My system today

Share your journey!

Moderator: Staff

lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Re: My system today

Post by lejonklou »

Fantastic that you found an Aura in such good condition!

I enthusiastically sold them myself in the 90’s. Although I have repeatedly said that I owe almost everything to Linn, who taught me all about judging musical qualities, and to some degree Naim, who did miracles with some of their designs and were dead right about some things like single wiring being superior, it was Aura that inspired me to the mix-all-inputs design that I put it into Boazu. Such a brilliant concept and so jaw-dropping minimalistic.

I don’t remember finding a special synergy with the Royd Coniston R, which was a great speaker for the asking price. But maybe there is? They both have their flaws for sure, but they put their flaws where they don’t matter too much. Music was the focus of both of them, for sure. Not too common these days.

That said, I do enjoy your older clips more.
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

lejonklou wrote: 2023-05-05 02:54 I do enjoy your older clips more.
Me too,
may I ask why did you leave your former set-up or is it just a second system?
Thx
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

I've heard of the Royd Coniston R but the Aura is new to me. I've never heard either of them but they are certainly making an enjoyable sound in your setup. I wonder if that combination has ever been driven by such a high level LP12 before? Good buy!
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
Efraim roots
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Efraim roots »

Thanks guys! The funny thing is that Fredrik just wrote about the aura amplifier and its designer in another thread discussing the "mix all inputs together" feature of Boazu. I knew quite a bit about it from before, reading online, and thought it to be a really cool design. It's actually one of those long-time search words I still have on a big trade site and gets e-mails about, and year after year it's always something else with similar name. Then just a fews days after Fredrik wrote about it turned up for sale as I described. I always wanted to hear a pair of Royd speakers as well so I bought the lot. I went next day by tram with an empty box I had lying around, and going home again by tram, carrying the full system sitting like a glove in that box. The whole experience felt like a gift. All this together is also the answer for matthias,

Actually I could never have believed that I would enjoy it so much, and still do everyday since around 1,5 months! It's some kind of peace listening to it. It was originally used with a Linn Axis which I guess was great system as well. It has not been used with LP12 like this before for sure. I am totally convinced in the LP12 once again, I listened to this setup quite a lot with technics 1210 with Linn Basik LVX arm and different mm's. Oh gosh was it an impactful change when I shifted to LP12 with the exact same Basik LVX arm. I was a little disappointed in going back to Ekos SE after that actually, maybe I'll have to try how I enjoy the system with the Basik LVX on the LP12 again. It's cool because the whole signal path is basic level 90's vintage and a great balance, but with the modern top flight LP12 deck to spin the grooves. It's a pain changing the t-kables though since I have to open the technics too to remove the basik cable. We'll have to wait and see what happens next on my system today!?
the players of instruments shall be there..
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

Efraim roots wrote: 2023-05-08 00:59 The whole experience felt like a gift. All this together is also the answer for matthias,
Actually I could never have believed that I would enjoy it so much, and still do everyday since around 1,5 months! It's some kind of peace listening to it.
Efraim,
enjoy your new set-up to the fullest!
All the best
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677