Hi, new member

Share your journey!

Moderator: Staff

Ugg10

Hi, new member

Post by Ugg10 »

Hi,

Could not find a new member introduction section so thought this would be the best place for me to say Hi.

Signed up as I am looking for a new phono stage to go with my system. Got a long history in Hifi and kit has included - A 1980’s Sevenoaks Magic Matrix system with Sansui amp and Mission 737R speakers, Kef 104/2’s run with Quad 44/405-2 a Technics SLP777 CD and AR EB101 turntable, a desk top system with B&W CDM1s powered by Rotel RC850 and two RB850 and a Fostex HP-A3 DAC.

I then got the DIY buy and renovated a tired Linn Axis with Basik Plus and swapped out the arm for a carbon one on a Project RPM 1.3.

Then over covid I designed and built a turntable from a slab of walnut encased in epoxy resin, Project motor with speedbox, Lenko heavy platter and bearing and a RB303 tonearm re wired with silver wire from cartridge to din connector and a Michell Tecnoweight and a AT VM95ML cartridge. This plays through a Minidsp eight channel dsp with Khadas Toneboard Dacs (4 off), a Rotel RMB1066 6 channel amp and home made speakers using SB WO24P woofers, Morel EM1308 mid domes and Morel ET448 tweeters. The DSP does the crossover so effectively they are active as the Rotel acts directly on the drivers save for protection capacitors on the mids and tweeters.

So, anyway, I recently sold my Edward Apprentice phono stage and I am looking for a replacement.

Pic of the system as it stands below (always evolving).

P.S. I am active on Pinkfishmedia and AVForums with the same username.
IMG_1400.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Hi, new member

Post by Charlie1 »

Very nice looking vintage setup. I like the little filing cabinet with it.
Ugg10

Post by Ugg10 »

@charlie1 thanks for the comment.

Generally - is there a "like" button on this forum for adding thanks etc. to a post - can't seem to find one.

Also, looks like tagging usernames is also not a function, will just have to live with this and add replies/quotes.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

No 'like' button here.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Interesting and rather cool looking system. It also looks like a lot of work. Welcome to the forum.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Nice system Ugg10, and welcome aboard!

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Yes, welcome Ugg10!

That's a cool looking corner of the room!