TomBK's Place...

Share your journey!

Moderator: Staff

TomBK

TomBK's Place...

Post by TomBK »

ADS/D - 5103/KK1 - 2 Solos - 242s quinwired/k600+k400 - Linn Silver balanced ics.

Feel free to drop in, comment or ask any question...

Here tonight mainly because Linn Forums - AGAIN - is down...this time we know why...a flakey public beta...:wink:

Cheers
Tom
Last edited by TomBK on 2010-10-06 23:00, edited 1 time in total.
SaltyDog
Very active member
Very active member

Post by SaltyDog »

Hi Tom,
Good to see you here.
Not sure where the 5103 comes into play. Do you have ADS into KK to solos?
TomBK

Post by TomBK »

Hi Salty

Well, the 5103 and the KK is "linked"? - the sat signal goes through the 5103 cause then I would have the poss to do surround, but the ADS goes straight to the KK. I can listen to the ADS without the 5103 turned on, but I can't watch/listen to sat if the KK isn't turned on...Does this give any meaning at all?

As a sidenote - what a bummer they have made at the Linn forums posting a f@cked up beta... :roll: - saw Gilad there before they shut down - I hope he'll be telling them some truths tomorrow... :mrgreen:
SaltyDog
Very active member
Very active member

Post by SaltyDog »

I see. I'd just be concerned that there would be undriven drivers in the listening room if a surround system was combined with my stereo setup. Would the TV sound better just through the KK?
TomBK

Post by TomBK »

I just recently posted having removed my "surround" kit, consisting of an Ekwal and a Klout - the Plasma is without speakers...!
I did hear a difference when moving the Ekwal out of the room, so definately if you're not using the surround kit - just "chuck it out" as I stated...
Today I'm purely stereo and probably staying like this until a move of house and I buy a cottage somewhere out in the country - or more likely - just far away from humans... :wink:

My dealer said there would be a gain in sound quality if I skipped the 5103 altogether - so might try it out some time...I have never been overly disappointed with the 5103 - not even after I got the KK!!!
The 5103 can still amaze me just watching a sat movie in stereo!!!