Post by beck »

Congratulation! Enjoy. :-)
Playing cd’s…………
springwood64
Very active member
Very active member

Re: Pete's System

Post by springwood64 »

beck wrote: 2024-04-28 07:05 Congratulation! Enjoy. :-)
Thanks Beck!

Started at 8am and still playing records....

Apparently the bearing benefits from about 200 hours running in, so might as well spin some disks while I'm at it.

Already sounding very sweet
Pete
springwood64
Very active member
Very active member

Post by springwood64 »

I followed Peter Swain's recommendation to replace the foam gaskets in my Espeks with a sealant. I wish I had recorded before and after clips as the difference is substantial, with improvements across the whole frequency range. It's like I have new speakers.

I applied the same torques to the drivers as I found when tuning torques by ear (1.2nm+1 for mids and base, 0.4nm+0 for tweeters).
Pete
Zee9

Post by Zee9 »

would you care to elaborate on the details of the sealant you used. might be a good experiment for my spare kabers.
springwood64 wrote: 2024-04-30 08:41 I followed Peter Swain's recommendation to replace the foam gaskets in my Espeks with a sealant. I wish I had recorded before and after clips as the difference is substantial, with improvements across the whole frequency range. It's like I have new speakers.

I applied the same torques to the drivers as I found when tuning torques by ear (1.2nm+1 for mids and base, 0.4nm+0 for tweeters).
1. LP12/Selekt/TS 2.5/kabers+RelT7i
2. WiiM/modi3+/TS 2.2/Kan II
3. Genki/Kairn/5105/Kabers
springwood64
Very active member
Very active member

Post by springwood64 »

Zee9 wrote: 2024-05-10 17:21 would you care to elaborate on the details of the sealant you used. might be a good experiment for my spare kabers.
I followed the steps detailed here and used the same sealant recommended: https://hifikabin.me.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2665

I was initially planning to test with a pair of sacrificial speakers. I'd previously experimented with replacement gaskets and proved it was possible to degrade the Espeks' musicality. I was cautious because sealing is not an easily reversible step.

However I was persuaded to try, and after testing on one tweeter, decided it was clearly beneficial and sealed them all.
Pete