The heart of the Domesticaone home system

Share your journey!

Moderator: Staff

domesticaone

The heart of the Domesticaone home system

Post by domesticaone »

Hi there
I guess it's time to introduce myself after a couple of year's lurching on the forum.
Here's what makes our living room sing. An LP12 from 1992 with most parts updated over the years. Currently it's equpped with an Adikt, older verion of Ekos, Kore, Radikal 2. The signal from that setup is fed through a Slipsik 8, Sagatun stereo, soon to be upgraded,, and then a Tundra stereo feeding a pair of Klångedan T1. All, except the Slipsik in a Harmonihyllan rack. Although I'm a vinyl addict, there are still things released exclusively on CD, CDR, and also on cassette, so my system is commplemented by a Linn magic CD player and a cassette deck from Yamaha. I'm not so proud of how these machines are positioned, but they are secondary to the vinyl setup.
IMG_1148.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Re: The heart of the Domesticaone home system

Post by Hermann »

Nice little setup domesticaone. It's obviously a lot of fun to listen to. The Klångedan T1 are loudspeakers that I would like to hear and I am also not familiar with the effect of the rack system. I would be very happy to see a small sample of music.
Trust your ears
springwood64
Very active member
Very active member

Post by springwood64 »

Looks like a very elegant system.
Pete

Linn Axis, Slipsik, Källa, Boazu, Espeks
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

Hermann wrote: 2024-03-19 10:06 Nice little setup domesticaone. It's obviously a lot of fun to listen to. The Klångedan T1 are loudspeakers that I would like to hear and I am also not familiar with the effect of the rack system. I would be very happy to see a small sample of music.
+1 👍
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

That appears to be a very nice system. I also have yet to hear the Klangedangs but Fredrik and others speak highly of them. The records leaning against the side remind me of the similar stacks in my room except mine lean against a record cabinet that I need to reorganize to fit more of them in.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
springwood64
Very active member
Very active member

Post by springwood64 »

ThomasOK wrote: 2024-03-19 20:21 The records leaning against the side remind me of the similar stacks in my room except mine lean against a record cabinet that I need to reorganize to fit more of them in.
My records are all carefully organised in my two cabinets, but my son's rapidly growing collection is colonising the space between the speakers. I'm hoping he's going to move out before things go too far!
Pete

Linn Axis, Slipsik, Källa, Boazu, Espeks
domesticaone

Post by domesticaone »

Record collecting is definately a bulky hobby. What's in the picture is only the new arrivals crates.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Cool to meet another T1 owner in here, Domesticaone!

Gudibrallan! I like 'Syster Lisa'.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

domesticaone wrote: 2024-03-20 22:20 Record collecting is definately a bulky hobby. What's in the picture is only the new arrivals crates.
Pretty much ditto in my case. They do pile up, don't they?
The LP12 Whisperer
Arjen
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Arjen »

I love the LoPo position of your HiFi gear Domesticaone. Must be a joy to sit and listen!
Lenco 76/S TJN, Dr. Fuss, Supernait2, CD5X, Slipsik7.1, Millon Phantom, Soundeck, AudioSensibility
domesticaone

Post by domesticaone »

Arjen wrote: 2024-03-22 18:45 I love the LoPo position of your HiFi gear Domesticaone. Must be a joy to sit and listen!
Indeed. And since I got the Sagatun upgraded a week ago, it's been many hours in the sofa, revisiting many favourites enjoying them even more than before. Still Life by Van der Graaf Generator playing now. Better than ever!
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Glad you're enjoying the upgrade!

Nice looking system too.
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

ThomasOK wrote: 2024-03-21 18:59
domesticaone wrote: 2024-03-20 22:20 Record collecting is definately a bulky hobby. What's in the picture is only the new arrivals crates.
Pretty much ditto in my case. They do pile up, don't they?
Same here, I recently had to pick-up a few more album crates. Only instead of wood crates, they are durable plastic with built-in handles. Unfortunately my album collection has to be in two different rooms now, since there's way too many for the music room. And this will force me to prioritize which albums can stay in the music room.
Last edited by Tony Tune-age on 2024-04-05 23:27, edited 2 times in total.
Tony Tune-age
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

springwood64 wrote: 2024-03-19 10:08 Looks like a very elegant system.
Agreed - very nice indeed...welcome to the forum!

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
domesticaone

Post by domesticaone »

Same here, I recently had to pick-up a few more album crates. Only instead of wood crates, they are durable plastic with built-in handles. Unfortunately my album collection has to be in two different rooms now, since there's way too many for the music room. And this will force me to prioritize which albums can stay in the music room.
Here is one blessing with being a Swedish record collector/occasional racord fair seller; beer crates from before 1989. These crates are perfect. Dimensions couldn't be better really. Standing up, there's room for around 80 LPs, when you lay them down there's room for 50. Full of records they are somewhat heavy, but still "carryable". And they are so sturdy that you can stack them more or less indefinately. Although the production stopped 35 years ago, they don't really age.
crate.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

That looks like the old milk crates we had here, a couple of which I still have. They are a bit dirty but maybe I should clean a couple up and give them a try. They would be handy for taking LPs to shows.
The LP12 Whisperer