Share your journey!

Moderator: Staff

V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

V.A.MKD System

Post by V.A.MKD »

Hi All,

As new on the forum I want to share with you details about my system, it looks like this:

Analog:
Turntable: Kuzma Stabi, Tonearm Stogi (both 7 years ago was on "check" at Kuzma), Cartridge Denon 103R (playing) and Benz Micro Glider (new and reserve);
MC & RIAA: The Gryphon Phonostage & Headamp; Primare R32;
Tuner: Marantz 50;
Digital:
CD/SACD/DVD: Primare DVD 30; Sony NS 700V;
Integrated Amps: Naim Audio Nait 2 (olive); Leben 300XS;
Loudspeakers: Focal Mini-monitors;
Cables: Various ... AQ, VDH, Oyaide, Naim Audio, DIY ...

More than 30 years music lover (mostly Jazz & Classical) and than audiophile ...

For now that's all, in the mean time all the best and kind regards,

Vlado
Music First ...
Vlado
mrco99
Very active member
Very active member

Re: V.A.MKD System

Post by mrco99 »

Hi Vlado!

Thanks for sharing your setup and welcome to the forum.
I particularly like your avatar and signature - with 'music first' it sounds more to me that you're a music lover first and foremost rather than fit into the audiophile category :-)

Cheers from Amsterdam,

Marco
Distributor of Lejonklou | Aqua | Graham Audio | Klangedang | NOKTable | Ophidian | The Wand
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

Hi Marco,

Thank you very much for your message and kind words.

Yes, music first was always my ... From teenage years, growing up in family with big music tradition ... with all kind of music. How "life river" move me ... now I'm with Jazz Impressionism ... ECM and other ... Classical music have special place in my collection and home ... late night with glass of red wine ...

Avatar is "responsible" for going beck to roots. I see in Mono & Stereo update of new product from Lejonklou (and first time meet the brand). Than go on web and reed everything about ... That was moment that move me beck to Tune Method, to Linn / Naim (still have the Nait2) and on a big door to get to knowing Lejonklou ... IMO perfectionist company and leader ...

So following Tune Method and philosophy ... start from wall with Power Strip, next step Power Cords and now is break-in all AC cables, than will go other steps (report will follow) and hope to finish with best line of Lejonklou products ... Than will come on real stage music (is all time on first place and always present)...

This will be very very good journey ... with one direction ... to serve to Music ...

All the Best from Skopje,

Vlado
Music First ...
Vlado
ThomasOK
Very active member
Very active member

Post by ThomasOK »

That's a very interesting and different system, thanks for sharing it with us. I look forward to seeing where you go with it all. Have fun!
The LP12 Whisperer
Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer and above all lover of music.
lejonklou
Administrator
Administrator

Post by lejonklou »

Welcome to the forum, V.A.MKD!

Looking forward to reading more about the evolution of your system!
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

Thank you very much for your welcome.

As mention in my other posts will start from wall and than step by step (I hope with your help) will try to improve my system ...
Music First ...
Vlado
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

you have a Leben 300XS - I am jealous - must be fun
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

Defender wrote: 2020-04-27 21:27 you have a Leben 300XS - I am jealous - must be fun
It's endless fun ... :-)

Last year I'm with Nait and after I discover Lejonklou and forum I'm trying to improve musicality of the system ... I start from wall and ... things go perfect with help of all of you, but a huge job have to be done, step by step, one change at the time, just to get better musicality and avoid mistakes (that I'm making now, here at forum :-( ...) and that I have done in the past when making the system. When I rich some good level of musicality, I will change one thing Naim with Leben ...

Leben is quiet different (you know the designer, brand, model and everything about) ... Musicality is at the highest level, but it will as well need fine tune in the system, as we do it here, with tune method. It will be big fun :-)

One thing to be clear to you, when I switch to Leben, you will know and you will be directly involved (with your big experience and interest in it) in fine tune of it, so you (as well as I and other members here) will know is there is need for jealous or not ... :-)

We will have Big Fun ... :-)
Music First ...
Vlado
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

thats great to hear and dont hesitate to put clips into the forum - all the forum members have helped me soo much in improving my system. I would have to live with much lower musicality and thats done with almost no financial investment.
I am still making a lot of mistakes with tune dem but even if not all agree if we dont only state what tune dems better and why we think so all can learn from it.
But in the end we also need to find away to just enjoying our systems - meaning one part is the way which is exciting but at one time we need to be happy with what we have - I am getting closer to that with all the nice people here in the forum.
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

Defender wrote: 2020-04-28 09:22 thats great to hear and dont hesitate to put clips into the forum - all the forum members have helped me soo much in improving my system. I would have to live with much lower musicality and thats done with almost no financial investment.
That is interesting and important issue (I try to put it on table but not ... maybe it's something else) making and listening clips and especially with what equipment. If we have more or less same equipment (laptop, tablet, phone, headphones) it will be easier for all to achieve with TM much better results ...
Music First ...
Vlado
Defender
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Defender »

maybe but I am not sure I think the resolution or details doesnt matter so much but more the emotion/feeling/tune - maybe more information just distracts from the core - Fredrik said sometimes he is going into the kitchen or somewhere else to hear it from a greater distance
I use my Ipad and apple headphones - I am more struggling in falling back to old habits so when I am wrong I didnt used tune dem in the right way.
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

Defender wrote: 2020-04-28 10:06 maybe but I am not sure I think the resolution or details doesnt matter so much but more the emotion/feeling/tune - maybe more information just distracts from the core - Fredrik said sometimes he is going into the kitchen or somewhere else to hear it from a greater distance
I use my Ipad and apple headphones - I am more struggling in falling back to old habits so when I am wrong I didnt used tune dem in the right way.
Thomas also I think use iPad and Apple headphones, Fredrik also as he mention have iPhone and Bose headphones ... Several others also have Apple equipment, I also have Apple headphones but rarely use them ... so more or less everything go in Apple direction ... if I'm not wrong ...
Yes, Fredrik is right from the other room is sometimes easier to hear differences ...
With clips and tm we have to hear differences and what is more musical not to make hifi evaluation ...
Music First ...
Vlado
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

V.A.MKD wrote: 2020-04-28 09:04
Defender wrote: 2020-04-27 21:27 you have a Leben 300XS - I am jealous - must be fun
Lovely looking amp.

What does it do that the Nait doesn't and visa versa?
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member

Post by V.A.MKD »

Charlie1 wrote: 2020-04-29 11:03
V.A.MKD wrote: 2020-04-28 09:04
Lovely looking amp.

What does it do that the Nait doesn't and visa versa?
Forum will be first group to know, what are the differences ... Nice, retro looking yes ... tube amp, not to forget = doesn't mean nothing ...

You / Forum & Tune Method will say final word ...
Music First ...
Vlado
Charlie1
Very active member
Very active member

Post by Charlie1 »

Tease :D
V.A.MKD
Very active member
Very active member