Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Tony Tune-age System

Post by Tony Tune-age »

matthias wrote: 2024-01-27 13:10
Sopper wrote: 2024-01-27 13:09 Ah, you are talking about the SS, and I about SM
I think my post was quite clear :-)
I certainly didn't mean to upset any apple carts here...
Tony Tune-age
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Yes, this can get confusing. I agree that the ranking of the stereo units is SS1.7, SK, SS1.4 musically (starting with the best). I also agree that Sagatun Mono 1.4 is yet more musical than all of those and the 1.7 better still, of course. Needless to say, Tony will be getting a nice upgrade when his Sagatun stereo gets back to him. Since I just finished the upgrade that will be quite soon.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

ThomasOK wrote: 2024-02-01 21:00 Yes, this can get confusing. I agree that the ranking of the stereo units is SS1.7, SK, SS1.4 musically (starting with the best). I also agree that Sagatun Mono 1.4 is yet more musical than all of those and the 1.7 better still, of course. Needless to say, Tony will be getting a nice upgrade when his Sagatun stereo gets back to him. Since I just finished the upgrade that will be quite soon.
Good evening Thomas, thanks for clarifying the stereo preamplifier rankings (and the mono preamplifiers as well). In addition, thanks for completing the upgrades I'm confident they will sound great! I'll post my findings and thoughts once everything is properly burned-in and warmed up!

Cheers!
Tony Tune-age
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

I decided to use my Lejonklou coffee mug, and of course wear my Lejonklou polo shirt while listening to the Entity 1.2 and Sagatun Stereo 1.7 upgrades. Findings and thoughts following soon...
Tony Tune-age wrote: 2021-02-18 22:51
Tony Tune-age
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

Mh... does that sound better?? ;-)
BTW Where can these things be purchased?
Trust your ears
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Hermann wrote: 2024-02-12 12:41 Mh... does that sound better?? ;-)
BTW Where can these things be purchased?
I purchased these Lejonklou items when they were available back in 2021...but not sure if they will be offered again. Of course when I wear the polo shirt, people always ask me what Lejonklou means.

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Well, it's been nearly ten days since receiving and installing the upgraded Lejonklou Entity 1.2 phono stage, and the Sagatun Stereo 1.7 preamplifier. Much of the burn-in time for the Sagatun was achieved by using my Linn Pekin turner (at a very low volume), primarily over night and when not using the LP12 (via Entity) during the day. And since both of these components were essentially upgraded at the same time, it was difficult to know exactly how much each unit improved the sound overall. Plus it was difficult to know when both of these components were completely burned-in. However when the sound did finally settled in, I figured that meant they both were finally burned-in.

Background and Details:

Back in February 2021, I replaced my Linn Klimax Kontrol preamp with a Lejonklou Sagatun 1.4 Stereo preamp (details of this component change are on page eleven of my system thread). And before that, in 2020 I replaced my Linn Urika phono stage with a Lejonklou Entity 1.0 phono stage, which was soon upgraded to the 1.1 version (details of these changes are on page six and twelve of my system thread).

While both units were being upgraded by Thomas O'Keefe, I made sure everything in my system was properly cleaned, dusted and polished as needed (this included wiping down the interconnects and other cables). And once both units were returned and back in my system, I turned on the power and let them idle for several hours to warm-up before actually playing an album.

The first album to be played was "Soldier Of Love," by Sade. I played the first song on side one, which is "Moon and the Sky." And immediately I noticed an improvement in the bass and the vocals, before noticing anything else. The realism of her voice was off the charts, and the bass was just incredible. I've listened to this album several times before, but this felt like the first time I'd ever heard the album. Simply put...more music, more feelings, more involvement, more of everything. The other two songs I listened to were "Soldier Of Love" and "Morning Bird." And both were equally as enjoyable as the first song. In addition to the bass and vocals sounding so much better, all the other instruments sounded very real and were easily identifiable as well. Such as violins, cello, trumpets, saxophones and ukulele.

The second album I listened to was a live album by Santana called "Moon Flower" and is perhaps the best live album in my collection (or certainly one of the best live albums). And as with the Sade album, the vocals and instruments were just incredible to hear. Such as the congas, electric piano, timbales, percussion, organs, cowbell, Fender bass, acoustic piano...all sounding very real and extremely enjoyable.

Other albums that were listened to over the next several days were "Aladdin Sane" by David Bowie, "Dark Star" by Crosby, Stills & Nash, "Blowin' Your Mind" by Van Morrison and "Donald Fagen's The Night Fly - Live." All of which were equally as enjoyable and pleasant to hear. And with each song played, the sound got better and better.

After approximately ten days of being powered up full time and playing music when possible, both the Entity and Sagatun might be burned-in...and if not they soon will be!

As stated previously in one of my earlier posts, I probably can't say anything about the Entity and Sagatun (as well as all of his other components which I've heard), that others on this forum haven't already said. However, one can't actually know how good they sound until one actually listens!

Cheers!
Tony Tune-age
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

Thanks Tony, they will no longer be available then.

Thanks for the report Tony. In my opinion it will take a while until the Sagatun develops full quality. But your description leads to the idea that the stereo Sagatun warms up a little faster than the monos. Since two components have received an upgrade, it will of course be a little more difficult to evaluate them individually. However, the Sagatun upgrade will surpass everything. I'm happy for you as the Sagatun upgrade is a real revelation.
Trust your ears
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Hermann wrote: 2024-02-13 07:46 Thanks for the report Tony. In my opinion it will take a while until the Sagatun develops full quality. But your description leads to the idea that the stereo Sagatun warms up a little faster than the monos. Since two components have received an upgrade, it will of course be a little more difficult to evaluate them individually. However, the Sagatun upgrade will surpass everything. I'm happy for you as the Sagatun upgrade is a real revelation.
I appreciate the comments Hermann...thanks! It's certainly possible that the Sagatun Stereo isn't fully burned-in yet, and I'll definitely keep my ears open. Considering there are more parts in the Sagatun upgrade than in the Entity upgrade, it could still be burning in for sure. And if there is more sound improvement moving forward, I will report back.

The amount of improvement overall is very significant, and I have spent way more money on a single pair of interconnects with far less improvement! In my opinion the upgrades are extremely affordable for such a huge amount of improvement!
Tony Tune-age
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

I'm glad to hear you are liking the upgrades to the system. I do find 1.7 vs. 1.4 to be quite compelling. Your SS was torqued based on Fredrik's latest findings in case you were concerned.
The LP12 Whisperer
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

ThomasOK wrote: 2024-02-14 01:15 I'm glad to hear you are liking the upgrades to the system. I do find 1.7 vs. 1.4 to be quite compelling. Your SS was torqued based on Fredrik's latest findings in case you were concerned.
Well, all of the Lejonklou upgrades I've had so far have been great and there isn't anything to dislike...that's for sure! Thanks again Thomas.

After conversing with Hermann and reading about his Saga Mono torque values, I did wonder if they would apply to my Saga Stereo preamp as well. I really appreciate you clearing that up for me Thomas...

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

By the way, in regard to the mugs and the polo shirts. The mugs were a project that sunbeamgls undertook with permission from Fredrik a few years ago. He made up a large batch and offered them to people on the forum with all profits going to charity (I don't remember the specific one). A number of people ordered them from him and I ordered a case for here. I sold them to dealers and customers at my cost to stay in the spirit of it being for charity.

The polo shirts are something I had made up a couple of times. I gave one to the owners and employees for my dealers and sold others to customers at a relatively low markup. Of course I also gave a couple to Fredrik and have a number for myself. It is something which I might do again as I have new dealers who haven't received one. I would have to find a polo shirt I like as the brand I used were well made, inexpensive and fit well but has been discontinued by the store they were from. I have tried a few from the brand they replaced it with and haven't been thrilled so far. But it is something I might consider. I don't know how cost effective it would be to ship to UK and Europe but they are light and can be fitted into a small Postal service flat rate box or envelope. I'll have to consider it.
The LP12 Whisperer
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Thomas,

Just in case you go with it, I know a couple of people that would be interested in a coffee mug, or polo shirt.
ThomasOK wrote: 2024-02-14 21:16 By the way, in regard to the mugs and the polo shirts. The mugs were a project that sunbeamgls undertook with permission from Fredrik a few years ago. He made up a large batch and offered them to people on the forum with all profits going to charity (I don't remember the specific one). A number of people ordered them from him and I ordered a case for here. I sold them to dealers and customers at my cost to stay in the spirit of it being for charity.

The polo shirts are something I had made up a couple of times. I gave one to the owners and employees for my dealers and sold others to customers at a relatively low markup. Of course I also gave a couple to Fredrik and have a number for myself. It is something which I might do again as I have new dealers who haven't received one. I would have to find a polo shirt I like as the brand I used were well made, inexpensive and fit well but has been discontinued by the store they were from. I have tried a few from the brand they replaced it with and haven't been thrilled so far. But it is something I might consider. I don't know how cost effective it would be to ship to UK and Europe but they are light and can be fitted into a small Postal service flat rate box or envelope. I'll have to consider it.
Tony Tune-age
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

ThomasOK wrote: 2024-02-14 01:15 I'm glad to hear you are liking the upgrades to the system. I do find 1.7 vs. 1.4 to be quite compelling. Your SS was torqued based on Fredrik's latest findings in case you were concerned.
It's been awhile since I posted any music links, but I will try to post a "before Lejonklou Upgrade music link" and an "after Lejonklou upgrade music link." Providing my Dropbox account is still valid and I can remember how to post...so this could take some time to post.
Tony Tune-age