Daniel

Share your journey!

Moderator: Staff

Daniel

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Klimax DS and a Kikkin

Speakers is a pair of ATC SCM 10-2 Active
Last edited by Daniel on 2010-09-12 08:58, edited 1 time in total.
/Daniel

LP12SE
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Welcome to the forum.

Don't you have a power amp and speakers? :) (It is OK to talk about products other than Linn and Lejonklou on here.)
Erik

Post by Erik »

I know what it is Thomas and I think you like it. :D

/Erik
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Thank you Thomas!!

The idea was a more detailed description of my system together with a picture :) Time ran away...

Anyway, I have a pair of ATC speakers. ATC SCM 10-2 so no need for poweramps.

Someday the plan is to get a pair of ATC SCM50/100ASL.
Last edited by Daniel on 2011-01-13 11:13, edited 2 times in total.
/Daniel

LP12SE
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Wow, that's such a cool system.

The best possible source (no buttons), a Kikkin (no buttons) and active speakers. And Fraim looks very nice.

Possible improvement: Have you tried Skeets instead of coins?
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Thank you Fredrik.

I was hoping that you wouldn´t spot them :oops: -Skeets is on the way.

Another improvement on the way is Linn silvers all the way to the speakers.
/Daniel

LP12SE
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Daniel

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Daniel wrote:Klimax DS and a Kikkin

Speakers is a pair of ATC SCM 10-2 Active
Daniel, welcome to the forum 8) . By the way, nice looking audio rack, what company is it from :?:
Tony Tune-age
Linnofil
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Linnofil »

Tony Tune-age wrote:nice looking audio rack, what company is it from :?:
It's a rack from Naim, called Fraim. Nice looking, but not as nice sounding as the base Harmonihyllan rack Oden. Very expensive also. But I have only tried Linn stuff on it, maybe Naim gear sound better on Fraim than on anything else?

I agree with above posts, very nice clean looking cool system! I guess you are happy with your ATC's as you are considering an upgrade within the ATC brand. Did you compare them to any other speakers/amps? (That we may know of?)
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Linnofil wrote:It's a rack from Naim, called Fraim. Nice looking, but not as nice sounding as the base Harmonihyllan rack Oden. Very expensive also. But I have only tried Linn stuff on it, maybe Naim gear sound better on Fraim than on anything else?
Some audio racks can sound better with a specific brand of audio components, than with other brands. However, based on various articles and opinions, all the Harmonihyllan audio racks seem to perform very well regardless of component brand. More than likely, when I upgrade my current audio rack, it will be one of the Harmonihyllan racks.
Tony Tune-age
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Maybe a twoshelf Mimer rack? Don´t know if that´s possible?

Previously I owned a pair of Espek driven by a Majik 2100. Other than that I also had the opportunity to listen to a pair of ATC SCM 20AT SL in my own home and a few hours in a good friends house, he has great coffee also :)

I think they produce a clean, sharp sound. Tuneful and a great feel. They lack some in bass depth but it´s controlled.
/Daniel

LP12SE
Erik

Post by Erik »

I have to try a Mimer rack soon. I don't doubt it's better than Fraim but I have to stress that Fraim is extremely sensitive to the assembling and setup. You really need to use the right torque and the only way to check is by gently knocking on the laminated board and the glass.
A problem for me in northern Sweden is the change in humidity during the year. I have to redo the setup a few times a year.

Erik
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Erik wrote:I have to try a Mimer rack soon. I don't doubt it's better than Fraim but I have to stress that Fraim is extremely sensitive to the assembling and setup. You really need to use the right torque and the only way to check is by gently knocking on the laminated board and the glass. A problem for me in northern Sweden is the change in humidity during the year. I have to redo the setup a few times a year.
You make some interesting points regarding audio rack set-up and maintenance issues Erik. I had to tighten-up my Quadraspire rack a few times within the first year (much to my surprise). But at this point, each time I check - it's okay.

By the way, does the Naim Fraim rack sound good with most brands of audio components, or just Naim components :?:
Tony Tune-age
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

:!:
Last edited by Daniel on 2011-01-18 20:31, edited 1 time in total.
/Daniel

LP12SE
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Good stuff Daniel. Are you tempted to compare Naim Fraim to Mimer?
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Charlie1 wrote:Good stuff Daniel. Are you tempted to compare Naim Fraim to Mimer?
Thanks Charlie.

Yes, as soon as I get a chance. Linnofil wrote that Oden, the cheapest Harmoni rack, sounds better than the Fraim. So it looks promising.
/Daniel

LP12SE