Hermanns System

Share your journey!

Moderator: Staff

Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Hermanns System

Post by Defender »

here I dont agree with you Matthias - everyone needs to find their own happiness.
There is always the chance to have a lucky punch and find a musical product but its maybe less likely.
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

Defender wrote: 2021-06-07 17:49 everyone needs to find their own happiness.
Happiness is often very momentary and yields then to ever-changing set-ups (sorry for being OT).

Matt
Matt

MBP / Exposure pre + power (both modified) / JBL3677
FairPlayMotty
Very active member
Very active member

Post by FairPlayMotty »

matthias wrote: 2021-06-07 17:19 I think it is questionable to combine products which are designed according to the tune method with products which are not.

Matt
How many years was the LP12 being made prior to TuneDem?
Everything is a remix: Copy, Transform, Combine.
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

FairPlayMotty wrote: 2021-06-07 18:39 How many years was the LP12 being made prior to TuneDem?
The LP12 was the epitome of Source First and SF works hand in hand with TuneDem.

Matt
Matt

cortina

Post by cortina »

Still running LP12 and 3677s .

Cannot see a problem combining. If a product not developed using tune-dem sounds better than a similarly or higher priced product that was, when evaluated using tune-dem, then why not choose the better product??
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

matthias wrote: 2021-06-07 18:18
Defender wrote: 2021-06-07 17:49 everyone needs to find their own happiness.
Happiness is often very momentary and yields then to ever-changing set-ups (sorry for being OT).

Matt
I agree with you on this one brother.
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

This discussion belongs elsewhere.

Markiteight, do your duty and move it to another place on the forum! :-)

Hermanns System thread should be about Hermanns System.
Playing cd’s…………
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

cortina wrote: 2021-06-07 19:06 Cannot see a problem combining. If a product not developed using tune-dem sounds better than a similarly or higher priced product that was, when evaluated using tune-dem, then why not choose the better product??
Agree,
Vermouth Audio for example has five differently priced analog interconnects with RCA termination. You can perform a comparison with the Tune Method and find the best out of these five ones. But then you do something similar what manufacturer do when they design their cables according to the Tune Method in the first place.

Matt
Last edited by matthias on 2021-06-08 06:15, edited 1 time in total.
Matt

Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

so Matthias which clip of the ones provided by Hermann do you think was better with respect to musicality?

and sorry for the sidetrack to the forum
matthias
Very active member
Very active member

Post by matthias »

Defender wrote: 2021-06-07 19:48 so Matthias which clip of the ones provided by Hermann do you think was better with respect to musicality?

I am sorry as well.

I prefer number one, it is more engaging, the music has more tension, in comparison number two is slightly boring.

Matt
Matt

beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

matthias wrote: 2021-06-07 20:10
Defender wrote: so Matthias which clip of the ones provided by Hermann do you think was better with respect to musicality?

I am sorry as well.

I prefer number one, it is more engaging, the music has more tension, in comparison number two is slightly boring.

Matt
I agree with Matt. Listening to the clips there is a slight difference in the way the musical timing is portrayed by the two cables.

I would describe 2 as a small step in a direction away from what I prefer. I prefer clip 1 each time.

My listening works like this: listening into a single voice or instrument I can at the same time feel the rest of the music fold itself into the single voice or instrument with 1.

With 2 doing the same I hit a resistance hearing the single voice or instrument slightly more detached from the rest of the music not being able to fold it together as “one” thereby also hearing it a little clearer......
Playing cd’s…………
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

Thanks again to all contributors, no problem posting about adjacent areas.

A small update - Avid cable 1m length

I am not posting examples for this cable as it just doesn't fit musically. It had a playing time of about 12 hours and that should be enough.

Currently, the new Linn Silvers are playing.

About mains cable configuration.
I have to change my experience on that one, because it's actually better if the Sagatuns are the first plugged in. I followed Defender's recommendation and the first impression was still not good. But when I had the Tundra stereo in the second bar, it was clearly better.

I'll post an example of that.

However, I will also admit that as good and interesting as it is to test new things, it should be slow enough. It is indeed time to concentrate only on music. The decision will be made this week. But I have to consider that the 552 is anything but perfectly terminated to the Entity. Perhaps the test with the Sagatuns was too early?

Since my setup allows to give the Sagatuns and the 552 the first slot by means of two independent bars, Radikal and Entity 1. 1 will be alternately plugged into the bars, depending on what is to play. And this will be done on a daily basis.
Trust your ears
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

I don’t deserve credit for the recommendation to put the Sagatun Monos first into the power strip as thats an original recommendation from Fredrik and even found in his documents.
There was a lot of testing about that in the Playground - most preferred Sagatun Mono first than Radikal than PhonoPre and last Power Amp but some also liked Radikal first than Sagatun Mono than PhonoPre and last Power Amp.
But for the sake of time and making your mind up SM first than Radikal, PhonoPre and Power Amp should do.
Not sure how I would do it if two power circuits with the same priority would be available.
Tendaberry
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Tendaberry »

matthias wrote: 2021-06-07 20:10 I prefer number one, it is more engaging, the music has more tension, in comparison number two is slightly boring.
Matt
I agree with Matt, every time no. 2 came on, I found myself bored after a few seconds, the tension and presence from no. one was missing. On the Grand track you can clearly hear, that the percussive instrument, that comes in after 10-15 seconds is no longer on the beat, but struggling to keep up. So Silvers for me.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

I really don't like the Vermouth cable on the first track. The music sounds weird to me.

The second track is not my thing so I skipped that one.

Enjoyed track 3. I thought I was listening to 'Another Green World' to begin with. Didn't mind the Vermouth so much on this one but still prefer the Linn.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

beck wrote: 2021-06-07 19:27 This discussion belongs elsewhere.

Just wondering if you really think it is proper for you to be moderating the moderator? Personally I think he knows how to do his job. I also feel that minor branches form the centerline of the topic often have proven useful and even educational.
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Charlie1 wrote: 2021-06-08 12:07 I really don't like the Vermouth cable on the first track. The music sounds weird to me.

The second track is not my thing so I skipped that one.

Enjoyed track 3. I thought I was listening to 'Another Green World' to begin with. Didn't mind the Vermouth so much on this one but still prefer the Linn.
I see a bit about what Charlie1 means in that track 3 was good enough that I could listen to it with the Vermouth, but I really enjoyed listening to it with the Linn cables and didn't want it to end. I didn't have a problem with track 2 or 1 if it was with the Linn cables, but with the Vermouth I found the flow (timing) and dynamics to be at best distracting, and at worst annoying.

By the way, I think the JBL3677s and my Quad ESL are sterling examples of products that weren't designed using the Tune Method yet are very musical and tuneful. There are any number of other such products. There will always be products designed using who knows what as a design goal that end up tuneful, some purely by accident. So there is no reason not to listen to a product that might be good, especially if recommended by someone who uses the Tune Method for evaluation. OTOH there is certainly a whole lot of pretty unmusical gear out there and I wouldn't want to be the one to sort them all out.
The LP12 Whisperer
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

mmh Hermann now it would have been better that it would be a blind test without knowing which was which because you might think there is expectation bias involved.
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

ThomasOK wrote: 2021-06-08 18:02
Just wondering if you really think it is proper for you to be moderating the moderator? Personally I think he knows how to do his job. I also feel that minor branches form the centerline of the topic often have proven useful and even educational.
I will be moderating beck's humour from now on ;)
Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

ThomasOK wrote: 2021-06-08 18:02

Just wondering if you really think it is proper for you to be moderating anyone who you deem to be moderating the moderator? 😂
beck
Very active member
Very active member

Post by beck »

Spannko wrote: 2021-06-08 20:03
ThomasOK wrote:
beck wrote: This discussion belongs elsewhere.

Just wondering if you really think it is proper for you to be moderating anyone who you deem to be moderating the moderator? 😂
I will from now on be more moderate in my writing minding my own business. Thank you for moderating me! ;-)
Playing cd’s…………
markiteight

Post by markiteight »

Feedback and suggestions are always welcome, and encouraged!

Spannko
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Spannko »

I was moderating Thomas, who was moderating beck for moderating the moderator! 😂🤣😂
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

Spannko wrote: 2021-06-08 21:50 I was moderating Thomas, who was moderating beck for moderating the moderator! 😂🤣😂
This is all moderately amusing.
I hope this won't be considered immoderate, but I was just reacting to something that sounded more like a command than a suggestion. I greatly respect beck and his contributions as I do markiteight. Just wanting courtesy, peace and happiness to reign. (There are way too many of the opposites in the world at large.) Carry on. :-)
The LP12 Whisperer
Hermann
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Hermann »

Defender wrote: 2021-06-08 19:48 mmh Hermann now it would have been better that it would be a blind test without knowing which was which because you might think there is expectation bias involved.
I agree with you fully, Defender. I should have done that and will do so in the future. OTOH I shouldn't trust my ears any more, because some descriptions are not comprehensible to me.

Now for the order of the mains cables. One shot with the order recommended by Fredrik and the other Tundra is plugged into its own circuit.

1. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kntMzb ... sp=sharing

2. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F_IeK- ... sp=sharing
Trust your ears