SaltyDog's System

Share your journey!

Moderator: Staff

SaltyDog
Very active member
Very active member

Re: SaltyDog's System

Post by SaltyDog »

A quick and simple update. I have been very busy and fortunate. Hope some of you remember me still. :)

My main system is now LP12 Klimax SE, KDS, Lejonklou Boazo, JBL 3677 on Ofil Stands all setup by ThomasOK.

Works in progress:

Piano room has a piano disc system on a Steinway Baby Grand, accompanied by ADS, Karin, Klout, and Kabers.

Family room houses the ATC's, with KRDS, KK hidden in the basement.

Still waiting on the 2nd pair of JBL 3677s for the theater room.
Linnofil
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Linnofil »

That is some impressive systems you have there Salty! How do you like the new Boazu? Does it perform well with the 3677?

Must be great to have someone like ThomasOK to set up the system(s?)! We all know how much installation can do. Sounds like you still have a lot of fun stuff waiting in the pipeline!
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Wow, four systems in the same house!
SaltyDog wrote:Hope some of you remember me still. :)
Impossible not to.
SaltyDog
Very active member
Very active member

Post by SaltyDog »

Linnofil wrote:How do you like the new Boazu? Does it perform well with the 3677?
I definitely like the Boazu as part of the system. Comparisons get really tough here with the logistics of integrated amp and speakers on one hand and active speakers on the other. I'd like to hear the Boazu and Kabers, but those need the K600 wiring in their current state.

The simplicity in design appeals to me. I like the volume indicator light. And that it goes off. I'm not a fan of (Linn) blue lights beaming across the room.

The no switching between inputs makes Boazu a good solution to the piano disc system. That system is really a challenge to control because piano disc is an iTunes oriented source, with the DS needing different control systems and the Karin needing to be switched with another remote control. (Why do other preamps use switching?)

With all of that to deal with for comparisons, I'm going to skip that part and just enjoy the music. With a house full of tunes, there is no question where the serious listening will take place.

Having experts do the job - priceless. I have no constructive criticism. A truly impressive process.

Captivated by the music.
SaltyDog
Very active member
Very active member

Post by SaltyDog »

lejonklou wrote:Wow, four systems in the same house!
Do you remember the gold balloon floating on the lake? The moment we touched it and it rose to the sky.

It feels like that.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

SaltyDog wrote:
Do you remember the gold balloon floating on the lake? The moment we touched it and it rose to the sky.

It feels like that.
Yes, I remember!
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

lejonklou wrote:
SaltyDog wrote:

It feels like that.
Yes, I remember!
Me, too! It was rather cool! ;-)
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.