My Lejonklou home

Share your journey!

Moderator: Staff

Fred11

My Lejonklou home

Post by Fred11 »

Dear forum
Happy New Year to all. I wanted to thank the forum members and Fredrik for this excellent bank of knowledge and uncompromising focus on music and musicality. With this I thought I would share my now Lejonklou-filled home with you and some thoughts about were I have been and were I am now.
The first picture is of my Boazu and usually Källa (on this pitcture Chord Mojo 2 and argon streamer) and Lenco record player into Jern 12Ws. Jern+Lejonklou was my first meeting with Lejonklou. I heard it in a Swedish hifi-shop and was gob-smacked by the layers of music presented, coherence and musicality. I have had Naim for 15 years before this and finally fount a reason to part with the green and black label. The second picture is of my living room witch consists of another Boazu, Källa, another Lenco (PTP) record player with a great Audio Note arm and Nagaoka MP-300 into Jern 14 ds and a Red sub. This system is really great, even though it is very discrete. I think It plays more musical than the basement system. Probably because of the room-interaction with the speakers. With Källa it is really amazing, so natural, music just flows. But now I have made another upgrade.
In the basement I finally was able to attain the Grahams Ls 5/9f. Wow, what a speaker. The Jern ws12 is really good, but the ls5/9f is just better in every single musical aspect and ads dynamics and bottom. I am now a very happy camper. The Boazu, Källa and Grahams ls5/9f is just the best system I have ever owned and for the money I can't imagine a more simplistic and coherent system. It is lik I have band playing in the living room or I am at a classical concert in Vienna. I would still really recommend Jern + LK its very natural and engaging, but now Grahams has won me over. It is much more expensive also, of course.
Thank you so much for the music, Fredrik!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Re: My Lejonklou home

Post by Hermann »

Thanks for the New Year's greetings.

A really nice system, very attractive to look at. The Källa as a source is something special and with the Bazoo the spirit is preserved. Congratulations
Trust your ears
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Very nice looking indeed, great pictures!

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
Fred11

Post by Fred11 »

Hermann wrote: 2024-01-23 11:46 Thanks for the New Year's greetings.

A really nice system, very attractive to look at. The Källa as a source is something special and with the Bazoo the spirit is preserved. Congratulations
Thank you very much, Hermann
I really admire your system an enjoy your posts. So interesting that you tried a bigger Grahams and felt the Isobariks was better👍
Atb
Fredrik
Fred11

Post by Fred11 »

Tony Tune-age wrote: 2024-01-23 15:39 Very nice looking indeed, great pictures!

Cheers
Thank you, Tony!
I really enjoy your pictures and posts. The Briks must be really something. Would be fun to hear them some day.
Atb Fredrik
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Missed this thread somehow.

Very attractive systems and rooms.

Glad you're enjoying the Lejonklou equipment. I must have a listen to the Jern's sometime.
Fred11

Post by Fred11 »

Thank you, Charlie!
Hope you can hear the Jern some time. They are very good, indeed.
Regards
Fredrik
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Fred11 wrote: 2024-01-23 18:05
Tony Tune-age wrote: 2024-01-23 15:39 Very nice looking indeed, great pictures!

Cheers
Thank you, Tony!
I really enjoy your pictures and posts. The Briks must be really something. Would be fun to hear them some day.
Good afternoon Fred, and thank you for the positive comments as well. The was a time when I seriously thought about replacing my Isobariks, but ultimately I decided to keep them. And needless to say, I have no regrets either. They always sound better with each and every upgrade made up stream.

Cheers!
Tony Tune-age
Fred11

Post by Fred11 »

It sounds like they are very special and difficult to beat. When Hermann wrote about his experience with Grahams also, with speakers costing that much more; legendary. I used to own Naim Sbls and regretted the moment I sold them. Now I am happy I moved away from Naim,, though.
Atb
Fredrik
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Fred,

I forgot to say earlier, if you are ever in the Midwest of America, let me know and perhaps I can arrange for a listening session.

Cheers!
Tony Tune-age
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

Fred11 wrote: 2024-01-23 18:02

I really admire your system an enjoy your posts. So interesting that you tried a bigger Grahams and felt the Isobariks was better👍
Atb
Fredrik
Hall Fred,
Thanks for the comment. The Grahams were a very intensive experience. Unfortunately, there was no possibility to position it optimized.

I would be interested in your experiences with Bazoo. My small system is currently playing with NAC 72/140. A well -sounding setup with wedge or tukan. My plan is an exchange against Bazoo. Since the two naims have been in my possession for approx. '97, recapping is necessary. Still a good basis for buying a used bazoo.
Trust your ears
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

Your Jern’s look fab under the window Fred11! I really like HiFi systems which blend into their environment without drawing attention to themselves.
Fred11

Post by Fred11 »

Tony Tune-age wrote: 2024-01-23 21:52 Fred,

I forgot to say earlier, if you are ever in the Midwest of America, let me know and perhaps I can arrange for a listening session.

Cheers!
Thank you, very much! Hope I get to travel there sometime. I an unfortunately situated in Norway : (
F
Fred11

Post by Fred11 »

Spannko wrote: 2024-01-24 14:29 Your Jern’s look fab under the window Fred11! I really like HiFi systems which blend into their environment without drawing attention to themselves.
Thank you, Spannko! They do not look like they can sound good in that place, from a hifi-perspective. But they sound amazing on the sideboard. Much better than many other speakers I have had. I think one problem with Jern is that some hifi-people find them hard to take seriously.
F
Fred11

Post by Fred11 »

Hermann wrote: 2024-01-24 14:05
Fred11 wrote: 2024-01-23 18:02

Atb
Fredrik
Hall Fred,
Thanks for the comment. The Grahams were a very intensive experience. Unfortunately, there was no possibility to position it optimized.

I would be interested in your experiences with Bazoo. My small system is currently playing with NAC 72/140. A well -sounding setup with wedge or tukan. My plan is an exchange against Bazoo. Since the two naims have been in my possession for approx. '97, recapping is necessary. Still a good basis for buying a used bazoo.
Boazu is really, really good. I had Naim 82-hicap 250, and even though it had power and grunt, the Boazu was more musical. So a switch sounds like a good idea👍
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Very nice looking systems. I like the looks of the sideboards, lovely wood and simple design. The systems sound interesting and it is good to hear you are enjoying the Lejonklou gear in both those setups. Have a great new year.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Fred11

Post by Fred11 »

Thank you very much, Thomas! Same wishes to you.
I have built the sideboards myself. One could say I have a bit of a plywood-fetish: ) Here is my Ptp-Lenco-audio note plywood deck. Plays really well!
I had an lp12 Whitch a Naim Aro, which I actually sold to get the Källa. The Lenco plays very well, with a groovy bass.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fred11

Post by Fred11 »

And Here