Hermanns System

Share your journey!

Moderator: Staff

Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Hermanns System

Post by Hermann »

So you also know the advantages of the Tundra.... That's good.
For me there are about 2500 other reasons and if streaming is added even more.
And I suddenly hear music again which was in hiding for years.

Gruß from near the Ruhrgebiet.
Trust your ears
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

ThomasOK wrote: 2021-01-28 19:04 [...] Or the comment from at Stereo TImes who, in awarding the Boazu a 2020 Most Wanted Products award. said the Boazu "did more nothing to the signal than just about any other amplifier in my memory, easily revealing even small differences between sources and cabling. Moreover, within its power envelope, it is dynamic, engaging, absolutely grainless, and quiet as a zen master in samadhi." I have customers who have replaced Naim electronics with Lejonklou, as well as Linn units, passive preamps, tube units, etc.
[...]
Well Tom, I just found that review from David Abramson and can't put it better than he does. Its very easy to understand what he has written and amusing to read.

https://v2.stereotimes.com/post/lejonkl ... -abramson/

I guess that very interesting description should be pinned somewhere ...
Trust your ears
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Great article Hermann, thanks for posting! Congratulations to Fredrik and Thomas for sure!

Cheers!
Hermann wrote: 2021-02-20 13:13
ThomasOK wrote: 2021-01-28 19:04 [...] Or the comment from at Stereo TImes who, in awarding the Boazu a 2020 Most Wanted Products award. said the Boazu "did more nothing to the signal than just about any other amplifier in my memory, easily revealing even small differences between sources and cabling. Moreover, within its power envelope, it is dynamic, engaging, absolutely grainless, and quiet as a zen master in samadhi." I have customers who have replaced Naim electronics with Lejonklou, as well as Linn units, passive preamps, tube units, etc.
[...]
Well Tom, I just found that review from David Abramson and can't put it better than he does. Its very easy to understand what he has written and amusing to read.

https://v2.stereotimes.com/post/lejonkl ... -abramson/

I guess that very interesting description should be pinned somewhere ...
Tony Tune-age
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

so did you bought the Entity also? it had to go back for the upgrade? I am curious what you say about the Entity in the end.
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

No, not yet been bought. It's back for an upgrade and I expect delivery tomorrow. However, the warm-up takes a few days.

I guess his chance of moving in here seems very good.
Trust your ears
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

keep us all posted about the differences in case you can remember them. If its the same unit just upgraded I expect it to settle down much faster.
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

Its the same Entity upgraded. It has just arrived and is warming up. But cannot listen today. Unfortunately, it will be tomorrow morning.

I'm very happy to share the first impression, of course. And yes, the sound of the Entity is present to me. It was too close to the SL to be forgotten.
Trust your ears
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Hermann wrote: 2021-02-22 15:37 Its the same Entity upgraded. It has just arrived and is warming up. But cannot listen today. Unfortunately, it will be tomorrow morning.

I'm very happy to share the first impression, of course. And yes, the sound of the Entity is present to me. It was too close to the SL to be forgotten.
My Entity will be receiving an upgrade soon as well...should prove to be very interesting indeed!

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

A short first impression of the Entity 1.1

With a pot of good green tea my first session startedwith the Entity 1.1 this morning. First it was on top of Radikal for warming up the LP12. Briefly played, but when he was next to the SL on the Fraim he showed what he can really do.

After the third record, John Grand (you know from my examples) I thought, whoops, what's going on here. After that King Crimson Island and that confirms my assumption, the Entity needs signal and some records til it plays properly. King Crimson is already a musical challenge and rarely did I listen to the entire record. Already it has with changed the Tundra and with the Entity even more. And I actually thought I knew the music very well. The Entity 1.1 shows me how well or which gaps are now filled.

The first impression is extremely positive and I slowly believe the Entity 1.1 manages to dissolve my over 45 years relationship with Naim.

However, there remains plenty of room for improvement in cables etc. I also want to hear the Entity 1.1 on Mana, as the Tundra benefits enormously from it. But for a fair comparison of both phonos on Mana, I need to do some rebuilding.
Trust your ears
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

Great news for great component Hermann.
Thank you for your report ...
Music First ...
Vlado
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

Thanks Vlado. Great component from Fredrik indeed

A small update
After both phono are placed next to each other on Mana, the decision is made today. Nevertheless, I would like to post examples tomorrow to know to what extent there is consensus.

In addition, I get 5.2m K400 as a stereo pair, which will be terminated with Deltron on 4.98m. The current NACA5 is soldered on briks with gold plugs, on the Tundra are screwed WTB. Should get a boost
Trust your ears
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Hermann wrote: 2021-02-23 14:01 The first impression is extremely positive and I slowly believe the Entity 1.1 manages to dissolve my over 45 years relationship with Naim.
That says a lot about the Entity 1.1, and maybe Naim too...

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

That's the way it is Tony. I won't be able to post examples until Saturday, sorry.

Since this was supposed to happen today, I can share, it's the Entity 1.1 that I prefer.
Trust your ears
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

thats great to hear ... David striked again against Goliath
do you mind giving impressions what you think what has improved over version 1.0?
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Hermann wrote: 2021-02-25 17:53 That's the way it is Tony. I won't be able to post examples until Saturday, sorry.

Since this was supposed to happen today, I can share, it's the Entity 1.1 that I prefer.
The ear wants...what the ear wants!!!

Cheers!
Tony Tune-age
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

If what I am hearing is right and if there was no screw up somewhere I can only say - wow. Not even close.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

I prefer clip 1 each time. Just less effort for me.

I hope it's the Entity but I don't know. Historically I'm rubbish at guessing which is which so try not to even think about it.
Last edited by Charlie1 on 2021-02-27 19:45, edited 1 time in total.
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

Thanks for your comment.

The two Phonos stand side by side on Mana. Certainly, there are many things to optimize, especially with the Entity. The SL plays almost at maximum. According to Naim, only a Superlumina cable can top the Hi-Line. However, I know another solution...
Trust your ears
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Tony Tune-age
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

Thanks Tony,

It's Entity 1.1 vs. Naim Superline / Supercap / Hi- line / Powerline
Trust your ears
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

As I was wrong many times thats why I was holding my opinion back to not influence others but the way I hear it I like 2 better
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

I prefer clip 1.

Very curious about which is which!

A few weeks ago, when Hermann posted clips of Naim Superline/Supercap/Hi-Line/Powerline (not even sure what all those products are) versus Entity 1.0, I thought Naim was better. I had a list of new ideas to try on Entity and the fact that I preferred the Naim clips made me decide to prioritize those tests, despite being deep into the design of a (different) circuit board. One thing on the list worked (=resulted in a musical improvement) and that change became Entity 1.1. At first I thought the difference was small, but when I went back to 1.0 I couldn't stand it anymore, it just felt confused in comparison. So the improvement was bigger than I expected.
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

I will quickly post my view on Hermanns clips. It really makes me happy when I can agree with Lejonklou and Charlie1 at the same time! :-)
Playing cd’s…………
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

Thanks beck and Fredrik for your opinion and background. There is indeed some difference between recording and real listening. Even if the first comparison was difficult to judge, this one is not. I can understand that very well, because in the first test I was often torn. Sometimes one piece sounded better, then the other. This is no longer the case after the upgrade.

For the recordings I used the SL again, previously very much vinyl with the Entitiy 1.1. It is simply more coherent, more complete. The obvious things like extended bass range, transparency or musical experience related to the SL only incidentally.
Trust your ears