 2021-04-09 18:32 I just received my upgraded Entity yesterday, and as it turns out there were two upgrades installed. Of course neither of these upgrades changed the physical appearance...
Yes, they did. There's now a gold dot on the back after the serial number! ;-)
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

ThomasOK wrote: 2021-04-09 20:40
Tony Tune-age wrote: 2021-04-09 18:32 I just received my upgraded Entity yesterday, and as it turns out there were two upgrades installed. Of course neither of these upgrades changed the physical appearance...
Yes, they did. There's now a gold dot on the back after the serial number! ;-)
That's very true...I forgot about the gold dot on the back!

Cheers!
Tony Tune-age
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

Great news Tony,
You get back your Gold 1.1 ...
Enjoy and send some clips when it's in top condition (break-in as Defender mention ...) ...
Music First ...
Vlado
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

V.A.MKD wrote: 2021-04-12 12:21 Great news Tony,
You get back your Gold 1.1 Enjoy and send some clips when it's in top condition (break-in as Defender mention...)
Thanks V.A.MKD, it was good to get it back again! And the Entity might be fully burned in by now too. I did provide my opinions and thoughts in the Entity thread.

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Tendaberry wrote: 2019-03-10 18:30 I would take a look at the Magnum Dynalab ST2: http://www.magnumdynalab.com/st-2-omnid ... m-antenna/
A couple of years ago, I was looking for a better performing antenna that would improve the reception of my Linn Pekin tuner. And several forum members suggested the Magnum Dynalab ST-2 antenna (along with others). So after researching all the antenna's that were recommended, I decided to go with the MD ST-2. And needless to say, I really like this antenna. It improved the reception, and it improved the sound.

But now the Pekin sounds even better with the Sagatun preamplifer (which replaced my Klimax Kontrol). And it wasn't until recently, that I listened extensively to my tuner through the Sagatun. I had spent most of my time just listening the LP12, and didn't think much about listening to the Pekin. So between the new antenna and the Sagatun, my tuner is definitely more musical and more enjoyable!

And since I've been enjoying the Entity 1.1 and Sagatun so much, I decided to wear my Lejonklou shirt and drink coffee from my Lejonklu mug!

Tony Tune-age
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Thank you Tony, for the big smile you just put on my face! :D
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

lejonklou wrote: 2021-04-27 01:02 Thank you Tony, for the big smile you just put on my face! :D
I'm glad it made you smile, because you have certainly earned my respect. All of the Lejonklou products that I've heard perform well above their competition (including Linn), and cost far below their competition (including Linn). Plus you have very high standards for testing and choosing the best sounding components, and that becomes immediately apparent when listening for the first time.
Tony Tune-age
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Hermann wrote: 2021-02-27 18:23
Tony Tune-age wrote: 2021-02-25 18:32
Hermann wrote: 2021-02-24 17:59 Well Marco offered a test, but I do have to rebuild the racks to give them a fair run. So, I guess it'll be soon...
Good afternoon Hermann,

When you say "rebuild the racks" what exactly does rebuilding entail?

Cheers
Hi Tony,

When the system did not play properly for a long time, everything migrated to two Naim Fraim. Unfortunately, this did not make things any better. Even if everything fits together with Naim, I still missed the experience from my previous apartment.

With the Tundra everything changed. It plays excellently on Mana. And the racks are now in front of the Fraim. So everything has to be taken down and completely rebuilt. I hope to realize this in the coming week. Also I want to create enough space for the Sagatun so that a fair comparison is possible.

So there is a lot of work ahead of me.
Good evening Hermann,

Have you been able to reassemble your audio racks, and do a Sagatun comparison yet? And have been able to do a comparison between your Naim phono stage and the Entity 1.1?

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

SONG COMPARISON

Post by Tony Tune-age »

These two music links are the same song. Which link sounds better? And how does it sound better?

1) https://www.dropbox.com/s/4l2809vyphpi6e9/1.mp4?dl=0

2) https://www.dropbox.com/s/uf93tpqn9s2dwvk/2.mp4?dl=0
Tony Tune-age
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Thanks for sharing Tony - great to hear your system at last. I love it!! Right up my street and a great Stones track too.

I'm struggling to pick a favourite though. Obviously 1 is crisper but I quite like the little bit of warmth in 2. I think 2 made slightly more musical sense to my mind but just really enjoyed both and so pleased to hear some more Briks :) Great setup - we want to hear more!

Didn't realise you were so short though.
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

Great system Tony!

I did not know that the Isobariks were so tall! :-)

I am also in the second clip camp and agree with Charlie1.
Playing cd’s…………
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

Great system Tony! I’m listening to the Strolling Bones just for fun now. I slightly prefer the second clip too, the pitching and timing seem just a tad more funky.
David Neel
Very active member
Very active member

Post by David Neel »

Both are very enjoyable. It's hard to call... but for me, 2 was a little more immersive rather than impressive.
The search for knowledge is not nourished by certainty, but by a radical distrust in certainty
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Charlie1 wrote: 2021-05-02 23:52 Thanks for sharing Tony - great to hear your system at last. I love it!! Right up my street and a great Stones track too.

I'm struggling to pick a favourite though. Obviously 1 is crisper but I quite like the little bit of warmth in 2. I think 2 made slightly more musical sense to my mind but just really enjoyed both and so pleased to hear some more Briks :) Great setup - we want to hear more!

Didn't realise you were so short though.
Thanks for the comments Charlie, I always appreciate hearing your perspective. The camera stand was only four inches tall, which explains the strange viewing angle...and we were sitting behind the camera. More on the music links later...

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

beck wrote: 2021-05-03 04:11 Great system Tony!

I did not know that the Isobariks were so tall! :-)

I am also in the second clip camp and agree with Charlie1.
Thanks for your thoughts Beck, most people are choosing music link two over music link one. However, everyone so far thinks both links sound good as well. Very interesting...

The camera stand isn't very tall (mayber four inches), and it's sitting on the floor too.

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

David Neel wrote: 2021-05-03 12:47 Both are very enjoyable. It's hard to call... but for me, 2 was a little more immersive rather than impressive.
That's a good description of link two, perhaps more music and less bling?
Tony Tune-age
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Spannko wrote: 2021-05-03 11:21 Great system Tony! I’m listening to the Strolling Bones just for fun now. I slightly prefer the second clip too, the pitching and timing seem just a tad more funky.
Thanks...I'm glad you enjoyed listening! And at this point, everyone is picking link two...
Tony Tune-age
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Re: SONG COMPARISON

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Tony Tune-age wrote: 2021-05-02 22:23 These two music links are the same song. Which link sounds better? And how does it sound better?

1) https://www.dropbox.com/s/4l2809vyphpi6e9/1.mp4?dl=0

2) https://www.dropbox.com/s/uf93tpqn9s2dwvk/2.mp4?dl=0
Link 1, is "Slave," from the Rolling Stones Tattoo You album, Atlanta Recording group 1981.

Link 2, is the same song, only this time from the 2018 rerelease of the same album (half speed mastered audio, 180 gram black vinyl).

And everyone that commented preferred link 2 (although all agreed both were enjoyable). Needless to say, we like the 2nd link better also. It's a very good quality vinyl recording!

Thanks for all the comments...
Tony Tune-age
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

That's interesting. Never preferred a half speed mastering before. And a reissue too!
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Charlie1 wrote: 2021-05-03 23:02 That's interesting. Never preferred a half speed mastering before. And a reissue too!
Me neither, but Kyle guaranteed it would sound better than the original...or he would return my money! So buying it was risk free.
Tony Tune-age
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

Kyle?
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

tokenbrit wrote: 2021-05-04 01:26Kyle?
Sorry about that, Kyle is an owner of a very nice record store in my area. He has worked for various record label companies like Columbia, Epic, RCA, A&M, Arista, and others. He was also a college representative for CBS records, which got bought out by Sony. So he does have a wealth of knowledge about music recordings. Plus he has a band, and they have produced several albums as well.

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Yeah, I'm liking clip 2 a little better as well. It just moves better. It does sound like they re-Eqed it and took away some of the brightness of the original, which is a bitt too much.

Thanks for giving us the low-down on the system.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

MUSIC COMPARISON

Post by Tony Tune-age »

I decided to start the weekend early, with another music comparison. These two music links are the same song. Which link sounds best? And how does it sound better?

1) https://www.dropbox.com/s/dezcd3mug0qhv8i/BP1.mp4?dl=0

2) https://www.dropbox.com/s/h9el7h6wrqdnnj9/BP2.mp4?dl=0
Tony Tune-age