Hermanns System

Share your journey!

Moderator: Staff

Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Hermanns System

Post by Charlie1 »

I prefer 2 on Yuko and 1 on Black Pumas.

I suspect they are in the same order as before, and it's the character of each preamp that better suits a different track.
tokenbrit
Very active member
Very active member

Post by tokenbrit »

Opposite for me, I feel: Yuko 1; Pumas 2.
Whatsmynaim

Post by Whatsmynaim »

Yuko: 2
Pumas: 1
Eli7

Post by Eli7 »

Listening to the tracks for the first time this afternoon was a quick shot from the hip. Listened via I Pad and little time. Now I have listened to the tracks more calmly via my laptop with headphones. I understand the different opinions.
I'll stick with 1.
I feel that whatever the outcome of the duel, you can only win. :)
MDSM3 / Netgear GS 108T-200 / BJC Cat 6a / K200 (Lejonklou Cut K400) /
M140
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Hermann wrote: 2021-06-28 08:25 Thank you for your assessment. It is indeed very difficult to decide. The preamps are really very close. This, in turn, clearly speaks for Fredrik's developer quality. To play on the level of a device four times more expensive is outstanding.

But I will post two more recordings, to make the decision easier.

Yuko Mabuchi Trio

1. https://e.pcloud.link/publink/show?code ... hjz03TsTFV

2. https://e.pcloud.link/publink/show?code ... R1Jj7FfxqX

Black Pumas

1. https://e.pcloud.link/publink/show?code ... EyBb9O45Rk

2. https://e.pcloud.link/publink/show?code ... NrWmNr5XOV
Good or bad, right or wrong...I'm leaning towards the second link for both Yuko Mabuchi Trio and Black Pumas.

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

I prefer 1 on both tracks. Great music!
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Eli7 wrote: 2021-06-28 18:07 I feel that whatever the outcome of the duel, you can only win. :)
I agree (+1) Both are very close, and listening in person would be better for me to know for sure.

Cheers
Tony Tune-age
kampak

Post by kampak »

„1“ on both Tracks for me
Linn-Lejonklou-Kudos
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

No 2 for me.
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

Thanks again to all contributors.

In fact, I have never heard two devices from different manufacturers with such a similar, almost identical presentation. On the one hand a manufacturer with (now) a huge corporation in the background, on the other hand Fredrik. Both follow the same idea of ​​reproducing music in its most original form.

One side uses this commercially very successfully through a (mostly power supply) upgrade system, the other simply creates the best possible at around a quarter of the price. As is known, it started with the Entity, where the price difference to the fully upgraded Naim Superline is significantly higher and ended with Entity version 1.1.

Nevertheless, it is still the case that my wife prefers the Sagatuns and I slightly prefer the 552. However, this depends on the musical direction, which was recognized very well here.

Clip Grant is 1 the 552, ergo 2 the Sagatuns, Clips Yuko and Puma it is the other way around, 1 the Sagatuns, 2 the 552.

The 552 has been available on Audio.markt.de and other platforms for a week now. And that means nothing else, if a buyer is found, the Sagatun remain.

So my thanks go to Marco from Hexagon Audio, who was always helpful and of course primarily to Fredrik for developing the Sagatuns. Not to forget the hints from the forum.

By the way, nobody is wrong when deciding which clip is better. It's not about guessing which preamp is playing, but rather, in my understanding of which recording is best to follow, appeals to me better.

With this in mind, I'll be starting the next project soon.
Trust your ears
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

Hermann wrote: 2021-06-30 06:56
By the way, nobody is wrong when deciding which clip is better. It's not about guessing which preamp is playing, but rather, in my understanding of which recording is best to follow, appeals to me better.

With this in mind, I'll be starting the next project soon.
+1

You are doing great things for yourself and for this forum by posting the comparisons. :-)
Playing cd’s…………
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

really interesting comparison and as I can only speak for myself I was not trying to find out which was which Pre Amp but rather go with the musicality. As I seen a lot others ending up deciding one time for the Naim one time for the Sagatun it really shows how close it is.
Congratulations to Fredrik for a wonderfull product or lets rather say products.
I am already interested what your new project will be.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Thank you for this very interesting comparison, Hermann!

I thought the first track was a bit tricky, while on the following two I clearly preferred the first clips. I was really curious which of the preamps I had voted for. That it was Sagatun Mono that got my vote on all three felt very satisfying!
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

yes Fredrik I think you have been the only one constantly voting for the Sagatun.
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

Congratulations on your final system decision Hermann, it was a very thorough and worthwhile process. Thanks for sharing your experience. Plus, it would be an understatement to say that I learned a great deal about your system too.

And like you, it was the Entity that motivated me to purchase a Sagatun Stereo preamplifier. After hearing how much better the Entity sounded than the Urika, it was essentially a shock...especially for the price difference. Then the Sagatun preamplifier ended up sounding way better than the Klimax Kontrol, for approximately 1/3 of the price.

Enjoy the music...
Tony Tune-age
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

Thanks Beck, it's a new experience for me. I had hardly anything to do with changes in the past few years, with the exception of the LP12. And seen as a whole, I'm now getting very close to my imagination. I hope the forum and the users benefit, because I've had that in the past few years as well.

Thanks defender. The new project will soon be described that I can post it.

You're welcome, Fredrik. Your decisions about the clips are very interesting to me and tell me that you know your products very well. I hope to be able to make the switch as soon as possible (also fortunately for my wife) and can hardly wait to hear the Tundra monos.

Well Tony, thank you for your kind words. Indeed, it was not an easy decision. Not as easy as with the Tundra stereo amp, which was actually no longer an issue and stayed that way. Even if it was much tighter in my system, I know how to classify your decision well.

It takes a little patience now, because my conscience tells me that the Sagatuns I have been testing for a long time and it may take a while for a 552 to find a new home.
Trust your ears
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

Great decision & development of you system Hermann, especially when everybody is happy with music & atmosphere at home ...
Music First ...
Vlado
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

Hermann wrote: 2021-06-30 16:56 I hope to be able to make the switch as soon as possible (also fortunately for my wife) and can hardly wait to hear the Tundra monos.
Hermann,
thanks for your clips and congrats for your decision to go for a complete Lejonklou set-up.
Surely the TM will be the icing on the cake.
Enjoy :-)

Matt
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

It would be nice to have a pic or video of the final system :)
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

Thanks Vlado, we have been since the Tundrastereo started playing and even more since the Entity 1.1 moved in.

Thanks matthias, a long road that has paid off.

I'm working on it Charlie1 and think a little video might be in order.
Trust your ears
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

I enjoyed clip 1 more on both Yuko and Black Pumas. It sounded a bit more musical and balanced to me. The second clips on each of those sounded a bit more Hi-Fi to me and less musically integrated. Nice track choices.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

Charlie1 wrote: 2021-07-02 15:38 It would be nice to have a pic or video of the final system :)
+1 :-)
Music First ...
Vlado
Tony Tune-age
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tony Tune-age »

V.A.MKD wrote: 2021-07-05 14:20
Charlie1 wrote: 2021-07-02 15:38 It would be nice to have a pic or video of the final system :)
+1 :-)
Same here (+1)
Tony Tune-age
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

Hello

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the contributors once again. The musical gain over the past 2 years has been tremendous, not least with your help.

However, I will admit that at first I found it difficult to question a sound with which I have experienced many highs and very few lows over 40 years. However, at the end of the day, it was always positive impressions.

As of today, I am a Sagatun owner. The Naim 552 has found a new home in Denmark and was just picked up by a very nice guy.

Now that the preamp side is settled, another challenge awaits me.

The NDS is an extremely musical streamer that was pretty close to the LP12 before the Karousel conversion. But I want to change it in favour of a smaller solution. It currently occupies 2 rack levels, which I want to sort out. I am looking for a solution to place a streamer in a side room and control it via web interface. However, my knowledge of this is very limited. The NDS is the first streamer I have owned. Plug it in, no setup necessary, plays.

Hence my question, how do I get the quality of an NDS format streamer in just one enclosure that I can place in the side room next to the server. An approx. 2.5 m cinch cable would be necessary, but that bothers me rather less. The source for the streamer is exclusively a QNAP server and Internet radio. Can this be realised at all?
Trust your ears
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tendaberry »

Lejonklou Källa? But you would have to switch to a streaming service, instead of using a server.